Share MCC Forge Remakes

OP JDHarbs

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. ...
  6. 19
Well, it won't really be a remix of Avalanche, because all the things I'm adding are simply from Sidewinder, which Avalanche is a remake of.
Dab1001 wrote:
Well, it won't really be a remix of Avalanche, because all the things I'm adding are simply from Sidewinder, which Avalanche is a remake of.
Hmmmmm, we could always just list it as a Modified remake then :P or just list it as a remake, I mean as long as you aren't drastically changing the map I think it's fine

also IT'S HERRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll be on ~7pm Pacific Time tonight if anyone wants to form a party and be Forge Nerds haha
So I got a brief chance to mess around with the new Forge before my finals today and I noticed a few things. First of all, expect the controls to feel very foreign! They're gonna take some getting used to! Secondly, if you plan on building an arctic themed remake on Glacier, I'd recommend using the rocks from the Asteroid pallet as cliffs with the snow terrain. In my opinion, they look much better than the Glacier rocks because they more closely resemble the gray rocky mountains in the background. Thirdly, and much to my dismay, projected terrain placed in or around the water on Alpine looks awful because it uses the grayish wet sand texture found on the beach and beneath the water. The good news is that now that Forge is being treated as a service, we should hopefully be able to look forward to new canvases being released in the future. And on that note, those planning on remaking desert themed maps might want to hold out until we get some sandy terrain to work with.
So I got a brief chance to mess around with the new Forge before my finals today and I noticed a few things. First of all, expect the controls to feel very foreign! They're gonna take some getting used to! Secondly, if you plan on building an arctic themed remake on Glacier, I'd recommend using the rocks from the Asteroid pallet as cliffs with the snow terrain. In my opinion, they look much better than the Glacier rocks because they more closely resemble the gray rocky mountains in the background. Thirdly, and much to my dismay, projected terrain placed in or around the water on Alpine looks awful because it uses the grayish wet sand texture found on the beach and beneath the water. The good news is that now that Forge is being treated as a service, we should hopefully be able to look forward to new canvases being released in the future. And on that note, those planning on remaking desert themed maps might want to hold out until we get some sandy terrain to work with.
Yeah projected terrain is cool but also has it's downsides :/ It would be nice if we could see the image being projected and shift it around. Cause right now as far as I know terrain is useless above the water cause like you said it's just all muddy :L Controls are odd haha I work here and I'm still not used to them, but it is impressive how many actions they got tied to the controller.
Watching Ducain23's Twitch stream of H5 forge. New forge looks pretty cool! Apparently he'll be remaking Backwash and Terminal sometime in the future.
Much to my dismay, projected terrain placed in or around the water on Alpine looks awful because it uses the grayish wet sand texture found on the beach and beneath the water. The good news is that now that Forge is being treated as a service, we should hopefully be able to look forward to new canvases being released in the future. And on that note, those planning on remaking desert themed maps might want to hold out until we get some sandy terrain to work with.
Yeah projected terrain is cool but also has it's downsides :/ It would be nice if we could see the image being projected and shift it around. Cause right now as far as I know terrain is useless above the water cause like you said it's just all muddy :L Controls are odd haha I work here and I'm still not used to them, but it is impressive how many actions they got tied to the controller.
I wouldn't quite say it's useless actually. That terrain would be perfect for a Waterworks remake, since that map is essentially a giant moist cave.
Much to my dismay, projected terrain placed in or around the water on Alpine looks awful because it uses the grayish wet sand texture found on the beach and beneath the water. The good news is that now that Forge is being treated as a service, we should hopefully be able to look forward to new canvases being released in the future. And on that note, those planning on remaking desert themed maps might want to hold out until we get some sandy terrain to work with.
I wouldn't quite say it's useless actually. That terrain would be perfect for a Waterworks remake, since that map is essentially a giant moist cave.
but is there enough area above the water to make that? Or are you gonna do half the map and then get stuck with normal terrain because you aren't above water anymore? I think that's the sort of thing that makes in problematic

Also are we starting a H5 thread? or just continuing here? Did we come up with a name? What's our status on these things :P
Halo 5 thread will be up tomorrow night. Everyone take the time until then to get your feet wet with the new forge.
Edit:
Nevermind, we up now. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/92b5c5cfee994e7299608301a6b2eb11/topics/the-forge-remakes-thread-halo-5/50078ea9-8fe0-493e-b76e-3295da424fa9/posts
Does anybody forge on MCC anymore ? I wished 343 would put the best Halo 2 forge remakes in H2A playlist.

I would love to see a forge update in H2A as well, especially if they’re never gonna give us anymore remastered maps for H2A.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. ...
  6. 19