Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

DOES IT LIVE UP TO THE FLOOD NOVEL?

OP CUBEBOX7

I was wondering as a fan who has read the book "The Flood" does the Fireteam Raven take full advantage of its incredible set peace lore wise?
(yeah I haven't played to game to clarify)
No not really.
Spoiler:
Show
It features some prominent characters and locations from The Flood, but since it’s an arcade rail shooter, the focus is on the gameplay above all else.
It features some prominent characters and locations from The Flood, but since it’s an arcade rail shooter, the focus is on the gameplay above all else.
No not really.
Agree with both.

Don't think it does a disservice to the book though
In my personal opinion, no. still great tho
MorseyBaby wrote:
No not really.
Agree with both.

Don't think it does a disservice to the book though
Thanks for your insights :) Where is your profile armor from btw?
From what I've seen, it's a loose adaptation. I haven't finished the game, but having read the book I can tell the game was definitely made by someone who made the book. As said above, the gameplay does take priority.
Well it is a spin-off game which puts it above the books in terms of canon but below the games.
I never considered the books to be the ultimate authority on canon for anything in place of the games simply because they don't match the canon of the games. The Fall of Reach had many inconsistencies with the start of the Halo campaign.

So the tiers of halo canon from highest authority to lowest.
  1. Halo Games (Halo CE, Halo 2 & 3, ODST, Reach, H4 and H5)
  2. Spin-off Games (Halo Wars, Spartan Assault)
  3. Halo Waypoint media content (Midnight on Midlothia, Halo Legends)
  4. Books and Comics (Fall of Reach, Uprising).