Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Community Creations

If I Was a Writer for Halo 6...

OP Lazyspartan360

Hey guys! I know Halo news has been lacking for a while now (and it'll likely continue until E3), so over the past year, I've done my own speculating as to how the next halo will be, especially considering the negative feedback Halo 5 Guardians received regarding its story. I enjoyed the game, but I won't deny the problems and holes its story had. Overtime, however, I saw more and more potential for a great story from the way Brian Reed ended Halo 5. So, I began a special writing project for myself with one goal in mind: to write the Halo 6 story as if I myself was a lead writer for the game. I started this project in the end of October and, unfortunately, am still writing what I refer to as the "outline" (I use that word VERY loosely simply because of the sheer length of text I've already written). I, however, still wanted to share something with the larger community of what I'm working on, as I'm looking to do more work on my own as a writer, and would appreciate any feedback I can get. Because of this, I sat down for a few days and gathered my thoughts enough to create a summary of the storyline with the intent to share it here. Any feedback is welcome and appreciated, and I hope to eventually share the outline as soon as I can complete it, but for now, Enjoy!

My Halo 6 Storyline Summary (Google Doc):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NicXRglkfL5ybfiCs8xzpZDFHGqKt9Gm30V5lsWYnB4/edit?usp=sharing

As a few notes: since this is a summary, the story contained within only describes the overall plot, as I didn't want it to persist too long with the multiple sub plots I've also written in, so if anything seems off, or if something doesn't really make sense, ask. I wrote it, after all, so if there's a lingering question, I can answer it. Also, in case it needs to be said, this is NOT the official story of Halo 6. It may very likely not even be close to this version, but as I'm a Halo fan and want to practice my writing, I wanted to create this and share it with the community for entertainment, enjoyment, and critique.
fyi, this will probably be moved to community creations
And it was. Mistake on my part, apologies for that. I was debating whether it should go in general discussion or community creations. At least it's where it should be now.
And it was. Mistake on my part, apologies for that. I was debating whether it should go in general discussion or community creations. At least it's where it should be now.
you don't have to apologize to me, I'm just watching out for you because. Well i can't tell you why, I'll just message you why.
you been caught lackin
Overall very well written 50/10. I like the Mendicant Bias bit, it's like it's a tribute to Cortana. I'm just imagining chief pulling out the chip slowly and staring at it for a second, remembering Cortana and the only reminder he has of her and then finally transferring Mendicant. Its very saddening. I like the whole sacrifice part of it. It should have a soundtrack like Halo 3 ODST.
Overall very well written 50/10. I like the Mendicant Bias bit, it's like it's a tribute to Cortana. I'm just imagining chief pulling out the chip slowly and staring at it for a second, remembering Cortana and the only reminder he has of her and then finally transferring Mendicant. Its very saddening. I like the whole sacrifice part of it. It should have a soundtrack like Halo 3 ODST.
Thank you. That's pretty much what I was going for in that part of the plot, taking inspiration from Halo 5's E3 2013 teaser. My big goals for this plot were to make Osiris and Palmer more likable, having Blue team and Osiris fill at least a somewhat meaningful role, make Cortana's sudden shift in character make sense, and make the Created story arc more engaging. Glad you enjoyed it!