Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Community Creations

What the Halo community needs - end the drought

OP Henry Gerold

Hey guys,

Before I start discussing this topic, I want to give all the credit to Sean W for thinking of this idea. Many of you probably know him. I will put a link down below if you want to see his video on this.

Personally, I love what 343i is doing to Infinite rather that be the music or the gameplay itself, but they don’t have the best crowd control. There will be major rumors starting to leak true or false information, and people trying to gather what little information they can through toys. The Inside Infinite update definitely ended the content drought, but i feel like it is coming back again.

What Needs to be Done
343i needs to have some sort of Content Calendar. What I mean by this is that they give us dates (or approximate dates e.x beginning to mid March) for us to expect new updates or news on Infinite. Even if they say we are still working on it we will get you an update around mid February or beginning of March I feel like that could help both content creators and the community. But leaving us in the dark just isn’t helping the situation. In the Inside Infinite update they all said “See you in the new year” or hinted about some more news sometime January but it’s the middle of January and everyone is just guessing when we are going to get news. This Content Calendar is definitely what content creators and the community need to understand when some more news will drop (even if it’s just a simple text saying “hey we’re working on things we won’t have an update for a couple weeks” etc.

Let me know what you guys think on this, and try to get 343’s attention to this subject.

All credit to Sean W: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DJvHBPVkwaI
I agree with you 100%! I’m always checking waypoint for any new article for updates on Infinite. I hope someone at 343 sees this and actually does something about this ASAP
I would also like for them and the end of each update they give us to tell us approximately or exactly when the next update should be
I would also like for them and the end of each update they give us to tell us approximately or exactly when the next update should be
That would be awesome if they did - good idea
Gotta love how one month after a big content dump is considered a "drought"

That point aside, I wouldn't be surprised if we do see more regular development updates on Infinite going forward this year similar to MCC. I guess we'll see later this month.
I'm gonna provide a quote from Carroll Shelby said in the fantastic film Ford vs Ferrari: "you can't win a race by committee"

The reason I provide this quote is because I don't like the idea of us being the committee that 343 is required to report to about every little thing they are doing. Granted, I agree with many peoples' frustrations that we have seen very little content over the course of the past five or so years compared to what many of us feel we are used to. We've gotten an engine demo, a trailer, and a game play demo, but that's about it in terms of marketing. Development updates are great for us obsessive fans, but the casual player doesn't care about any of that.

Despite all those misgivings I have about how 343 has handled the marketing of Infinite, I still would prefer we allow them the space to get to work rather than requiring monthly or weekly reports like we're they're floor manager at a widget factory.
First off: Easy Link to the YouTube Video for those that want that.

Second: I agree to an extent. But it is hard to get a road map out there with Covid going on. Sorry. But there is not much the company can do in regards to a roadmap. Not this far from release. There are too many unknowns. For all we know, the game could be delayed further. And giving a roadmap tends to blow some of the hype away. When we get official news out of the blue it produces more hype than if we were expecting news. Even if we had no idea what scale the news was. I would get more excited if something like a new demo came out next week unannounced than if Xbox announced "We have exciting Halo News to share next week." But didn't say it was a demo then showed it off. We expected something. So, the hype dies out somewhat.

My official opinion: No roadmaps. Make everything spontaneous.
Toy Fair being cancelled this year is not helping things. Granted, I'm much more interested in the merchandise.
The Inside Infinite update definitely ended the content drought, but i feel like it is coming back again.

I understand what you’re saying in your post and the point Sean W is trying to make but it has literally only just passed 1 month since the Inside Infinite article released (posted 8th Dec 2020 - as of writing this it is the 14th January 2021).

Unyshek from 343i tweeted the team got back to work on January 5th 2021 - not even 10 days ago.
If we look at the time that the team at 343i probably went on holiday break to when they’ve gotten back to work they’ve made had 3 weeks max to make adjustments since the Inside Infinite update.

Not to disregard everything you’re saying but I feel like there’s a real lack of patience in the community, we all want to see Infinite but we also need to give them time to work on the game before they can give us an update on the progress.

We’ll get more regular updates on the game than we had in 2020 that’s for certain. We just all need to wait a minute.

TLDR; The inside Infinite post wasn’t that long ago, it’s also been the holiday break. Let them work on the game before they give us another update...
I agree 100%
TheDonCJG wrote:
The Inside Infinite update definitely ended the content drought, but i feel like it is coming back again.

I understand what you’re saying in your post and the point Sean W is trying to make but it has literally only just passed 1 month since the Inside Infinite article released (posted 8th Dec 2020 - as of writing this it is the 14th January 2021).

Unyshek from 343i tweeted the team got back to work on January 5th 2021 - not even 10 days ago.
If we look at the time that the team at 343i probably went on holiday break to when they’ve gotten back to work they’ve made had 3 weeks max to make adjustments since the Inside Infinite update.

Not to disregard everything you’re saying but I feel like there’s a real lack of patience in the community, we all want to see Infinite but we also need to give them time to work on the game before they can give use an update on the progress.

We’ll get more regular updates on the game than we had in 2020 that’s for certain. We just all need to wait a minute.

TLDR; The inside Infinite post wasn’t that long ago, it’s also been the holiday break. Let them work on the game before they give us another update...
Speak for yourself, I for one, want an update on the meals and fun the 343 team had over Christmas. I'm sure that is also what OP wants.

All jokes aside though, I agree, not a lot can be done in one month and I doubt there would be much content to talk about so soon.
I'm sure 343 is hard at work right now preparing more news and finishing the game, as well as making sure Multiplayer is in good enough a state to push out flighting soon. I say let them gear up for another, proper update. Until then, I think we as the community can help end this content drought by supporting the writers, artists, streamers and content creators in our community. Let's get some fanart or renders of some Halo Infinite Spartans, let's work together and make something cool or support the people that do. Let's watch the streams that 343 employees put out every once in a while. All while we wait for flighting and a better look at the multiplayer. I'm sure they have everything planned out for us.
I just need one real info drop. If the campaign didn’t looks unpolished that would of been enough for me. Needles to say I’m still excited to play a new Halo game. Hopefully it’s has some great longevity