Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Community Creations

Rich Presence For MCC on PC (WIP)

OP Gurr8106

I made a rich presence (with help from some good people).
https://github.com/kay-el-zed/releases
Invites and spectating isn't available.
What does it do?
I ran your program, first an error popped out about failure to load tokens from an uncreated directory from '%appdata%/local/OpenXbox/xbox/tokens.json'. Is that a file I need to create? I then tried logging on to an account with 2 factor enabled, it failed the first few times then it surprisingly worked with options to appear to which authentication method I prefer using. Then it continued. I got lost on what valid client ID it was asking for along with small and large images, I just entered random letters. Then I launched Halo and it works, except discord just says the time elapsed. But it did work since it said "We're playing Halo!" and "Discord RPC started".

I'm really stoked about this project honestly since there is a lot of potential. However some documentation would be a lot helpful especially what client ID its asking for. Following this topic for updates ;)
this looks promising.. can you make the program without python?
What does it do?
Feature in the Discord app that shows detailed information on your session when you're in-game. Example is you're playing Halo 2: Project Cartographer, single player campaign, Cairo Station on normal difficulty. Rich Discord Presence will show people within the Discord app (provided you're friends or share a server) the session details I've mentioned. Some games that support it may allow you to post an invite in the chat for people to instantly join.
I ran your program, first an error popped out about failure to load tokens from an uncreated directory from '%appdata%/local/OpenXbox/xbox/tokens.json'. Is that a file I need to create? I then tried logging on to an account with 2 factor enabled, it failed the first few times then it surprisingly worked with options to appear to which authentication method I prefer using. Then it continued. I got lost on what valid client ID it was asking for along with small and large images, I just entered random letters. Then I launched Halo and it works, except discord just says the time elapsed. But it did work since it said "We're playing Halo!" and "Discord RPC started".

I'm really stoked about this project honestly since there is a lot of potential. However some documentation would be a lot helpful especially what client ID its asking for. Following this topic for updates ;)
Sorry for taking to long to respond. "valid client ID" is the discord developer client located here (https://discordapp.com/developers/applications) and the small and large images are what you see(large="large" and small="small" or custom based on how you set up your dashboard.) Check the Github for updates, and thanks for the encouragement.
https://camo.githubusercontent.com/a2a68ded90ac196b22e734d8484783914f5d5fcb/68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f35315a646e76396c2e706e67
^ An example image
ChiqoRS wrote:
Wasn't my choice for the use of Python. Had I done it I would have used C# or C++ or even JavaScript.
I'll try and post more updates on the project but thanks for the support.
ChiqoRS wrote:
What's wrong with Python?
Update:
Rich Presence is now available for xbox. Side note you may need to reboot.
Creating and Deleting xbox tokens is available.
Debugging in xbox is a bit rough so you may not see any messages.

Peace:
GURRMAN375D
Again Update:
Now there is a UI so you can create and destroy xbox live tokens. 2 Factor Authentication works.
I'm currently work to get compatibility with the Microsoft Store version of MCC. Not the steam version.
PM me:
Discord: GURRMAN375D#3014
Is there any tutorial on how can I download and install this rich presence? I'm really interested on doing this but I don't know anything about coding lol