Forums / Community / Community Creations

Halo Machinima Series - Altered

OP Zeth Maverick

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello Everyone!

For the past 6 years, I have been writing a story, and over the last few years, a group of friends and I have decided to bring that story to life. We are going to be making this project using Halo 5 as the machinima engine, and posting progress to this thread as often as possible.

I will post some photos of sets along with videos regarding our progress whenever we have something new to share with everyone! Once I get home tonight, I'll be posting quite a few to populate this thread a little, and to show that we actually mean business. This is going to be a long term project, but hopefully one that the community will enjoy and support!

If you would like to support this project, all I ask is that you follow this thread. We will keep the updates rolling and show you guys what we've been working on for the last two years!
Machinima, thats something I havent heard in YEARS.

Sounds cool though, cant wait to see the finished product

Thanks man! I'll post some set photos tonight! Please follow the thread to see the updates!

Thanks man! I'll post some set photos tonight! Please follow the thread to see the updates!
Alright, will do
https://www.dropbox.com/s/46zhv5v5xrxdeoy/ep2%20Screenshot%202019-06-03%2019-27-08.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wt9blqvwykoy0ju/ep2%20Screenshot%202019-06-03%2019-24-16.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewduwm0l390psne/ep2%20Screenshot%202019-06-03%2019-37-51.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4yajt196hv5j7p/ep2%20Screenshot%202019-06-03%2019-32-55.png?dl=0

These are all WIP sets that we are currently working on. I'll be keeping this thread updated with information and more photos as they become available!
If you ever need a voice or body actor let me know. I have a severe amount of free time and would love to help in anyway possible.
If you ever need a voice or body actor let me know. I have a severe amount of free time and would love to help in anyway possible.
Awesome! I'll give you a shout as soon as we start filming (Or prior to)! We're still working on a few more sets for the first episode, but we're hoping to have it done by the end of this week! (Of course, the way I schedule things never works, so It won't be done by the end of this week XD)
Awesome! I'll give you a shout as soon as we start filming (Or prior to)! We're still working on a few more sets for the first episode, but we're hoping to have it done by the end of this week! (Of course, the way I schedule things never works, so It won't be done by the end of this week XD)
hahaha
its all good just keep me posted
Same. If you need a body actor, hollar and I’ll see if I’ll be able to. I might not be able to, though, so sorry if I become an inconvenience.
jemscarter wrote:
Same. If you need a body actor, hollar and I’ll see if I’ll be able to. I might not be able to, though, so sorry if I become an inconvenience.
Not a worry! I'll let you know when we start grabbing body actors! We're still working on the maps, so i'll try and keep this thread posted! I'll have a few more photos to share tonight!
I can also be a voice actor if needed. I’m a male btw.
jemscarter wrote:
Not a worry! I'll let you know when we start grabbing body actors! We're still working on the maps, so i'll try and keep this thread posted! I'll have a few more photos to share tonight!
👍 Sounds good. Just, a fair warning, I’m going to be out for the next two weeks, so sorry if you start filming around then.
I'd love to have you try out for one of the parts when we get to that point! Right now we're going to be focusing on building and recording. Once a few episodes have been recorded, then I'll be releasing an audition list of characters that need voices. I'll make sure to post that here as well when the time comes!
jemscarter wrote:
jemscarter wrote:
👍 Sounds good. Just, a fair warning, I’m going to be out for the next two weeks, so sorry if you start filming around then.
Not a problem! We're currently getting close to finishing up for episode 1, so I'll be reaching out to you and everyone else who has volunteered before the end of the month!
I'd love to have you try out for one of the parts when we get to that point! Right now we're going to be focusing on building and recording. Once a few episodes have been recorded, then I'll be releasing an audition list of characters that need voices. I'll make sure to post that here as well when the time comes!
I'm a little confused about your "style", so would you help me understand? I'm used to scripting first, record next, and then edit. Did you complete the script prior to recording your video? Also, are you planning on using a voice acting website to host these character auditions (CastingCallClub.com for example)?
I'm a little confused about your "style", so would you help me understand? I'm used to scripting first, record next, and then edit. Did you complete the script prior to recording your video? Also, are you planning on using a voice acting website to host these character auditions (CastingCallClub.com for example)?
You are correct. The way I like to go about larger projects is to complete the script first, then work on sets and recording the body acting for one or two episodes. Once the in game recording is finished, I then go to site's like the CCC, or when it was around Machinination, and find voice actors for the roles. I then schedule times to discuss the characters with the voice actors and go over their lines in detail, which usually takes a few days. Once all of that is completed, I buckle down and get the editing done.

This project has been years in the making, so we're taking our time with it, but we hope to have it all wrapped up before Halo Infinite comes out!
You are correct. The way I like to go about larger projects is to complete the script first, then work on sets and recording the body acting for one or two episodes. Once the in game recording is finished, I then go to site's like the CCC, or when it was around Machinination, and find voice actors for the roles. I then schedule times to discuss the characters with the voice actors and go over their lines in detail, which usually takes a few days. Once all of that is completed, I buckle down and get the editing done.

This project has been years in the making, so we're taking our time with it, but we hope to have it all wrapped up before Halo Infinite comes out!
Sounds good fam
If you need an Aussie voice actor I'd be happy to join
Prelly99 wrote:
If you need an Aussie voice actor I'd be happy to join
I actually have a character that might suit that voice! I'll update you when the time comes!

Also, I know I have been rather behind in posting set photos, but I'll have some more to post tonight, so stay tuned for that!
Update: Been super, super busy at work, and have not got around to posting photos! (Sorry about that guys) I will be attempting to get home early enough today so I can actually get some recording/photos taken.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2