OP JDHarbs

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
Last Updated | 06.06.15

Some of you may have heard of this little project of ours over the years. We started out on Bungie.net with a thread created by xFonze to help keep track of all of the remakes of Halo 1-3 maps being built in Reach's robust new Forge mode. It got popular and we received hundreds of submissions culminating in the Team Classic playlist featuring maps built right from our own little community here. Eventually we moved our project over here to the Waypoint forums and continued our efforts into Halo 4 and now the Master Chief Collection. However, we've never had a Forge mode as good as this one before. New features like terrain pieces, scripting, and performance meters are opening the doors for some truly amazing work to be created. The Master Chief Collection is meant to be the definitive Halo game, but 343i can only cram so much into it so it's up to us to bring back the remaining maps from Reach and ODST as well as bringing back more community favorites into H2A.

In the following posts you will find a master list of every map from the Halo series divided up by game. Our goal is to help coordinate the amount of people working on each map so please reply when you are working on a remake so that others can put their efforts towards other maps not being worked on. Once a map is finished and we feel like it doesn't need any major improvements then we will add it to the master list so everyone can easily download and play without sorting through every post made in this thread.

How to Download
  • Main Menu > Roster > Your Gamertag > Find Player > enter map author's gamertag > File Share
F.A.Q.
  • I want to remake a map so what do I need to do? Nothing, but it helps to say what map you're working on so there's no multiples.
  • I made a remake now how do I get it on the list? Reply with the map name and your gamertag so we can download and review it.
  • My map didn't get added to the list. We haven't updated the list yet or felt the map could be improved. Ask for help if needed.
Tips/Tricks
  • Its helpful to have the original map open on another console or walkthrough video playing while working on your map.
  • The field-of-view is inconsistent between Halo games so don't worry if it looks "off" when comparing maps side-by-side.
  • When scaling your map, use resources like the motion tracker or vehicles to measure out the distance between structures.
  • Stay away from using timers to lay out your map as movement speed can be vary depending on game.
  • Firefight maps from ODST and Reach are great for infection. I wouldn't adapt them to competitive gametypes without tweaks.
Previous Threads
HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED

Chill Out
  • EdgemisterGames
Hang 'em High
  • Abstyler
Ice Fields
  • SmoknBrlz64
HALO 2

Ascension

• "Zenith" by 343 Industries
Beaver Creek

• Xsjados
Burial Mounds
  • SpeedBird21
Coagulation

• "Bloodline" by 343 Industries
Elongation

• ssj4gohan1
Foundation

• "Keystone" by nillapuddin626
  • xXBarthXx
Headlong

• xXBarthXx
Ivory Tower

• xXBarthXx
Lockout

• "Lockdown" by 343 Industries
Midship

• a Polish Korean
Relic

• "Remnant" by 343 Industries
  • SARIZON
Sanctuary

• "Shrine" by 343 Industries
Turf

• xXBarthXx
Warlock

• "Warlord" by 343 Industries
Waterworks

• runNOKYARDrun
Zanzibar

• "Stonetown" by 343 Industries
HALO 3

Guardian
  • xXBarthXx
Narrows
  • fame28
Misc.
  • "MLG Amplified" by Ace of Allstars
  • "Octagon" by GenericSlick
HALO 4

Haven
  • SmoknBrlz64
HALO: REACH

Anchor 9
  • Larry Tanng
Forge World
  • "Uncaged" by Larry Tanng
  • "Uncaged" by Abstyler
Sword Base
  • Teh Pointyhead
HALO 3: ODST (Firefight)

None

HALO: REACH (Firefight)

None
Awesome!!!

Time to start working again.

So for me to get back in to the swing of things, I'm gonna start small and do Beaver Creek as my first map. Then from there work my way up to Waterworks, Containment, and Highlands. If anyone wants to collaborate or also take on any of those maps let me know.

See you guys out on the battlefield... or i guess I should say "Forgefield" ;)
Thanks for posting this again, JD. I most likely will be remaking Relic and Snowbound.
ahh, home sweet home

good luck Xsjados! You know if I have the time Ill knock around with you (just dont fall asleep on me, you remember what happened last time lol)

omarlotrc, great plans, very ambitious! Best of luck bud.

I will probably knock out my bread and butter, Turf, Installation, Desolation, in that order, then if I have time, move on to some old Reach favorites of mine, Chiron, Prisoner, etc

Now lets see if I can summon Centurion to come back...

p.s.
What do you guys think about Turf in Space again? Im not sure the other pallets immediately grabbed at me to switch, I might do it elsewhere just so it doesn't look too similar, idk yet.
ahh, home sweet home

good luck Xsjados! You know if I have the time Ill knock around with you (just dont fall asleep on me, you remember what happened last time lol)

I will probably knock out my bread and butter, Turf, Installation, Desolation, in that order, then if I have time, move on to some old Reach favorites of mine, Chiron, Prisoner, etc

p.s.
What do you guys think about Turf in Space again? Im not sure the other pallets immediately grabbed at me to switch, I might do it elsewhere just so it doesn't look too similar, idk yet.
HAHAH that was one time! lol

But yea sounds awesome an definitely gonna need some help with Waterworks and Containment, since there such huge maps. You can finally now finish and do a proper Relic remake!

As for Turf I think you might want to try a different environment this time around. I loved the space theme and it worked so well for the map but form what it looks like all the maps have the same human concrete textures and I don't think it will look as good.
And summoned me you have. (At least briefly)

Good to see you guys still active. It will be a pleasure to work with you all again.

I don't know how much time I will have this time around, but I do indeed look forward to this endeavor.
Xsjados wrote:
HAHAH that was one time! lol

But yea sounds awesome an definitely gonna need some help with Waterworks and Containment, since there such huge maps. You can finally now finish and do a proper Relic remake!
As for Turf I think you might want to try a different environment this time around. I loved the space theme and it worked so well for the map but form what it looks like all the maps have the same human concrete textures and I don't think it will look as good.
Yeah after seeing the look of the Building Blocks Im a bit concerned they will look out of place in space, we'll see.

Id love workin on Waterworks specifically

and I know, Im pumped to make a proper Relic, its happening guys.
Awesome to see everyone so anxious to get back into the swing of things again. I'm honestly going to have a hard time forging on anything other than Skyward since that skybox is so beautiful, but Space Terminal has a nice ring to it. I'll be working on prototypes for a train day 1...y'know after I put about 6 hours into some CE & H2 mp.
Space Terminal, I like it, I hope you can finally get the train working!

After watching some streams here and there, Im pretty confident the item limit will be gracious enough to allow for Terminal (any large map) to be built the right way
Great to see everyone getting excited for map remakes again! I'm guessing these will be mostly Reach remakes then? Since any map we would have remade is already in the collection? :P
znazanz777 wrote:
Great to see everyone getting excited for map remakes again! I'm guessing these will be mostly Reach remakes then? Since any map we would have remade is already in the collection? :P
I'll admit that I was hesitant to even make this thread again since we'll have nearly all of the maps in the game already. Remakes really did seem redundant at first, but then that Forge mode was shown off for the first time and so many maps became possible to make now that weren't before. Its really the first time we might be able to say that we can bring back every single map in one game which we haven't done yet...at least well.

Towards the beginning, I think mostly everyone is just going to focus on bringing the remaining Halo 2 maps into H2A that didn't get remade along with the occasional popular CE or H3 map as well. My personal goal is to get all of the Reach maps into the game just so we're able to say that every Halo map ever made is in this collection. The problem is that those maps were really designed with sprinting in mind so it may be best to remake them in Halo 4's Forge instead of H2A's, but we'll see how things test. After that, I'd like to see what we could do with the Firefight maps from ODST & Reach. All of them could make good Infection maps, but some might be able to turn into competitive maps.
ahh, home sweet home

p.s.
Thanks, dude! :D

Best of luck to you as well, those are some tricky maps! As for Turf, I think you should try making it on Skyward first.
znazanz777 wrote:
Well yeah, but Halo 2 Anniversary is pretty much it's own multiplayer, so it would be nice to play remakes on a new, fresh engine with improved game options. :D
JDHarbs wrote:

After that, I'd like to see what we could do with the Firefight maps from ODST & Reach. All of them could make good Infection maps, but some might be able to turn into competitive maps.
Oh! Forgot to mention that I'll be making firefight custom games, so I guess you could count that for a few ODST remakes. I'll do Windward and ONI Alpha Site (Interior).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19