Skip to main content
How are people getting such high scores? I feel I am decent but getting blown away in the leader boards...
You must kill everything on screen. This includes background enemies and ones that fly by. Also try to kill enemies on both screens.

The real high scores are done by literally killing everything on screen in each mission. Which means you have to steal kills and take damage to hit background enemies. So lots of practice and memories of what is coming up next.
Thank you. I went to a local pizza joint where I was the only one playing. I was able to shoot the 3 A.I. controlled baddies from right to left (I was blue ODST) and get some decent scores. I decided to to continue that because it made the game not very fun. I was literally letting myself get shot to spend more money and "pay" for a high score. Sad.
Pluto70 wrote:
Thank you. I went to a local pizza joint where I was the only one playing. I was able to shoot the 3 A.I. controlled baddies from right to left (I was blue ODST) and get some decent scores. I decided to to continue that because it made the game not very fun. I was literally letting myself get shot to spend more money and "pay" for a high score. Sad.
Yup.... That's what it comes down to. It is sad because it can become a chore instead of a truly completive game. It would be one thing if you had other players to steal from but alone taking hits for a score trade off is how it's done.

Still you can kill some stuff in the background which is neat, like the popcorn flood. I allways though that was entertaining because each one counts as a kill.