OP Toler Supreme

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Introduction
Installation 01 game build. Extremely early build.

Introduction:
Installation 01 is a PC-exclusive Halo game being developed by a small, talented group of fans. Our goal is to return Halo to it's core, arena-based multiplayer, finding the perfect balance between Halo: CE, 2 and 3. However, make no mistake: we have an intricate story-mode planned for the lore-lovers, as well.

What is Installation 01?
Installation 01 is a PC-exclusive Halo game that will be 100% free-to-play. Our goal is to deliver a true Halo-experience on the PC platform that will be accessible to as many people as possible. The game is extremely early in development, so there aren't many details I can share with you. But you can expect me to update you along the way. A public beta is planned for the future. Date undetermined. Truthfully, this game is made FOR the fans. Our 19-man team is extremely talented and dedicated, and are making this game with a unified love of Halo.

Plans for the future:
Like I've said, we are extremely early in development, but we do have some sort of layout planned for the game. In terms of gamemodes, you can expect your beloved Campaign, Multiplayer and Firefight options all available to you. For multiplayer, the standard CTF, Slayer and KotH game modes all make a return.
We also have multiple series planned on our YouTube page, such as:

-"Making of 'Installation 01'" - A series dedicated to provided our fans with gameplay updates on a bi-monthly basis to show progress in development. This will be extremely cool when the game is fully released and you can watch them all one after the other and see the gradual progression of the game. Should be 1-2 minutes in length, each.

-"Music of 'Installation 01'" - A series which purpose is to release the game's soundtrack to the general public. Descriptions of each composition will include the usage and placement of the song. For example, if you're playing the third level of the campaign, and you hear a song you really enjoy, you can find it in the description of the video, saying "This song plays in Mission 3 of the Campaign - Checkpoint Beta". For a reference, I, the primary composer have released this to showcase what the soundtrack will be like.Into Dust - Installation 01 Track

-"Developer Diaries/Video Documentaries" - Pretty much your standard videos you see developers upload. The rate at which we upload these will increase as we get closer to the launch of the game. Look forward to updates from me about this!

FAQs
Q: How much will Installation 01 cost at launch?

A: Free. We're not legally allowed to make a profit off of this, and why would we charge you in the first place? This is our gift to the Halo community.

Q: What game modes will be in Installation 01?

A: Currently we have a campaign and multiplayer, and firefight-esque mode planned. Things can always change, but these features are basically set in stone. If you were referring to gametypes, expect standard Halo gametypes such as CTF, Slayer, ect.

Q: Why does your game look like it was made in 2002?

A: It is an early build. None of this represents the final product.

Q: Will the campaign be canon?

A: We have some of the top Halo-experts working on the campaign to ensure we don't break any of the established canon. Stay tuned for story-related details!

For immediate updates on all things Installation 01, you can follow us on all the following websites:
-YouTube
-Twitter
-Facebook
-Imgur

Check out our MAIN website! And join our forums! - Installation 01 Website

Feel free to ask more questions in the comment section. I will do my best to answer them!

Halo © Microsoft Corporation. Installation 01 was created under Mircosoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" using assets from Halo ©. It is not endorsed by Microsoft and does not reflect the views or opinions of Microsoft or anyone officially involved in producing or managing Halo ©. As such, it does not contribute to the official narrative of the fiction universe, if applicable.
This looks like a really interesting project and I sincerely wish you guys the best in getting this completed :)
Thank you very much! In the coming weeks we will hopefully show off some of our models and textures. We're hard at work!
I'm impressed! Excellent work for a first alpha build. However, I think the AR model you demoed with is a little off. Perhaps you could get it to looking closer to the MA5B?

I like this, though! It'll be great to see what you come up with in the future.
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah the AR has had some questioning and we are looking into it. If you are interested in our website and game, sign up on our forums!
I01
So...

Is this exclusive to Windows OS's or will it run natively on Linux?

(I use Ubuntu 14.04 and I'd be very very happy to be able to play this game without being forced to run software like WINE that slow down performance.)
Our goal is to make the game playable to as many people as possible.

EDIT: Confirmed from our lead developer it will be available on all OS's.
This is lookin' good.
Just got done playing a new build with a couple of the Devs. Played on a remade map that resembles a swamp ;).
So, any chance you'll be adding an LAN co-op mode to your campaign...? Please...? That's a feature I've been wanting for Halo on PC for a while now.

Also, will you be adding vehicles to I01?
Quote:
So, any chance you'll be adding an LAN co-op mode to your campaign...? Please...? That's a feature I've been wanting for Halo on PC for a while now.

Also, will you be adding vehicles to I01?
It wouldn't be Halo without vehicles, now would it?

As for the LAN co-op, at this point anything is possible. We are doing are best to put in all the features we and other gamers want in the game. Obviously, not everything may make it in the game right away, but this is a long-term commitment to our team. We will do our best to make the Halo game everyone wants to play.
Quote:
Obviously, not everything may make it in the game right away, but this is a long-term commitment to our team. We will do our best to make the Halo game everyone wants to play.
You got me to want it haha best of luck to you!
Thanks for your support! =)
Oh, shiny, we have a Waypoint post now :D
All I want to say is that this team is incredible, lots of skill is involved, and we are making a game we will enjoy playing with other people.
Quote:
All I want to say is that this team is incredible, lots of skill is involved, and we are making a game we will enjoy playing with other people.
I completely forgot to ask... What kind of release date are you looking at?

By the way, I also wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone involved with this project. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work!
Quote:
Quote:
I completely forgot to ask... What kind of release date are you looking at?

By the way, I also wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone involved with this project. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work!
We do not have a specific date in mind for release as of yet. But look for the public beta in the not-so-immediate-yet-not-so-distant future.
YES. HYPE.
Where is your website located? It has a .ga domain? It doesn't seem to be reachable through my ISP.

Also, what game engine are you building this on?
Certainly Has The Charm Halo CE Did. Good Luck!
Where is your website located? It has a .ga domain? It doesn't seem to be reachable through my ISP.

Also, what game engine are you building this on?
From what I read it seemed like they were using unity. But that is not necessarily the case.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6