Forums / Community / Community Creations

Should I wait until Halo Infinate or use Halo 5?

OP JulesPhantom2

Hello All~
I am currently writing the main events for a Machinima and about to write the actual script with dialogue and all, but with Halo Infinates announcement and the lack of recent Machinima Productions, I am considering on having everything ready to start production with Halo Infinates Release. I'm completely torn and I wanna hear what you guys think. Should I use Halo 5 or Infinate for the machinima
The Synopsis of the series is that a team of former ODST troops, now Spartan 4s, drop into Rebel Territory to recover special ONI intel and quell the rebel forces so the UNSC can fully focus on the remaining Covenant corps and rising Forerunner forces.
That's the direction of the current project anyhow, but I might work on the pilot too, just to get my feet wet in the Halo Machinima field.
Please let me know what you guys think would be the wisest decision.
That's hard to say without knowing the exact release date of Infinite. I think it might be a good idea to wait for some kind of reveal that will show us what Halo Infinite will look like, in terms of art style. Then you can compare how 5 and Infinite will look and decide on whether Infinite looks good enough to be worth the wait.
I would say start with Halo 5. Something else to note is we don't 100% know we'll be playing as Spartan IV's in multiplayer again. While I'd say it's likely, if your plot is specific to that point you may want to start with Halo 5. That isn't to say you couldn't just say they are Spartan IV's in Halo Infinite, even if we are not playing as them.
Thank you guys for your input and I think that I'll go in the direction of Halo 5 and do what I can with that. I did finish writing the outline of the story and I have started with the actual script so now it's a matter of getting voice talent, body actors, and post-production crew too. Again, thanks everyone and I hope to have this project done before Halo Infinites release.
Hello All~
I am currently writing the main events for a Machinima and about to write the actual script with dialogue and all, but with Halo Infinates announcement and the lack of recent Machinima Productions, I am considering on having everything ready to start production with Halo Infinates Release. I'm completely torn and I wanna hear what you guys think. Should I use Halo 5 or Infinate for the machinima
The Synopsis of the series is that a team of former ODST troops, now Spartan 4s, drop into Rebel Territory to recover special ONI intel and quell the rebel forces so the UNSC can fully focus on the remaining Covenant corps and rising Forerunner forces.
That's the direction of the current project anyhow, but I might work on the pilot too, just to get my feet wet in the Halo Machinima field.
I might wait, part if the Infinite grapevine hints at AIs in forge which could only help your efforts I would think.

Cheers,
Brad
Note: I'm probably late to this, but I felt like I wanted to add something valuable to this discussion.

Personally, I think you should start working with Halo 5, since there's already so much material you can work with. For one, there's a lot of impressive maps people have made using Halo 5's Forge that could work as sets for your machinima. If you wait until Infinite's release, then it'll probably be some time before we'll see the same caliber of map quality in its customs browser (provided all features will be available at launch, we can only hope). Of course, if you're already good with map making or have a crew that can handle that stuff, then you shouldn't have to worry about finding good set pieces. But since it seems that you're starting in machinima filmmaking, I would say start as soon as you can so you'll gain experience and maybe learn new techniques along the way. I'm also starting to get into machinima by drafting a few story ideas of my own while looking for potential sets to use in future projects, so you're not alone in this.
Start with halo 5 it could still be anther year before we even get a release date.
If the idea is good and what you would do is doable in Halo 5, I would not wait any longer. You can always update your machinima once Halo Infinite arrives on the market.
Hello All~
you should use halo 5 because they released the release date a couple days ago and its coming out next year