Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

Fireteam Raven: Console Edition

OP x N7 117 x

Remember the days of the PlayStation, Time Crisis, and light guns? I am just curious as to how many in the community would buy a console edition of Fireteam Raven.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Remember the days of the PlayStation, Time Crisis, and light guns? I am just curious as to how many in the community would buy a console edition of Fireteam Raven.
Meh. Would I buy it? Sure, I buy everything else Halo related. Do I want it? Not really. Leave it for the one time a year I go bowling.
I'd buy it if it was a thing. Other people? I don't think so. I think that a console edition wouldn't succeed well.
x N7 117 x wrote:
It would probably play like Time Splitters 2 or something. Would be a lot of fun, especially as a party game with friends. If it was under $10 I'd buy it. Although if they did release it, it'd probably be like $3-5 I'm sure. Halo: Spartan Assault & Strike are like $3 each, or 5 together. Raven is even shorter than them too I believe. Also some people would buy it exclusively for the badge on Waypoint I'm sure.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Considering the way the RE series did the UMBRELLA and DARKSIDE CHRONICLES, I can see a similar thing being done for this as an XBOX Arcade title.
I also don't think it would do well on console, bit I would still buy and play it.
DG TKO157 wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Considering the way the RE series did the UMBRELLA and DARKSIDE CHRONICLES, I can see a similar thing being done for this as an XBOX Arcade title.
Neither of those games ever made it to the Xbox family because no console supports a zapper accessory. Even dead space had an arcade style on rails shooter that was a wii and PlayStation 3 exclusive. Theses types of games never find their way to Xbox unless Microsoft supports a new peripheral which I highly doubt.
x N7 117 x wrote:
I would buy it
But how? You just literally point your gun, hold your trigger, and wait for enemies to precisely walk into your line of fire. It's fun playing it with people in an arcade. On a console at home? Nah, too boring.

Now if they take the story but make a proper singleplayer campaign with co-op support out of it...that'll be intriguing. But that's pretty much making a game from scratch, so not gonna happen. One can dream, though.
I have yet to play Fireteam Raven, simply because I haven't been to a D&B yet to play it. I'd definitely enjoy a console version for the simple ability to play through the story without having to make the trip.
SierraNGZK46, that is why I mentioned at the beginning Time Crisis and the light guns. The console edition could ship with a magnum light gun, or something similar, which you plug via USB into your Xbox One console (or sync up wirelessly like the guitars from Guitar Hero).
x N7 117 x wrote:
SierraNGZK46, that is why I mentioned at the beginning Time Crisis and the light guns. The console edition could ship with a magnum light gun, or something similar, which you plug via USB into your Xbox One console (or sync up wirelessly like the guitars from Guitar Hero).
Ah, I nevered player any games requiring specialized controllers so I just checked them out. That's interesting, though if they went this route I'd prefer the AR or plasma pistol over the magnum as the controller. They would look more unique as light guns than the magnum, not to mention they can display your ammo status for further immersion. That would be really cool.
I could see it possibly happening. Xbox One got a rail shooter called Blue Estate. So if a lot of people request this it could come to Xbox One and to future Xbox systems.
I would buy it if it came to console.
I have yet to play Fireteam Raven, simply because I haven't been to a D&B yet to play it. I'd definitely enjoy a console version for the simple ability to play through the story without having to make the trip.
And it makes even more sense now with covid-19. Packed party places where everyone is touching stuff is now frowned upon and dangerous. Some areas have fines for having large gatherings.

Also mega blocks has hero figures of the odst characters from raven. Porting it might help other recongize the characters and toys.
x N7 117 x wrote:
I would certainly enjoy a console or pc port of Fireteam Raven, even if they didn't come with light guns and used the analog sticks on the controllers!