Forums / Community / Community Creations

Item Idea: Vehicle Repair?

OP ProjectXa3

I'm just starting to get into the meat of the new Forge system and wrap my head around the different controls from Forges Past. I've seen a lot of good stuff out there, and a lot of amazing things that I can't even begin to attempt yet. That's what makes me think this idea is even remotely possible: an item-- maybe a weapon, maybe some kind of status-effect volume, I don't know-- that will restore the health of vehicles that it is used on/ pass through it/ whatever.

See, I have a few modestly-successful vehicle welds so far, mostly a small line of "Passenger Wasps", which fly just fine, and are balanced fairly well (apart from the "tailgunner" variant that uses Gungeese being a bit back-heavy) but when they do get destroyed, it seems that there's a decent chance of them coming back... wrong. Different stuff, from the component parts just coming back in the wrong order, to the Mongoose passenger sections getting stuck hovering in midair, Fixed or Phased somehow, and the accompanying Wasp portions unresponsive to commands. It seems to me like a good way around it would be to have a way, other than destruction of the vehicles, to get a "new" and repaired version back on the field.

Anyone have any advice on where to look or how to do it myself?
Right now if a vehicle that is welded explodes there is a high chance anything that it was attached to will not re-spawn properly. however anything that is not in it that is welded to it will work fine.
SUTOF wrote:
Right now if a vehicle that is welded explodes there is a high chance anything that it was attached to will not re-spawn properly. however anything that is not in it that is welded to it will work fine.
No, I mean reverting damage to the vehicle itself, so that respawning isn't an issue in the first place.
ProjectXa3 wrote:
SUTOF wrote:
No, I mean reverting damage to the vehicle itself, so that respawning isn't an issue in the first place.
That would be interesting maybe as a level nine armor ability in warzone?