Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

Halo: Fireteam Raven Was Amazing

OP SmallestPond888

Just today, I went to a Dave & Buster and played Halo: Fireteam Raven. It was really fun and I really enjoyed it. It took a while to get used to because certain Halo tropes (shooting a Jackal's hand to have it reel in pain, stuff like that) did not take place in this game. The set pieces were really cool and pretty much every level felt large scale. A certain Halo reach BtB map is featured.

The story was nothing special and it did not need to be. No character development from anyone in the fireteam. Some members don't even say anything, even though in Halo games in the past, that doesn't necessarily mean bad characters. The story was a basic three act structure.

My personal two favourite levels are Ice Canyon and Last Stand. Spoilers here. Ice Canyon is the first level in eight years where you get to fight in a Falcon. Even though you do see Falcons in earlier levels, this is the first where you combat enemies in one. This is the also the first level in Fireteam Raven to include the Flood. No big, scary reveal. They are just there on a bridge shooting the breeze. An awesome Chief moment is here as well. The Flood is fun to fight, as is every enemy in this game. My favorite of the two is Last Stand, the final level in the game. This level has almost everything in the game, Flood, Covenant, Warthog rides, Falcon rides, and the final boss is a Scarab. This level has an awesome track from Halo 5 playing over it. You'll know it when the crazy violins kick in.

Overall, I really enjoyed the game. The blend of Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary artstyles was cool and appreciated. I have played the game 3 times and would definitely recommend it.
How much money do you think you averaged over your three play throughs?

Just curious how much I'm looking at investing to complete the game lol.
How much money do you think you averaged over your three play throughs?

Just curious how much I'm looking at investing to complete the game lol.
I purchased the maximum amount of tokens for my card which cost me 56 Canadian Dollars. I went on a Wednesday though because games are at half-price those days.
Did you spend all $56 to beat the game or did you have more money left over after beating it?
After the first playthrough, yes I did have money left over.
In USD it's about 20-30 bucks if you're bad at it. I got a 26 dollar card and had plenty left over.

As for the topic, it was real good for an arcade machine. However. However. I didn't think enemies were telegraphed well, most times it was impossible to prevent damage. I get it's a machine designed to make money but still. That's my only major issue though. Was a blast.
Just today, I went to a Dave & Buster and played Halo: Fireteam Raven. It was really fun and I really enjoyed it. It took a while to get used to because certain Halo tropes (shooting a Jackal's hand to have it reel in pain, stuff like that) did not take place in this game. The set pieces were really cool and pretty much every level felt large scale. A certain Halo reach BtB map is featured.

The story was nothing special and it did not need to be. No character development from anyone in the fireteam. Some members don't even say anything, even though in Halo games in the past, that doesn't necessarily mean bad characters. The story was a basic three act structure.

My personal two favourite levels are Ice Canyon and Last Stand. Spoilers here. Ice Canyon is the first level in eight years where you get to fight in a Falcon. Even though you do see Falcons in earlier levels, this is the first where you combat enemies in one. This is the also the first level in Fireteam Raven to include the Flood. No big, scary reveal. They are just there on a bridge shooting the breeze. An awesome Chief moment is here as well. The Flood is fun to fight, as is every enemy in this game. My favorite of the two is Last Stand, the final level in the game. This level has almost everything in the game, Flood, Covenant, Warthog rides, Falcon rides, and the final boss is a Scarab. This level has an awesome track from Halo 5 playing over it. You'll know it when the crazy violins kick in.

Overall, I really enjoyed the game. The blend of Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary artstyles was cool and appreciated. I have played the game 3 times and would definitely recommend it.
Great write up and glad to hear you enjoyed it! I agree, it's super fun.
It was awesome! I just got done playing it. Without spoiling the very awesome story, it was nice to see CE from a different perspective besides John’s in a game. I joined a little bit before the first mission ended, but it was a blast. It both ran superb for a Halo game and an arcade game, and I definitely plan on playing it through again!
Can one of you people fill me in on the experience? Because I wanna know some details before I get to experience it in person.