Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

Can you tell if it will link before you play?

OP LethalQ

So I got to play some Fireteam Raven today. It was pretty fun and I played it all the way through. But thought I would ask has any one successfully linked their gsme to waypoint? If so how? Can you tell if it will link before hand? Where you are supposed to scan on the machine I played on never lit up nor does it ever ask or promt or anything to scan.... So how did it work for you?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Eso mismo me pregunto yo... :/

This post has been hidden.

Took forever for a response and it's in Spanish 🤔
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I played the game Saturday and have no clue if my Gamertag linked or not.

EDIT: obviously, you can check your Service Record after you play to see if the game linked or not.
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I played the game Saturday and have no clue if my Gamertag linked or not.

EDIT: obviously, you can check your Service Record after you play to see if the game linked or not.
Pretty sure mine didn't link as there is nothing on my service record and it's like five days since I placed. But I am pretty sure it didn't link. I am almost willing to bet the majority of the machines out there aren't hooked to the internet so it probably won't work for most of us.
Honestly, your best bet is to actually specifically speak to the General Manager or head Tech person at whichever arcade you are planning to visit.
I have had significant issues with this, and it isn't always easy to get a straight answer.

Check out this thread where I did a lot of trial and error, and research and communication with all levels of the game development.

DM me if you need any help after reading through there.
As far as I know, the first indication is if the area where you would place your phone face down to scan your code has the lights working.

Generally, if it isn't lit up it won't work. But just because it lights up does not mean it will work.

Secondly, I don't think you can scan in before putting in any credits...
However, if you put in your credits, you don't have to start a mission right away - there is a bit of time where you can scan your code before even selecting a a mission, or campaign mode.

The arcade owner needs to connect the cabinet to the internet. They also need to subscribe to Play Mechanic / Raw Thrills service called Coinup. It is free, but the arcade owner needs to make an account and connect it.
Once connected, the game needs a patch from its original release - the code at launch had issues with the linking.
Finally, the actual cables need to be set up properly to the phone scanners. I have played sitting in player 4 and received stats for a different player.

Hope this helps.

You'll know it works because you will see a little welcome message. Also your gamer tag should be displayed on the top of the screen during gameplay. And the PGCR will have your gamertag at the end of each mission.
AshamanND wrote:
As far as I know, the first indication is if the area where you would place your phone face down to scan your code has the lights working.

Generally, if it isn't lit up it won't work. But just because it lights up does not mean it will work.

Secondly, I don't think you can scan in before putting in any credits...
However, if you put in your credits, you don't have to start a mission right away - there is a bit of time where you can scan your code before even selecting a a mission, or campaign mode.

The arcade owner needs to connect the cabinet to the internet. They also need to subscribe to Play Mechanic / Raw Thrills service called Coinup. It is free, but the arcade owner needs to make an account and connect it.
Once connected, the game needs a patch from its original release - the code at launch had issues with the linking.
Finally, the actual cables need to be set up properly to the phone scanners. I have played sitting in player 4 and received stats for a different player.

Hope this helps.

You'll know it works because you will see a little welcome message. Also your gamer tag should be displayed on the top of the screen during gameplay. And the PGCR will have your gamertag at the end of each mission.
Yeah safe bet most locations aren't going to go through all that for this game. If I lived closer or knew I would be going back to a Dave and Buster's I would consider asking but I know odds are I probably won't be playing this game again.
Well that sucks.

and is something to note for the devs - they need to push support for this much more if they want repeat business from Halo fans.

most people will only play once - the only incentive to play more times is if you can track stats and have it completed with all 4 characters. Sadly this isn't always possible, depending on the location.

I am lucky enough that after several months and arcade about 1 hour from my home got it. I was able to be on the phone with them over a few weeks before visiting basically training them how to hook it up. I've been there once already and plan to go back over Christmas.
Yeh it's not very clear. Tried it today for 1st time, I think it generated a code but have no clue if it worked but I think there's an 8 hour delay to see if it actually worked.
ronnie42 wrote:
Yeh it's not very clear. Tried it today for 1st time, I think it generated a code but have no clue if it worked but I think there's an 8 hour delay to see if it actually worked.
You generate your code here, on waypoint, first - before you go to play.

The 8 hour delay is really "up to 8 hours"
I've had play sessions that uploaded in less than 5 minutes.

It all comes down to if the arcade owner has connected the cabinet to the internet, activated an account with CoinUp, and the user (us) scans their PRE-generated QR code.
AshamanND wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

It all comes down to if the arcade owner has connected the cabinet to the internet, activated an account with CoinUp, and the user (us) scans their PRE-generated QR code.
Yeh I figured it would. Its just the way it linked it seemed odd since was expecting my camera to show up to try highlight it but it did seen to link to something. I believe there was QR codes next to the guns but it didn't make much sense to me but I think it linked to it.
ronnie42 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Yeh I figured it would. Its just the way it linked it seemed odd since was expecting my camera to show up to try highlight it but it did seen to link to something. I believe there was QR codes next to the guns but it didn't make much sense to me but I think it linked to it.
I think you might be misunderstanding.

You do not use a QR code that is on the cabinet. You do not take a picture with your phone of any QR code that is already there.

You need to go to your service record here on Halowaypoint, and click the drop down menu for Fireteam raven.
There, you generate your very own, unique QR code.

Then, you load up waypoint on your phone and goto your service record once again. Bring up the image of that newly generated QR code on your phone screen.
Place your phone screen face down with the image facing the scanner that is on the cabinet next to your gun (there are 4 scanners).

The cabinet reads your code, not the other way around.

Hope this helps.
AshamanND wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

I think you might be misunderstanding.

You do not use a QR code that is on the cabinet. You do not take a picture with your phone of any QR code that is already there.

You need to go to your service record here on Halowaypoint, and click the drop down menu for Fireteam raven.
There, you generate your very own, unique QR code.

Then, you load up waypoint on your phone and goto your service record once again. Bring up the image of that newly generated QR code on your phone screen.
Place your phone screen face down with the image facing the scanner that is on the cabinet next to your gun (there are 4 scanners).

The cabinet reads your code, not the other way around.

Hope this helps.
Thats odd. I don't recall seeing a scanner on the cabinet. I guess I'll have to look again next time I go.
It is a phone sized rectangle with glass, with a border that lights up.
And there is one for each seat.