How do you scan your QR code?

OP RealSlimSheep

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
no1ife wrote:
Be careful even if the code does scan I played through the whole game a week ago with my tag scanned (says your gamer tag above the health bar) and never got credit on waypoint. I tried reaching out to DnB and the company that makes he machine and neither had an explanation.
I was able to get some info from Play Mechanix about how this works. Check out my thread here: Link
I went to a dave and busters location to try this, and i got a QR code on my phone. Are you supposed to put it face down in the thing that looks like a phone holder? If so, is there any other ways? I tried that, and my phone is too big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I need help on that to get
just keep your phone face down on the scanner while your playing, you should see your gamer tag on the screen once it links
When I playing game
I went to a dave and busters location to try this, and i got a QR code on my phone. Are you supposed to put it face down in the thing that looks like a phone holder? If so, is there any other ways? I tried that, and my phone is too big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I need help on that to get
just keep your phone face down on the scanner while your playing, you should see your gamer tag on the screen once it links
When I playing game
Yes, when your playing the game put your phone with the qr code face down on the scanner
Is the scanner supposed to look like an empty indention? I didn't scan my QR code because it looked like my D&B gutted the phone scanners for some reason which disappointed me because I wanted to keep track of how I did.
I didn't understand how to link my gamertag until literally the very end. I finally did it and the scanner lit up green as the end cutscene was playing but I don't think it counted. It was pretty confusing at first, the game never tells you when to scan it. I tried putting the code over the scanner at first and nothing happened so I thought you had to wait until the end or something. Only then did I realize you have to keep it there for like 5 seconds, which it doesn't tell you anywhere.
TristenZX wrote:
Is the scanner supposed to look like an empty indention? I didn't scan my QR code because it looked like my D&B gutted the phone scanners for some reason which disappointed me because I wanted to keep track of how I did.
Not an empty indentation. It would be a spot with glass and a border that lights up after you link your profile by holding your mobile device to it with the QR code visible on your mobile device.

D&B has proven to me to be really bad at getting this scan in feature working. Contact the GM, let him/her know how big a Halo fan you are, and how disappointed you are they they removed this feature.

For me, the scan in actually drives replayability because it tracks your stats. Tell them this. They would make more money off of people like you and me if it worked. You might even get some free swipes from them.
To anyone reading this post looking for awnsers, each seat has a corresponding scaner next to the gun. The scaner had a wight raised border. It looks like it holds a phone, but all you have to do is brefiely place you qr code near the glass for it to read it. If sucessfull if will show that you loged in on the screen in front of you. It is possibale for the scaner to be off, which can be indicated by it not lighting up, or it cold just be plain off. Sometimes it can be lit up, but not work. It is also possibale for the scaner to be synced to another seat. For instance the green gun turret and coresponding seat, will log in with the orange turret scaner, and vice versa.
AshamanND wrote:
TristenZX wrote:
Not an empty indentation. It would be a spot with glass and a border that lights up after you link your profile by holding your mobile device to it with the QR code visible on your mobile device.
That was the weird thing, it WAS a border glowing with glass over it but the inside was completely hollow. Like there was a scanner mean to be put there but wasn't and was installed with the border and glass anyway. It's hard to tell if it's meant to be like that or not because everywhere else I heard if the border glows then you're good
Sounds like they didn't bother to hook up the guts.
They clearly still installed the glass and border so there isn't a literal hole, but likely no actual scanners.
Talk to the owner/GM of your arcade and ask them to fix it.
Looks like I gotta talk to someone named the Amusement Manager tomorrow, hopefully they care enough to install the scanners proper so next time I go I can keep track of my stats and get the rewards.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam or flame other members
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I didn't know this was a thing until after I played and the game :( Need to make another 2 1/2 hour trip to play :P So to scan it's the same thing that I put my play card into ?
SAM 602 wrote:
I didn't know this was a thing until after I played and the game :( Need to make another 2 1/2 hour trip to play :P So to scan it's the same thing that I put my play card into ?
Not the same thing that you put your card into.
Although it's right next to it.

It's a rectangle with glass, and usually a border that is lit up. It is 'flat' and you put your phone face down on it. Your phone should have your QR code on screen.
Does anybody know if the scanner is supposed to light up or something? When I tried there was no response and the game remained static.
Does anybody know if the scanner is supposed to light up or something? When I tried there was no response and the game remained static.
The scanner doesn't really change when it scans.

The indication you'll have is that on-screen it will say "Welcome, _____(Gamertag)"
Also, throughout gameplay, your Gamertag will be displayed at the top of the screen, instead of the name of the ODST.
And, at the end of each level, you'll see it on the scoreboard.

If you didn't see those things, chances are your local arcade never set up the scanner.
Talk to the GM/Owner of the arcade.
AshamanND wrote:

The indication you'll have is that on-screen it will say "Welcome, _____(Gamertag)"
Also, throughout gameplay, your Gamertag will be displayed at the top of the screen, instead of the name of the ODST.

If you didn't see those things, chances are your local arcade never set up the scanner.
Ah this is hilarious. Showed this topic to staff at Namco Funscape in London who said 'Nah nah just hold it there for 10 seconds, it'll work. Nothing comes on screen.

8 hours later... nothing... If I can get back there before my train I am going to kick up such a fuss

This isn't like it's some random bowling arcade or something... this is Namco's (the EMEA distributor) flagship UK place.

So incredibly frustrating that the local hosts just do not care at all about the upkeep of these machines as long as they make money off them. Ridiculous. Seems like the only place you'll reliably get support for this is Outpost Discovery now.

That said really enjoyed the game.
MorseyBaby wrote:
AshamanND wrote:

Ah this is hilarious. Showed this topic to staff at Namco Funscape in London who said 'Nah nah just hold it there for 10 seconds, it'll work. Nothing comes on screen.

8 hours later... nothing... If I can get back there before my train I am going to kick up such a fuss

This isn't like it's some random bowling arcade or something... this is Namco's (the EMEA distributor) flagship UK place.

So incredibly frustrating that the local hosts just do not care at all about the upkeep of these machines as long as they make money off them. Ridiculous. Seems like the only place you'll reliably get support for this is Outpost Discovery now.

What I have learned is you simply must talk to the GM, Owner, or Head Technician on staff. Everyone else at ANY arcade is useless.

Best of luck!
AshamanND wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
AshamanND wrote:

What I have learned is you simply must talk to the GM, Owner, or Head Technician on staff. Everyone else at ANY arcade is useless.

Best of luck!
Aye sadly so. Cheers.

Spoke to the duty manager and even he wasn't particularly well-informed.
The place that has Fireteam Raven near me doesn't even have the QR Code scanner installed. I also don't feel like driving 1.5 hours away just to go to a place that has a scanner installed. feelsbadman. Guess ill just have to wait until Outpost discovery to get mine account scanned.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3