2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 27
Anchor 9 is ready now and in my bookmarked files titled "Accursed 9". It supports all main game types, equipped with lights, decals, named zones, camera shots, sound effects, symmetrical spawns and more. This map is to scale with the original on the X's and Y's, but the Z's (up/down) were altered to sync with H5's jump height and clambering. This is a v1.0 and I plan on adding new game types as 343i releases them. My map was made under budget too, which is great for adding new stuff or making changes per feedback in the future. Objects: 609, Lightmap: 84%. Everything else is way under that.

Now my biggest concern while making this map in H5 is the fact that there aren't any trait zones to use for the outer space area like there were in MCC. I tried a hundred different ways to make use of man cannons and clambering to get it to work properly and finally settled on one. I like what I did, but I need feedback on it. I used strategically placed man cannons to get from platform to platform while using clambering to get up from the bottom. Watch the video and you'll see what I did there. I think it will create some interesting new gameplay. This map is not recommended for classic play, because of the clambering.

Since I built this map on the space canvas, lighting was an issue at first, but I believe I resolved it by carefully selecting just the right color palette for the job. I went with Beige for the walls and Grey [20%] for the floors and ceilings. Two light colors that don't look the same, but don't clash either.

I've made this map before in MCC, but decided to make it again in H5 since nobody else has really ever remade it before. It's a great map to commemorate too since it's the very last small/medium map released under Bungie for Halo.

https://youtu.be/W7w8mE6TSZA

GT: Larry Tanng
Just watched the vid, and it looks great!

I think what you did with the man cannons and clambering is a good idea and looks like it will fit in well on the map. I would stick with that at least until they add trait zones, if they do lol
xXBarthXx wrote:
Just watched the vid, and it looks great!

I think what you did with the man cannons and clambering is a good idea and looks like it will fit in well on the map. I would stick with that at least until they add trait zones, if they do lol
Thanks!

Funny thing about the name too, "Accursed 9", I was about halfway done with the map before I realized there weren't any trait zones. I told myself the map was doomed, cursed, accursed.. lol..
Hey Guys!

I know we don't all post on Forge Hub but if you do, or if you happen to grab maps from there we should try to give more ratings/reviews. I'm pretty bad about it too but I've been trying to go through and post reviews on maps I've downloaded and enjoyed! I don't know if any forge maps will make it into matchmaking but I feel like if 343 does decide to add maps they will probably look to places like Forgehub and other Forge communities, and by rating maps we can help get good maps to the top and hopefully 343 will notice them!
xXBarthXx wrote:
Zanzibar is still coming along nicely

Pic
Is that wheel scripted to move? It'd be cool if it was.
Dab1001 wrote:
xXBarthXx wrote:

Pic
Still trying :(

It's not as simple as it seems lol. I think there's a bug that keeps messing it up
xXBarthXx wrote:
Dab1001 wrote:
xXBarthXx wrote:

Pic

It's not as simple as it seems lol. I think there's a bug that keeps messing it up
Curious... Does this bug involve objects moving or rotating on their original/root rather than their center-of-mass? If so, that's like my biggest beef with this Forge. Everything should move on their center-of-mass by default all across the board in my opinion. Also, switching from original/root to center-of-mass doesn't show or reflect that change in the object properties (which I use the most), only when you're physically pointing at an object does it show the actual change.
Rat Race coming soon...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mu7ashi/screenshot/3795050
xXBarthXx wrote:
Dab1001 wrote:
xXBarthXx wrote:

Pic

Curious... Does this bug involve objects moving or rotating on their original/root rather than their center-of-mass? If so, that's like my biggest beef with this Forge. Everything should move on their center-of-mass by default all across the board in my opinion. Also, switching from original/root to center-of-mass doesn't show or reflect that change in the object properties (which I use the most), only when you're physically pointing at an object does it show the actual change.
If he's hitting the problem I was it's that applying movement scripts to welded objects causes them to come apart :(
Someone check to see if JD is okay. I think he died after seeing this.

https://youtu.be/uaRToTAJYsI
How about remakes of PvP maps from other games?
JDHarbs wrote:

Would you say he's Terminally ill?
Dab1001 wrote:
Finally got around to making a video walkthrough of Hazard Valley (Danger Canyon) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVNCCxtjsw Screenshots are also available on ForgeHub.

I'm currently open to suggestions for my next map. I'm in the mood for another BTB remake.
What about Timberland? I love that map.

By the way, I love Hazard Valley. Everything looks great. I have one suggestion though: near the Fuel Rod spawn, you could use the window pieces (Accents>Windows>Shielded) to recreate the holographic screens. Since they don't have rims, they'd work well, I think.
I really want to do Timberland! The only reason I haven't started remaking it yet is because I desperately want to include the creek that flows down the middle of the map, and currently there isn't a way to do it without the terrain looking like crap. (Don't know about everyone else, but it seriously bugs me how the Alpine terrain uses the wet sand texture when placed above water.) Right now I'm holding out hope and waiting to see whether 343 will give us water volumes or a new grassy terrain sheet before I remake maps that had water elements like Timberland and Paradiso. In the mean time, I'm considering doing my own remake of Sidewinder, since I'm not quite satisfied with the aesthetics of the one we already have, especially given the capabilities of this Forge. That being said, if it's within your Forging capability (and the budget), there's no reason you shouldn't try to make your remakes look the best they can!

Also, glad you're liking Hazard Valley! I really wish I could do more with it but I've hit the object limit and there isn't much more I can do to optimize the map.

JDHarbs wrote:

Its.................. GORGEOUS!!!
JDHarbs wrote:

Yup. Liwitoni disease. It's an Epidemic ;)

I'll let myself out.
xXBarthXx wrote:
Dab1001 wrote:
xXBarthXx wrote:

Pic

I'm running into a big to where no matter when I select the piece I want the wheel to rotate around, even if I select it first, it always end up as the last parent piece. And apparently script rotating only works if you rotate around parent object 1 :(

So I'm thinking about rebuilding the wheel to see if I can get rid of this glitch.
Can I put in a request for collosus from halo 2?
I've updated Accursed 9 (Anchor 9) to v1.2

All I did was change the color of all the glass in the map to Murky Green, which matches Anchor 9's glass color perfectly (at least on my TVs). It looks a lot clearer too and I also added window sills to the windows in the bases to further match the original.
Why has no one made a WaterWorks map?! It's literally the best BTB objective map ever and it's NEVER been remade by Bungie, 343, or Forgers! It must be too difficult for the community of forgers I'd bet? (reverse psychology voodoo
magik)

Seriously though, please.
NinjaHza wrote:
Why has no one made a WaterWorks map?! It's literally the best BTB objective map ever and it's NEVER been remade by Bungie, 343, or Forgers! It must be too difficult for the community of forgers I'd bet? (reverse psychology voodoo
magik)

It was made in MCC H2A by runNOKYARDrun. It was really good too.
NinjaHza wrote:
magik)

I know you're baiting me but part of me really wants to accept that challenge even though it will likely be a pain.
NinjaHza wrote:
magik)

I know you're baiting me but part of me really wants to accept that challenge even though it will likely be a pain.
All parts of me wants you to take the bait! I'd bet you could even make it so the rocks fall from the ceiling when shot and cause damage. I'm currently making an Ivory Tower remix, not nearly finished and having quite a time getting it completed or else I'd take a crack at it but I also know that Waterworks is currently beyond my skill level. At least for now. With all these beautiful maps being made I desperately want to see that old BTB friend.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 27