Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

Flood Juggernaut

OP bluep0inter

Was playing FTR again last night and noticed how similar the Juggernaut’s design is to the H2A Flood forms. Is it possible that the model actually is the Anniversary remake of the original Juggernaut from H2? Players have no way of seeing it in-game since it’s a cut feature, but then again so is A Day at the Beach and that was remade as well.
Well... The Juggernaut was supposed to be in H2, it was cut. So maybe they took the existing files from H2 and updated them? Best guess I got.
speedyjr11 wrote:
Well... The Juggernaut was supposed to be in H2, it was cut. So maybe they took the existing files from H2 and updated them? Best guess I got.
Yea that was my guess too.
Notice the Flood Juggernaut seen in Halo: Fireteam Raven is exactly the same as the Halo 2 version except that it has lighter color and upgraded model. It also now finally has a death animation once and for all after a long time of not having it from what I remember noticing.
speedyjr11 wrote:
seems like a solid guess to me!
The people who remastered H2 did remaster an E3 cutscene that never appeared in game so it's a possibility.
The people who remastered H2 did remaster an E3 cutscene that never appeared in game so it's a possibility.
Model must also have been useful for the HW2 juggernaut in the Blur cutscene
MorseyBaby wrote:
True. My guess was lots of old assets were remastered for future use just like Morsey says about the flood juggernaut being included in HW2. It's not completely odd to assume that lots of scrapped material from older games was remastered at some point for maybe inclusion in HW3, infinite or even future remastered games or new halo game. All just speculation though.
MorseyBaby wrote:
True. My guess was lots of old assets were remastered for future use just like Morsey says about the flood juggernaut being included in HW2. It's not completely odd to assume that lots of scrapped material from older games was remastered at some point for maybe inclusion in HW3, infinite or even future remastered games or new halo game. All just speculation though.
Waste not want not, eh. No point 343 reinventing wheels
MorseyBaby wrote:
Exactly what I thought. Heck, maybe they even threw it in to surprise modders in the future (people tried to see if CEA remastered the scrapped Engineers from CE, so perhaps Saber took note of that). Either way, it’s cool to see it used with a more H2A-esque style.
He is huge about the size of a building and if not then bigger.
How do you set up