Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

Fireteam Raven! Spoilers!

OP JG Graffiti

So as a long time Halo fan I had to play this new Halo Arcade Cabinet. While playing I’m absolutely beaming with happiness and just giddy playing the game then all of a sudden... Master Chief shows up and tears up this flood juggernaut and I straight up fangirled. So I just wanted to share that if you like Halo, and you get the chance to play this, play it. It’s dope. 10/10 recommend.
So as a long time Halo fan I had to play this new Halo Arcade Cabinet. While playing I’m absolutely beaming with happiness and just giddy playing the game then all of a sudden... Master Chief shows up and tears up this flood juggernaut and I straight up fangirled. So I just wanted to share that if you like Halo, and you get the chance to play this, play it. It’s dope. 10/10 recommend.
Spoiler alert for people who have not played the game yet don't you think? Disclaimer i'm not talking about myself.
Remember to put SPOILER in the title OP.
I liked each of the Master Chief cameos. Though the one OP mentioned was a bit more lore-breaking in my honest opinion, though it was still awesome to watch!
I liked each of the Master Chief cameos. Though the one OP mentioned was a bit more lore-breaking in my honest opinion, though it was still awesome to watch!
Your lore-breaking comment got me thinking. Is Fireteam Raven canon? I didn't think there were any ODSTs present on Alpha Halo. Of course they weren't in the game, but I don't recall them in the novelization either.
JB Linken wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Your lore-breaking comment got me thinking. Is Fireteam Raven canon? I didn't think there were any ODSTs present on Alpha Halo. Of course they weren't in the game, but I don't recall them in the novelization either.
343 has said Fireteam Raven is canon. ODSTs were in the novelization “The Flood” they were just descirbed as being Marines with basically an ODST patch on their combat fatigues to distinguish them from the other Marines. I don’t believe ODSTs truly got their iconic armor until Halo 2 was made. Of course, with all the new material that’s come out since “The Flood” and Halo 2, ODSTs have been described as wearing their iconic armor from the start of the Human-Covenant War.
JB Linken wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
343 has said Fireteam Raven is canon. ODSTs were in the novelization “The Flood” they were just descirbed as being Marines with basically an ODST patch on their combat fatigues to distinguish them from the other Marines. I don’t believe ODSTs truly got their iconic armor until Halo 2 was made. Of course, with all the new material that’s come out since “The Flood” and Halo 2, ODSTs have been described as wearing their iconic armor from the start of the Human-Covenant War.
I see! Thanks for the refresher. It has been many, many years since I read The Flood so I definitely forgot that part.