Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

How do you scan your QR code?

OP RealSlimSheep

I went to a dave and busters location to try this, and i got a QR code on my phone. Are you supposed to put it face down in the thing that looks like a phone holder? If so, is there any other ways? I tried that, and my phone is too big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, you're supposed to scan your QR code face down to get your badge. I did it a while ago but had issues getting the badge, so I have to go back and try again instead of signing out after finishing the game.
Yeah. That’s the only way to scan it. Perhaps try shrinking the page with the QR code on your phone so the code itself can fit on the scanner.
I went to a dave and busters location to try this, and i got a QR code on my phone. Are you supposed to put it face down in the thing that looks like a phone holder? If so, is there any other ways? I tried that, and my phone is too big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My phone is pretty big (5.7") but it scanned fine when I put it facedown on there. Perhaps there was something wrong with the scanner you were at? I do wish there was a prompt or some sort of indicator light showing that the scanner is usable, I almost thought they weren't working at first.
Good thing i looked at this post, i played all day today and was generaly confused how to link my tag. I thought scaning the qr code there was what i needed, not the one waypoint generates..... now i know why the qr code there takes me to my service record of raven lol.

Im gona go tomorrow and try again, this time link it and beat the whole game. I have played 3 different times and still didnt link it up 😂😓 i still had fun though
My phone kept sliding off the QR scanner during the missions. Has anyone encountered any issues from this?
My phone kept sliding off the QR scanner during the missions. Has anyone encountered any issues from this?
You dont need to keep your phone there, all you have to do is log in and make sure the 30 second timer doesn't end and log you out. As long as the game is going after you log in the first time, you stay loged in, you can then put your phone away.
Regice554 wrote:
You dont need to keep your phone there, all you have to do is log in and make sure the 30 second timer doesn't end and log you out. As long as the game is going after you log in the first time, you stay loged in, you can then put your phone away.
Can you sign in at any point in the game? Or does it have to be before you start a level.
Regice554 wrote:
Can you sign in at any point in the game? Or does it have to be before you start a level.
You sign in after you pay by swiping your card, and as far as I know, you can't sign in at any point during the game after you pay.
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
You sign in after you pay by swiping your card, and as far as I know, you can't sign in at any point during the game after you pay.
I feel like this is the type of info we are all really looking for, and perhaps to have it fleshed out a little bit more.

Anyone know of any vids showing it step by step?
Do you need to do it before you select the first mission?

I live far from any D&B and make a couple trips/year through a town that has one.
I'd like to make the most of those trips and play, but would want to make sure my GT is linked up properly. (I was recently in Portland and the link wasn't working there).
AshamanND wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
I feel like this is the type of info we are all really looking for, and perhaps to have it fleshed out a little bit more.

I live far from any D&B and make a couple trips/year through a town that has one.
I'd like to make the most of those trips and play, but would want to make sure my GT is linked up properly. (I was recently in Portland and the link wasn't working there).
My b, i meant you can sighn in at any point after u pay. Darn auto fill, or maybe i was tired. Either way feel free to ask any questions. What u do is swipe you card, then at any point after that you scan your personal qr code form waypoint.

alternatively, you can screen shot your qr code on your phone and then use that to log in. “After you swipe”

when loged in, just dont time out, when you time out you log out.
Regice554 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:

My b, i meant you can sighn in at any point after u pay. Darn auto fill, or maybe i was tired. Either way feel free to ask any questions. What u do is swipe you card, then at any point after that you scan your personal qr code form waypoint.

alternatively, you can screen shot your qr code on your phone and then use that to log in. “After you swipe”

Ok cool,
So after you swipe your card in for the D&B points to be used, then you can sign in with your phone?

The little area where you put your phone face down will be active at all times as long as you still have a 'life' and haven't 'time out' of the life?
So, you can put your phone there:
  • During pre-mission cut scenes,
  • During a mission
  • After a mission
  • Any time you have 'paid' for a life
Correct?
AshamanND wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:

Ok cool,
So after you swipe your card in for the D&B points to be used, then you can sign in with your phone?

The little area where you put your phone face down will be active at all times as long as you still have a 'life' and haven't 'time out' of the life?
So, you can put your phone there:
  • During pre-mission cut scenes,
  • During a mission
  • After a mission
  • Any time you have 'paid' for a life
Correct?
Yes as far as i know when you swipe and hit start, after that you can scan and log in at any point. I loged in mid cut scene. Also, make sure the scaner is lit up around the edges, becuase if it isnt, the scaner is off. Oh, and normaly i log in before i start killing, or at least try to. I havent loged in while like 50 kills into the mission. Im just asuming it will say welcome when u sign in and continue from what your doing.

If im wrong with all of this, you will just lose one swipe and have to start over. Or use the unloged in play for practice
Be careful even if the code does scan I played through the whole game a week ago with my tag scanned (says your gamer tag above the health bar) and never got credit on waypoint. I tried reaching out to DnB and the company that makes he machine and neither had an explanation.
No, the only way is using the scanner. Make sure the entire QR code is visible on your phone and just keep trying until the machine takes it
Scanned quickly and painlessly! Very cool indeed. Did this before the game started. Watch for your gamertag on the player screen to confirm. Stats on Halo Waypoint were posted almost immediately. Well done, 343!!
No, the only way is using the scanner. Make sure the entire QR code is visible on your phone and just keep trying until the machine takes it
How or where do you get the QR code?
How or where do you get the QR code?
Sign into Halowaypoint then go to your service record and select Halo Fireteam Raven. Once loaded, there will be a QR code for you to scan into the machine. You need to put your game card into the machine and hit start. Once you hit start, the QR scanner will start flashing which is when you put your phone up to it and let it scan the code from your profile.

Does that make sense?
I need help on that to get