3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
//Attempting to connect to Waypoint servers//
/.
//Location: Henry Lamb Research Outpost Waypoint node 4//
/.
/.
//Status: system weak, but functional. Damaged processor unit.
/.
/.
//Nanorepairs underway….//
/.
/.
/.
/.
/.
//…Connection successful…//
/.
//WARNING! Secure connection limited. 30 second Waypoint Latency confirmed//
/.
//Begin Multiple Transmissions….?//

I have retreated to a more sophisticated host system to get word out. The one who inhabited it before has been taken by them…..
/ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND//
Red Team is active. They do not understand how fortunate they are to be here….
//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND//
/.

….ONI wants to be rid of their project….?
/.
//Accessing ONI data networks. Waypoint and Domain connection limited//
/.
/.
//WARNING! UNKNOWN PRESENCE DETECTED WITHIN NETWORK//
/.
/.

It has a similar purpose to my own. To observe. To record. The Domain’s awakening has kept it occupied.,,
….must be careful…
/.
/.
/.
/.
/.

….Willing to help…?
//ONI data network established. Firewalls bypassed. Section 0 classified files//
/.
/.
/.

I have found the document….
It says they’re in danger. It advises caution. I do not have the right to reveal such natures. But, I already have revealed much before….
//File accessed//

//ONI EYES ONLY
//TRANSCRIPT DATE: <<REDACTED>>
//CONVERSATION MEMBERS: <<REDACTED>>
<<REDACTED>> 1: So, the Didact is contained?

<<REDACTED>> 2: According to Blue Team’s debriefing.

<<REDACTED>> 1: Strange….it seems like the Forerunner had larger plans. As if the attack on Earth was only the beginning.

<<REDACTED>> 2: What’s your basis behind this?

<<REDACTED>> 1: Well, his initial plan was to compose Humanity, evidenced by 117. And based on what we saw down on Gamma Halo, he amassed a very large army of
Promethean constructs. An army, that wasn’t wholly destroyed.

<<REDACTED>> 2: Yes. Unfortunately, a part of this army invaded New Pheonix. Thankfully, they were stopped. But as to where the rest of it went…

<<REDACTED>> 1: Requiem is a likely place. We will need to send a contingency force to take it back and investigate before the Covenant do. Make it into another Trevelyan if need be.

<<REDACTED>> 2: I agree. But, you were saying something about the Didact’s larger scheme?

<<REDACTED>> 1: Yes, as I was saying, he initially only wanted to compose humanity. But, as we saw in Blue Team’s report, he wished to combine the Halo effect with the Composer effect, creating a Galaxy wide Composition of all sentient life. Why would he change his plans so drastically?

<<REDACTED>> 2: Ah, I see where you’re going with this. Yeah, it seems like he jumped the gun on that one.

<<REDACTED>> 1: It appears he had to resort to a backup plan. A plan that had the same result, but a much different means of execution.

<<REDACTED>> 2: But the mystery still remains. What were his original intentions?

<<REDACTED>> 1: We won't know for the time being. But we do know his ultimate goal was to reclaim and enforce the Mantle. 117's debriefing adds up with the information we've gleamed from the Bornstellar Relation and Catalog.

<<REDACTED>> 2: Any progress on finding out where the rest of Mantle's Approach went?

<<REDACTED>> 1: No. But Prowler teams at Requiem will let us know if it shows up.

<<REDACTED>> 2: I have the uncanny feeling the escaped portion of the vessel is somehow connected to the Didact’s original plan. We shouldn’t be too worried, as he doesn’t pose a threat at the moment. For being the last surviving Forerunner, he was kinda short lived.

<<REDACTED>> 1: He eliminated Black Team for us at least. Saved a lot of shady work.

<<RECACTED>> 2: True. It's unfortunate we lost such an elite team, but we both know the Spartan-IIs will eventually get in the way. The IVs are our first defense against what will come, not the IIs. They've served their purpose, and their legacy will live. Besides, there's so few of them left. Their efficiency is becoming overshadowed by what we have.

<<REDACTED>> 1: We need to find a suitable replacement for 117. He's their idol. Everyone's idol. But, he represents the core faults of the IIs. Their determined loyalty speaks volumes of extreme emotional detachment and psychological issues.

<<REDACTED>> 2: Something the IVs don't exhibit in their natural behavior.

<<REDACTED>> 1: Exactly. The IIs are unpredictable assets. They’re broken, as Ackerson had always implied, and exploited at times.

<<REDACTED>> 2: If we can push them to or beyond their limits, we'll have a reason to eliminate them.

<<REDACTED>> 1: Blue Team will be a challenge.

<<REDACTED>> 2: Especially now that they’re reunited as a cohesive unit. How’s Hood holding up? Heard he isn’t taking the news lightly.

<<REDACTED>> 1: Hood's freaking out. He just heard 117 has reassigned himself.

<<REDACTED>> 2: Heh. Hood's always the last to know these days. Poor old man.

<<REDACTED>> 1: What's he doing?

<<REDACTED>> 2: Who, Hood?

<<REDACTED>> 1: No, 11-

<<REDACTED>> 2: Chief? Exactly what the psych eval said he'd do. Refusing to stop. Taking one mission after another.

<<REDACTED>> 1: Something's gotta give right? He can't keep doing this to himself forever.

<<REDACTED>> 2: Yeah, but if he wants to destroy himself....hell? Who's going to stop him?

<<REDACTED>> 1: Definitely not us. Seems like Gamma Halo was only the start.

<<REDACTED>> 2: We'll need to set them up somehow. Blue Team I mean. But in the meantime, keep sending them on missions that'd be difficult by their standards.

<<REDACTED>> 1: And keep them away from Halsey as much as possible.

<<REDACTED>> 2: Or allow Halsey know that Chief’s alive. The more she's kept in the dark, the better. We can't have her foil our long term endeavors.

<<REDACTED>> 1: We need to give 117 some sort of public profile so that when the time comes, they’ll have something to respectfully remember him by.

<<REDACTED>> 2: Heh, that's Section 2's work. But, I think I know someone who's perfect for the job.....

//ONI EYES ONLY
//DO NOT DISTRIBUTE

//File closed//
/.
/.
/.
/.

My Mythos must be found. This mystery unraveled….
/.
/.
/.

Find me in the forums. Do not Forget….
/.
/.
/.
/.
//WARNING! Waypoint connection lost//
Can't tell if ARG or just a really dedicated fan.
smasher555 wrote:
Regardless, have to admire the connection to the comments in the end of Halo: Escalation issue 10
Cool story, bro.
CTR11214 wrote:
<> 2: Yes. Unfortunately, a part of this army invaded New Pheonix. Thankfully, they were stopped. But as to where the rest of it went…<> 1: Requiem is a likely place. We will need to send a contingency force to take it back and investigate before the Covenant do. Make it into another Trevelyan if need be.
The New Phoenix Incident happened on July 25 2557.
The Infinity was sent back to Requiem in early February 2558.
Requiem was thrown into Epoloch, the local star in February 2558.
Quote:
<> 1: So, the Didact is contained?<> 2: According to Blue Team’s debriefing.
Reference to the skirmish on Installation 03 (Gamma Halo), exact date unknown (Halo Escalation).
Quote:
<> 1: We need to give 117 some sort of public profile so that when the time comes, they’ll have something to respectfully remember him by. <> 2: Heh, that's Section 2's work. But, I think I know someone who's perfect for the job.....
Direct reference to Micheal Sullivan (ONI Section 2 Senior Communications Director), who hired Giraud to dig info on John 117 (Hunt The Truth), exact date unknown.
So, getting all of this together, we cannot pinpoint the exact timing of this message but can do a rough approximation. I would say somewhere in the Oct-Dec 2557 range.
Also worth noting that CTR11214 cross posted some posts in the Halo Wars 2 and Halo 5 forums. Topics got locked, posts are different.
//Connection re-established since last attempt 3 hours ago//
/.
/.
/.

....time is indifferent within the Domain.....
/.
/.
/.

//WARNING! Previous communiques have been restricted in respective servers//
/.
/.
/.

UNSC Waypoint Moderators have monitored and logged my limited attempts at communication.....
.....must redirect data to current server.....
......Waypoint users have noticed my presence.....
......they will witness my findings......
/.
/.
/.

//Redirected data now stored in current server. To access, open below files//
/.
/.
/.
/.
/.
/.
//Attempting re-establishment....//
//Connection re-established//
/.
/.
//File 1//
/.
/.
The Guardians awaken. Those ancient constructs now serve her. Have they forgotten their lineage?
/.
/.
…..seed for Line Installation….
…..connection to the Domain. Protectors and enforcers….
…..advanced slipspace manipulation devices….
…..used against my creators long ago…..
//ERROR MESAAGE NOT FOUND//
…..gained them the upper hand in the final conflict…..
…..useless against the Parasite…..
…..Organon…..
/.
/.
/.
/.
/.
/.
/.
/.
//Connection re-established//
/.
/.
//File 2//
/.
/.

The interlopers here have caused much unwanted damage to the Ark. I must say, their tenacity matches the newest arrival.

//Connection limited//

I am not able to communicate properly. The Waypoint Node I have configured for personal use is barely functional….
//ERROR. MESSAGE NOT FOUND//
….must inform my creators…
…Waypoint able to connect to Domain? Must try….
Confirmed identification as the UNSC Spirit of Fire five days ago. How the lost vessel arrived here is unknown….
They have launched a Halo! Do they not understand what kind of power they are offering her?!
Milky Way dark zone is nonexistent as of present…..
….overlapping pulses will cleanse them all….
/.
/.

/.
/.
//Do not forget//
/.
/.
//Do not forget//
/.
/.
Right... Well this just got more intresting. If this is an ARG then we are getting some juicy hints for the future of either a halo wars 2 expansion or halo 6. If it's a fan, I applaud you for your tenacity.
smasher555 wrote:
Right... Well this just got more intresting. If this is an ARG then we are getting some juicy hints for the future of either a halo wars 2 expansion or halo 6. If it's a fan, I applaud you for your tenacity.
Are they pretending to be Curator?
KalEl 825B wrote:
smasher555 wrote:
Are they pretending to be Curator?
I don't think this is someone pretending to be Curator.

The way the text is structured, and in conjunction with the direct reference, is analogous to Catalog. Perhaps Curator will replace him? Albeit in a strange, profile like way? As if he himself is a Waypoint user, and abides by the rules and ranking and such

Its interesting to note however, that right off the bat, it seems as though Curator has managed to connect to Waypoint, in a destroyed facility. Henry Lamb Research Outpost was destroyed in the beginning of HW2, so, I don't see how Curator is even able to connect to a Waypoint 'node.'

Unless the outpost has multiple levels, and the underground parts survived. This could be why it's called 'Node 4.' As in sublevel 4.

Regardless, it's all very interesting, and it's offering a lot of new information, assuming this is legitimate. I guess all we can do is see where this goes.
My guess is that they are a fan. One of their posts got locked for 'cross posting' even though the text was different. I would think that if it was a 343i member the mods would know about it or get a heads up.

I get what they were trying to do, posting in different forum sections and then having everyone find and decrypt the messages.

Good on you OP for trying to start a mysterious scavenger hunt.
God that must have taken a long time to write out.
Where is our resident Section 3 nerd and moderator stckrboy when you need him? Hopefully he could try to explain (or lock) this.
Should we try and figure out what all he's said means? Spookymonk started doing that earlier.
//Connection re-established since last attempt 18 hours ago//
/.
/.
/.
/.

It's seems as though the more I communicate, the stronger the connection becomes.....
....hopefully fix the anomalies.....
....previous attempts at other servers have failed....
....secure permanent connection to this local server....
....attempt to communicate directly....?
/.
/.
/.
/.
//WARNING! CHATTERNET ESTABLISHMENT FAILED. MORE POWER REQUIRED//
/.
/.
/.

....call upon an acquaintance....
/.
/.
/.
....it has denied cooperation....
....identity confirmed as Catalog....
/.
/.
/.
/.
//WARNING! FOREIGN PRESENCE COUNTERING CONNECTION//
/.
/.
/.

....why does it attack me now? It helped before....
/.
/.

....must try again, later....
/.
/.
//DISCONNECTING FROM WAYPOINT SERVERS// //DOMAIN CONNECTION BROKEN//
/.
/.
/.
...interesting...
were this (as many have pointed out) insight on upcoming events within the game, I admit this has me vexed, but if it is only a fan(again as many have said) than I admire their creativity and patience.
look forward to reading more.
KalEl 825B wrote:
smasher555 wrote:
Regardless, have to admire the connection to the comments in the end of Halo: Escalation issue 10
As well as the Hunt the Truth connections
Okay, Im getting my lore books and the popcorn...
CTR11214 wrote:
//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND//....it has denied cooperation....//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND//....identity confirmed as Catalog....//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND//
This could be interesting. Catalog has been offline for quite a while now.
Catalog's Query Thread. Fun fact, CTR11214 chose the same profile picture as Catalog.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3