Forums / Community / Community Creations

Write a microstory!

OP HD Simplicityy

Take three words and write a microstory set anywhere in the Halo universe. For those that don't know, a microstory is a short story usually written in 300 words or less, perhaps with a little bit more. Here's the first prompt: Jerome, chocolate, Sydney (Australia). I'll change it up or ask for suggestion after a time. However, if you want you can choose your own three words, or three items, objects, people or places. Have fun!

Edit: I just realized its best for this to be somewhere more appropriate, like in Fan made content. *facepalm*

mod edit: moved to Community Creations
I love this idea. Challenge accepted.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Never done this before...
(prompt: Jerome, chocolate, Sydney)
--------------------------------------------------
Alice in Candyland

Jerome was lying in his bunk one day, his neck awkwardly crimped against the bulkhead. Douglas was shaving at a sink that was too low for him. If only the Spirit of Fire had real accommodations for their massive bodies. Alice was cleaning her assault rifle while pulverizing some dark substance between her teeth.

Jerome looked over at her, “What the hell is that sludge?” He saw the lubricating oil lying next to her on the ground and thought she might have lost her mind.

Alice shrugged, “Relax, Jerome.” She rolled her eyes as she absentmindedly slid a microfiber cloth through the barrel of her rifle, “Some ODST on a dare or on some stims was hitting on me and thought he could win me over with a bit of chocolate.”

Douglas wiped off his face and grinned, “How many suitors is that so far?”

Alice grinned back, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Alice contorted her face suddenly, “I think this chocolate went bad though. Taste is all wrong.”

Jerome sat up and held out his hand, gesturing for Alice to toss over what remained of the candy bar. She underhanded it to him without comment. Jerome then examined the wrapper to see “Dehydrated Vegemite” written in bubbly, multicolored letters underneath a tiny flap that had “Sydney Chocolate Company” scrawled on top.

He then tossed it to Douglas, who let out a hearty laugh.

“What are you two giggling about?” with a click and a snap, Alice had her rifle put back together and clean as a whistle. The noise of the weapon coming back into place assisted her in adding some finality to the question.

Jerome leaned back again, crimping his neck once more, “When you find that ODST, try not to hurt him too badly.”
Hope whoever read this enjoyed it! Really fun idea OP
Never done this before...
(prompt: Jerome, chocolate, Sydney)
Alice in Candyland

Jerome was lying in his bunk one day, his neck awkwardly crimped against the bulkhead. Douglas was shaving at a sink that was too low for him. If only the Spirit of Fire had real accommodations for their massive bodies. Alice was cleaning her assault rifle while pulverizing some dark substance between her teeth.

Jerome looked over at her, “What the hell is that sludge?” He saw the lubricating oil lying next to her on the ground and thought she might have lost her mind.

Alice shrugged, “Relax, Jerome.” She rolled her eyes as she absentmindedly slid a microfiber cloth through the barrel of her rifle, “Some ODST on a dare or on some stims was hitting on me and thought he could win me over with a bit of chocolate.”

Douglas wiped off his face and grinned, “How many suitors is that so far?”

Alice grinned back, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Alice contorted her face suddenly, “I think this chocolate went bad though. Taste is all wrong.”

Jerome sat up and held out his hand, gesturing for Alice to toss over what remained of the candy bar. She underhanded it to him without comment. Jerome then examined the wrapper to see “Dehydrated Vegemite” written in bubbly, multicolored letters underneath a tiny flap that had “Sydney Chocolate Company” scrawled on top.

He then tossed it to Douglas, who let out a hearty laugh.

“What are you two giggling about?” with a click and a snap, Alice had her rifle put back together and clean as a whistle. The noise of the weapon coming back into place assisted her in adding some finality to the question.

Jerome leaned back again, crimping his neck once more, “When you find that ODST, try not to hurt him too badly.”
Hope whoever read this enjoyed it! Really fun idea OP
lol this is pretty good.