Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Community Creations

Project Extinction: Community Driven Story S1:EP2

OP FoolishTales

Project Extinction, where the last of us come to die.
New section published every week or every other week

Project Extinction Official Spartan Company

How it works?
Each week, I will post a good size addition to the story of Project Extinction, which sees the characters take part in an adventure or confrontation with each other. Therefore, I will contact the characters creators to tell them about plans for their characters and anything they wish to be done with their characters.

Story
The year is 2553, the Covenant has splintered into countless factions each with its own objectives and purpose. The insurrection, not contempt with humanities unity during the war, has risen up to prominence again.

Project Extinction is a military and diplomatic organization funded by the UNSC. They are to fight against all threats to humanity, be it domestic or foreign. Commanded by a Veteran of the Great War, Commander Odair, leads from Extinction Command, known as "D-22-3" and informally called Winter. Commander Odair was given the AI supervisory system, known as Comms, which helps Commander Odair manage the assets of Project Extinction.

The Engineer Corps, the Architectural Division or simplified to the Architects manage the creation of Military and Civilian technology. They are currently contracted on the creation of a Space Superiorty Fighter using the schematics of the Covenant's space Banshee

The Security and Military department, known as Section, are security assigned to Extinction facilities and assets. They are sometimes deployed to active combat zones from conflicts involving Human and Covenant factions, such as the conflict on Aegis, codenamed the Aegis Protocol

Extinction Command, operate the assets and individuals apart of Project Extinction. However, even ONI have suspicions of some of the personnel and operations inside this department. Its only public figures is Commander Odair and the AI Comms.

Characters
The characters present in the story are created by YOU and therefore you have a stake in the story. You can create a maximum of two characters. The first is your Protagonist, which is your main character and whom I am unable to kill without your permission. The other is the Sidekick. They can have the same stake in the plot, however I can kill them at any time. State which character is which so I know who is who.

Format
So I know a little about your character, using this format in the comments, give me a description using this criteria:

Name: English preferred
Nickname: Either name or character nickname
Class: Elite Classifications are restricted
Specialization: Section or Architects, Extinction Command is restricted.
Weapons: Limit to maximum of two, Human only
Biography: I need of a bit of a backstory on each character

Characters receive these as default and cannot be changed, however as the story progresses and so does the character they can earn them over time. I will contact each characters owner to ask how they wish their character to progress.

Faction: Restricted to Project Extinction
Armour: Standard Unmodified Armor
Armour Enhancements: None
Body Enhancements: None
Gear: None
Template

Protagonist or Sidekick:
Name:
Nickname:
Class:
Specialization:
Weapons:
Faction: Project Extinction
Armor: Standard
Armor Enhancements: None

Biography:
So, is this a continuation or reboot of the previous story?
So, is this a continuation or reboot of the previous story?
Gonna reboot it, just waiting on some characters to create an opening story ARC. If you wanna create a new or make a returning character, I will allow you to start at a higher rank, of up to Sergeant, if you wish
Season 1: Episode 1
The Prolouge

It is said that every good story begins with a backstory, something that connects them to their humanity and to their purpose. Project Extinction was born out of the very thing it was named after. Extinction.

Project Extinction was founded as a last ditch military plan during the Human Covenant War. Its mission was to save humanity no matter the cost. They were to launch ships filled with volunteers into distant space to maintain the Human race should Humanity fall.

The Human Race saw no such victory, that Project Extinction was committed to sending Humanity into the cold void, with nothing more than their faith and hope that had dwindled over the years.

Thankfully, it never was meant to be. The destruction of the Covenant spared Humanity from resorting to such a measure. They were spared the unknown future for a far colder and more aware one in the post war years.

Humanity was to rebuild, and Project Extinction became something new. Its purpose was the same, to protect Humanity. But it became not a last call of a desperate escape, but a terrifying example of why Humanity scared the Covenant so.

Project Extinction was commissioned formally by the UNSC as a Military Development Company but thanks to the limited resources the UNSC possessed was also a Joint Security Partner, assisting the UNSC in military operations.

This militarization of the program lead to the creation of the Section. Formally security personnel contracted by Project Extinction to guard facilities and their minimalistic fleet. Soon their numbers reflect that of a private army of men and women, who truly never left the war.

This is overlooked by the UNSC and UEG for the military benefits the Project provides, as well as them still unable or unwilling to create hostilities with the Program.

Those either unable too, who are too broken or simply do not wish to stop fighting find their way into their ranks. As a result, they comprise some of the best soldiers known to Humanity, second only to the elite of the UNSC.

This serves Project Extinction well, as they were contracted by the UNSC to engage in the liberation of the colony world, Aegis. It was occupied by both an Insurrection Cell and Covenant Remenant faction. Deemed as squatters, Project Extinction was called to evict.

The Operation on Aegis, known as the Aegis Protocol, is to prevent the Insurrection Cell and Covenant Remenant from establishing a foothold on the planet. And to especially prevent either side colluding with the other.

Project Extinctions primary directive is the creation of new military and civilian resources for humanities reconstruction. This is their primary focus, if not overshadowed by their growing military focus.

Engineering and Research into Covenant and Forerunner equipment and retrospectively integrating that into development is an important, if not expensive venture the Project undertakes.

It is the view however, that the war left many broken beyond repair. Project Extinction seems the best for those who wish to continue to serve to die.

But I fear, as those who must of feared being send into the empty void, of the future.
Protagonist or Sidekick: Sidekick
Name: The Communication Network
Nickname: Comms
Class: AI
Specialization: Modular Offensive and Defensive Doctrine, Military and Civilian logistics
Weapons: Control of Project Extinction Robotic Asseta
Armor: N/A

Biography: The Communications network, otherwise known as the Comms is a Tier 2 AI system used by Project Extinction. Tier 1 AI, otherwise referred to as Smart AI were routinely difficult and expensive to procure, therefore the acquisition of one was near impossible.

Tier 2 AI, however, were cheaper and just as efficient as Tier 1, lacking only their unique learning patterns. This being a nessecary compromise for their cost. The Comms also lacks a personality that smart AI, being represented in the form of a simple voice interface. Similar to war programs such as DOT used on Reach.

Comms manages the assets associated with Extinction, but his primary directive is currently the conflict on Aegis where he coordinates Section forces. He has demonstrated certain glitches in his program during this conflict which are also currently being investigated.
Spoiler:
Show
Season 1: Episode 2
Yesterdays Mission

Commander Odair would awaken, to witness another cold day on the surface of Winter. The Star orbiting the moon had yet to give off any sunlight on the surface. The room was lit not that off natural, solar lighting but the strict, harsh industrial lighting fitted across the base. It was early, even for a vast military organization such as Project Extinction. Odair often awoke before most others inside the facility, it was apart of his management directive to be present during every scenario in Project Extinction, and that also meant he was also the last to sleep. It was rare for him not to be present for anything, which often meant he spent more time with the Comms than he wished.

Odair would approach his bathroom, a cozy if not small arrangement in his quarters. His hair had been swayed back, it lost any military format and created the look of an unkept civilian. He would stroke his hair back, almost several times, and style it to create a disciplined, slick ponytail. He would clean his face, clearing away the muck and grime from a good night's sleep.

He would approach his uniform. A white coloured tunic with detailing around the torso section, embroiled on the sleeve was a Black skull. The command staff were all designated by this skull, signaling their status inside the program. The contrasting, the black combat trousers created a stylistic outline which gave an element of flair and design not present in the uniform of the UNSC. It was a stark contrast to the uniform he wore during the end of the war. Broken and muddied, his Marine attire was almost barbaric compared to his current uniform.

"commander, greetings. we have 2 reports from aegis. we have 1 report from the architectural branch" would announce the Communication Network.
"Good morning to you, Comms. Is it possible that I can have these briefed inside the Command zone?" he would ask, although he already had declared where the location of this briefing would be.
"understood commander. rerouting briefing for aegis and architectural branch to the command zone" declared Comms.
Commander Odair would give a nod, almost symbolic of his relationship between his AI. Comms could not understand the reference of the head nod, only that it declared a human response of positive distinction. In Odairs view, it was almost an attempt at humanizing the AI. He would then leave his quarters and head towards the Command Zone.

Commander Odair would be approaching the Command Zone, walking past the skeleton crew left on during the night. Limited security and technicians, all tired in spirit but would not demonstrate that towards their Commander. They were all however relieved that they would be allowed to go rest, as the programs primary personnel took over the running of the facility.
"5:50 central time, general message. sector 22ba monoxide flooding. sector 22bb monoxide flooding. sector 22bc monoxi..." Comms would detail, this was a general awakening and reminder that the facility was under constant attack from the environment of winter. The rules of nature, no matter where or when you live, are constant.

Approaching the bridge, Odair would be greeted by the slick silence that accompanied an empty control room.
"Comms, power up Alpha Control Deck" he would ask, both politely and directly, Comms. With an almost lightening reponse, computers and monitors would power online. Personnel would soon enter. These personnel were the Command and Control of the program, almost the godmakers if that was not blasphemy. They all reported to Odair, and currently their were reports that needed to be heard.

"aegis protocol. military assessment. dead retreat under siege. Valtorian continent. omega front pushed back to epsilon boundary" Comms would declare. He lacked any true grace that the Human personnel would possess when relaying such data. Upon detailed inspection, the forces on Aegis were outmaneuvered on the Omega front, using superior tactics and superior firepower to bypass the position. The important factor on this position is that Valtorian was the primary continent housing the population centers which made this loss particularly troubling. Dead retreat was also the outpost in the hostile territory on Aegis. The fact that it was under siege meant that the factions on Aegis were getting bolder and more daring in the conflict.

Aegis was spared the harsher attacks during the war, as it lacked proper military defenses to designate it a serious threat and was spared glassing. However its initial population was killed, all for the sake of the great journey. After the Covenants defeat, Colonists repopulated Aegis and rose the population back to strength. However, it was only when Aegis began to prosper did Covenant and Insurrectionist squatters take up residence on the uncolonized sections of the planet.

ONI was unable, unwilling or simply didn't care enough about Aegis to commit resources to its protection. However, it was also feeling the same way about sacrificing the population to the factions on the planet. Project Extinction was given the opportunity to deal with the Covenant splinter group and Insurrectists, allowing the testing of military equipment and prototype technology on a distant planet away from the scrutiny of the UNSC. The UNSC believed Project Extinction was contracted to remove the hostiles from the planet, Extinction Command wished to keep the rest away from prying eyes.

Commander Odair ordered reinforcement be committed, but he didnt know whom to select. He would signal to Comms for some likely candidates.
TemplateProtagonist or Sidekick:Name:Nickname:Class:Specialization:Weapons:Rank: Private
Biography:
Name: Ayden C./ /Service #: S- 495/ /Unit: UNSC, Special Forces, Left Dual/ /Primary Military Specialization: Further inspection required/ /Enlistment Date: March 4th, 2527/ /Location: If not on the field, in his room playing Chess with Roland/ /Gender: M/ /Birthplace: Reach/ /Birth Date: February 27th, 2511/ /Appearance Armor: Deadeye (to the core)

Performance:A veteran to the machine auto fire, yet as of late has chosen the DMR and Pistol over Assault Rifle. A soldier always out on the field not in the training rooms. High accuracy with a rifle, a man who fails at not landing a headshot on a grunt. Left hand of Dual, the pair of S- 495 and his (ERROR) S- 543, the Dual have been the last to escape Reach safely of unknown ability. Was known as having Hero play style,and keeping his teammates safe from harm, a trait that seems not unique but his entire fighting style is the most unique thing about him. His performance off duty is the tension relief, or the one that opens up 110% up to, and look to them for a little mood change fora giggle now and then. A man of flaws though, he isn't the man to go against if you want a fair fight, you will destroy him and end up leading him down his path of (ERROR) a little bit farther. A hole inside of him that grows with every lost soul, every friend, every... The man can't feel emotions unless in sight of a another person, taking ADHD meds for his health issue, a man who still has a chance at life but is going to need to be pulled out soon and with the strength of 117 himself./ /Comments: I've seen him on the docks before, he gets in one ship for firefight and once that ship comes back he resets his score, collects his pay, and is on another ship. Never seen anyone else be like that: every day, sun up to sun down. -Palmer. Who, Death? Never seen him in the training hall, the arena, literally any place involves PvP. The mans always been a bit strange to all of us, really. -Spite. The kid looks familiar but i can't put a finger on it. That's the part that keeps tripping me over: I can't recognize him. -Jun. Great Chess player, not the best but a fun guy to play with. Always turning a gear in his head it seems, I usually play with him while he talks about something, or explains something, or etc. Never ever positive about himself while he can only be a positive for others, also studied him for awhile and he seems to have a radar of some sort, still figuring that out. -Roland. NOTES:This spartan was what I picture myself being combined with my spartan himself (the radar thing is actually my sixth sense, not a joke). What Roland doesn't mention is that S- 495 has 5 different dog tags: Carter, Emile, Kat, Jorge and his x2 (his First one and his S IV one) making 6 total dog tags. Has an old S III armor in his closet: Project Noble Operator./ /Spartan's choice of equipment: DMR and BR/ /Some of your Spartans previous engagements: Reach's last hope: Project Noble Reach, Left Dual/ /Current Operation: Firefight Leader/ /Notable Relations: TBD/ /Service Commendations: Open Season medals, Firefight dedication (an unsaid, but should be pointed out medal), no special medals/ /UNSC Tenure/Years of active duty: 7 (to be believed, but unknown)/ /Letters of recommendation from previous commanders: Don't give him a power weapon. Never let him out off a tour early. The man can get the job the done. -Different Commanders. If possible, watch your Noble history, you'll find out why. -Every single commander./ /Take what you need/want, throw what you don't, but recommendation: keep the deadeye armor if possible, it's my personal armor unmodified (technically).
TemplateProtagonist or Sidekick:Name:Nickname:Class:Specialization:Weapons:Rank: Private
Biography:
Name: Ayden C./ /Service #: S- 495/ /Unit: UNSC, Special Forces, Left Dual/ /Primary Military Specialization: Further inspection required/ /Enlistment Date: March 4th, 2527/ /Location: If not on the field, in his room playing Chess with Roland/ /Gender: M/ /Birthplace: Reach/ /Birth Date: February 27th, 2511/ /Appearance Armor: Deadeye (to the core)

Performance:A veteran to the machine auto fire, yet as of late has chosen the DMR and Pistol over Assault Rifle. A soldier always out on the field not in the training rooms. High accuracy with a rifle, a man who fails at not landing a headshot on a grunt. Left hand of Dual, the pair of S- 495 and his (ERROR) S- 543, the Dual have been the last to escape Reach safely of unknown ability. Was known as having Hero play style,and keeping his teammates safe from harm, a trait that seems not unique but his entire fighting style is the most unique thing about him. His performance off duty is the tension relief, or the one that opens up 110% up to, and look to them for a little mood change fora giggle now and then. A man of flaws though, he isn't the man to go against if you want a fair fight, you will destroy him and end up leading him down his path of (ERROR) a little bit farther. A hole inside of him that grows with every lost soul, every friend, every... The man can't feel emotions unless in sight of a another person, taking ADHD meds for his health issue, a man who still has a chance at life but is going to need to be pulled out soon and with the strength of 117 himself./ /Comments: I've seen him on the docks before, he gets in one ship for firefight and once that ship comes back he resets his score, collects his pay, and is on another ship. Never seen anyone else be like that: every day, sun up to sun down. -Palmer. Who, Death? Never seen him in the training hall, the arena, literally any place involves PvP. The mans always been a bit strange to all of us, really. -Spite. The kid looks familiar but i can't put a finger on it. That's the part that keeps tripping me over: I can't recognize him. -Jun. Great Chess player, not the best but a fun guy to play with. Always turning a gear in his head it seems, I usually play with him while he talks about something, or explains something, or etc. Never ever positive about himself while he can only be a positive for others, also studied him for awhile and he seems to have a radar of some sort, still figuring that out. -Roland. NOTES:This spartan was what I picture myself being combined with my spartan himself (the radar thing is actually my sixth sense, not a joke). What Roland doesn't mention is that S- 495 has 5 different dog tags: Carter, Emile, Kat, Jorge and his x2 (his First one and his S IV one) making 6 total dog tags. Has an old S III armor in his closet: Project Noble Operator./ /Spartan's choice of equipment: DMR and BR/ /Some of your Spartans previous engagements: Reach's last hope: Project Noble Reach, Left Dual/ /Current Operation: Firefight Leader/ /Notable Relations: TBD/ /Service Commendations: Open Season medals, Firefight dedication (an unsaid, but should be pointed out medal), no special medals/ /UNSC Tenure/Years of active duty: 7 (to be believed, but unknown)/ /Letters of recommendation from previous commanders: Don't give him a power weapon. Never let him out off a tour early. The man can get the job the done. -Different Commanders. If possible, watch your Noble history, you'll find out why. -Every single commander./ /Take what you need/want, throw what you don't, but recommendation: keep the deadeye armor if possible, it's my personal armor unmodified (technically).
Spoiler:
Show
Biography:
Protagonist
Name:Ayden C.
Nickname:Death (because of gt, if you don't want that, then Ayden is fine)
Class?
Specialization:Sharpshooter
Weapons:DMR and Pistol (though a weird combo that could work: Gunfighter magnum and Tactile Magnum)
Faction:Project Extinction
Armor:Standard
Armor enhancements:None
Body enhancements:None other than my sixth sense thing
Gear:what kind of gear?
Note: what is the elite thing about? whatever elite reference i made in the first list was an accident. Also, are none of us Spartans in the beginning?
Name: Ayden C.
Service #: S- 495
Unit: UNSC, Special Forces, Left Dual
Primary Military Specialization: Further inspection required
Enlistment Date: March 4th, 2527
Location: If not on the field, in his room playing Chess with Roland
Birthplace: Reach
Birth Date: February 27th, 2511
Appearance Armor: Deadeye (to the core)

Performance:
A veteran to the machine auto fire, yet as of late has chosen the DMR and Pistol over Assault Rifle. A soldier always out on the field not in the training rooms. High accuracy with a rifle, a man who fails at not landing a headshot on a grunt. Left hand of Dual, the pair of S- 495 and his (ERROR) S- 543, the Dual have been the last to escape Reach safely of unknown ability. Was known as having Hero play style,and keeping his teammates safe from harm, a trait that seems not unique but his entire fighting style is the most unique thing about him. His performance off duty is the tension relief, or the one that opens up 110% up to, and look to them for a little mood change fora giggle now and then. A man of flaws though, he isn't the man to go against if you want a fair fight, you will destroy him and end up leading him down his path of (ERROR) a little bit farther. A hole inside of him that grows with every lost soul, every friend, every... The man can't feel emotions unless in sight of a another person, taking ADHD meds for his health issue, a man who still has a chance at life but is going to need to be pulled out soon and with the strength of 117 himself.

Comments:
I've seen him on the docks before, he gets in one ship for firefight and once that ship comes back he resets his score, collects his pay, and is on another ship. Never seen anyone else be like that: every day, sun up to sun down. -Palmer. Who, Death? Never seen him in the training hall, the arena, literally any place involves PvP. The mans always been a bit strange to all of us, really. -Spite. The kid looks familiar but i can't put a finger on it. That's the part that keeps tripping me over: I can't recognize him. -Jun. Great Chess player, not the best but a fun guy to play with. Always turning a gear in his head it seems, I usually play with him while he talks about something, or explains something, or etc. Never ever positive about himself while he can only be a positive for others, also studied him for awhile and he seems to have a radar of some sort, still figuring that out. -Roland.

NOTES:
This spartan was what I picture myself being combined with my spartan himself. What Roland doesn't mention is that S- 495 has 5 different dog tags: Carter, Emile, Kat, Jorge and his x2 (his First one and his S IV one) making 6 total dog tags. Has an old S III armor in his closet: Project Noble Operator.

Spartan's choice of equipment: DMR and BR
Some of your Spartans previous engagements: Reach's last hope: Project Noble Reach, Left Dual
Current Operation: Firefight Leader
Notable Relations: TBD
Service Commendations: Open Season medals, Firefight dedication (an unsaid, but should be pointed out medal), no special medals
UNSC Tenure/Years of active duty: 7 (to be believed, but unknown)
Letters of recommendation from previous commanders: Don't give him a power weapon. Never let him out off a tour early. The man can get the job the done. -Different Commanders. If possible, watch your Noble history, you'll find out why. -Every single commander.
Name: Ayden C.Service #: S- 495Unit: UNSC, Special Forces, Left DualPrimary Military Specialization: Further inspection requiredEnlistment Date: March 4th, 2527Location: If not on the field, in his room playing Chess with RolandGender: MBirthplace: ReachBirth Date: February 27th, 2511Appearance Armor: Deadeye (to the core)
Performance:A veteran to the machine auto fire, yet as of late has chosen the DMR and Pistol over Assault Rifle. A soldier always out on the field not in the training rooms. High accuracy with a rifle, a man who fails at not landing a headshot on a grunt. Left hand of Dual, the pair of S- 495 and his (ERROR) S- 543, the Dual have been the last to escape Reach safely of unknown ability. Was known as having Hero play style,and keeping his teammates safe from harm, a trait that seems not unique but his entire fighting style is the most unique thing about him. His performance off duty is the tension relief, or the one that opens up 110% up to, and look to them for a little mood change fora giggle now and then. A man of flaws though, he isn't the man to go against if you want a fair fight, you will destroy him and end up leading him down his path of (ERROR) a little bit farther. A hole inside of him that grows with every lost soul, every friend, every... The man can't feel emotions unless in sight of a another person, taking ADHD meds for his health issue, a man who still has a chance at life but is going to need to be pulled out soon and with the strength of 117 himself.Comments:I've seen him on the docks before, he gets in one ship for firefight and once that ship comes back he resets his score, collects his pay, and is on another ship. Never seen anyone else be like that: every day, sun up to sun down. -Palmer. Who, Death? Never seen him in the training hall, the arena, literally any place involves PvP. The mans always been a bit strange to all of us, really. -Spite. The kid looks familiar but i can't put a finger on it. That's the part that keeps tripping me over: I can't recognize him. -Jun. Great Chess player, not the best but a fun guy to play with. Always turning a gear in his head it seems, I usually play with him while he talks about something, or explains something, or etc. Never ever positive about himself while he can only be a positive for others, also studied him for awhile and he seems to have a radar of some sort, still figuring that out. -Roland.NOTES:This spartan was what I picture myself being combined with my spartan himself. What Roland doesn't mention is that S- 495 has 5 different dog tags: Carter, Emile, Kat, Jorge and his x2 (his First one and his S IV one) making 6 total dog tags. Has an old S III armor in his closet: Project Noble Operator.Spartan's choice of equipment: DMR and BRSome of your Spartans previous engagements: Reach's last hope: Project Noble Reach, Left DualCurrent Operation: Firefight LeaderNotable Relations: TBDService Commendations: Open Season medals, Firefight dedication (an unsaid, but should be pointed out medal), no special medalsUNSC Tenure/Years of active duty: 7 (to be believed, but unknown)Letters of recommendation from previous commanders: Don't give him a power weapon. Never let him out off a tour early. The man can get the job the done. -Different Commanders. If possible, watch your Noble history, you'll find out why. -Every single commander.
hopefully that's better to read
Biography:

Spoiler:
Show
got something for you to read: I have my template you made, as well as an easier to read version of the other one, use whatever you need from the second description.