2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Senior4337 wrote:
an7man wrote:
Senior4337 wrote:
Do we have to leave the phone on the Scanning area, also do we have to keep scanning it when we finished a mission or die, one more question does it log us out automatically or how does that work?
So I did it today.

The area where the QR scanner is should be highlighted..
With your code ready you put it over the scanner.
If you have swiped your card(credit) it should work.
If not you have to swipe then put the QR in.

Once it's in, you should see your gamertag on screen.
You only do it once unless you don't hit continue when you are downed in game.
Thank you for responding, one more question did you get the reward immediately or did you had to wait a certain amount of time?
When I got home a few hours after it was there. The Platinum Package for Halo 5 . I have not got my Nampelate yet though.
It might have to do with me not completing the first 2 levels?
an7man wrote:
Senior4337 wrote:
an7man wrote:
Senior4337 wrote:
Do we have to leave the phone on the Scanning area, also do we have to keep scanning it when we finished a mission or die, one more question does it log us out automatically or how does that work?
So I did it today.

The area where the QR scanner is should be highlighted..
With your code ready you put it over the scanner.
If you have swiped your card(credit) it should work.
If not you have to swipe then put the QR in.

Once it's in, you should see your gamertag on screen.
You only do it once unless you don't hit continue when you are downed in game.
Thank you for responding, one more question did you get the reward immediately or did you had to wait a certain amount of time?
When I got home a few hours after it was there. The Platinum Package for Halo 5 . I have not got my Nampelate yet though.
It might have to do with me not completing the first 2 levels?
Oh i see, i feel like 343 manually has to give the nameplate from MCC, just my guess anyways thank you for answering my questions.
AshamanND wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
My phone kept sliding off the QR scanner during the missions. Has anyone encountered any issues from this?
You dont need to keep your phone there, all you have to do is log in and make sure the 30 second timer doesn't end and log you out. As long as the game is going after you log in the first time, you stay loged in, you can then put your phone away.
Can you sign in at any point in the game? Or does it have to be before you start a level.
You sign in after you pay by swiping your card, and as far as I know, you can't sign in at any point during the game after you pay.
I feel like this is the type of info we are all really looking for, and perhaps to have it fleshed out a little bit more.

Anyone know of any vids showing it step by step?
Do you need to do it before you select the first mission?

I live far from any D&B and make a couple trips/year through a town that has one.
I'd like to make the most of those trips and play, but would want to make sure my GT is linked up properly. (I was recently in Portland and the link wasn't working there).
My b, i meant you can sighn in at any point after u pay. Darn auto fill, or maybe i was tired. Either way feel free to ask any questions. What u do is swipe you card, then at any point after that you scan your personal qr code form waypoint.

alternatively, you can screen shot your qr code on your phone and then use that to log in. “After you swipe”

when loged in, just dont time out, when you time out you log out.
Ok cool,
So after you swipe your card in for the D&B points to be used, then you can sign in with your phone?

The little area where you put your phone face down will be active at all times as long as you still have a 'life' and haven't 'time out' of the life?
So, you can put your phone there:
  • During pre-mission cut scenes,
  • During a mission
  • After a mission
  • Any time you have 'paid' for a life
Correct?
From my understanding that D&B has the power to disconnect the qr code scanner whenever to choose to do so especially if its a very busy one.
AshamanND wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
My phone kept sliding off the QR scanner during the missions. Has anyone encountered any issues from this?
You dont need to keep your phone there, all you have to do is log in and make sure the 30 second timer doesn't end and log you out. As long as the game is going after you log in the first time, you stay loged in, you can then put your phone away.
Can you sign in at any point in the game? Or does it have to be before you start a level.
You sign in after you pay by swiping your card, and as far as I know, you can't sign in at any point during the game after you pay.
I feel like this is the type of info we are all really looking for, and perhaps to have it fleshed out a little bit more.

I live far from any D&B and make a couple trips/year through a town that has one.
I'd like to make the most of those trips and play, but would want to make sure my GT is linked up properly. (I was recently in Portland and the link wasn't working there).
My b, i meant you can sighn in at any point after u pay. Darn auto fill, or maybe i was tired. Either way feel free to ask any questions. What u do is swipe you card, then at any point after that you scan your personal qr code form waypoint.

alternatively, you can screen shot your qr code on your phone and then use that to log in. “After you swipe”

Ok cool,
So after you swipe your card in for the D&B points to be used, then you can sign in with your phone?

The little area where you put your phone face down will be active at all times as long as you still have a 'life' and haven't 'time out' of the life?
  • During a mission
  • After a mission
Correct?
From my understanding that D&B has the power to disconnect the qr code scanner whenever to choose to do so especially if its a very busy one.
Yeah, and many of them never set it up to begin with.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:

Ok cool,

• During a mission
  • After a mission
Correct?
Hopefully this can get the attention of 343 before the machine is replaced with new ones.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:

Ok cool,

• During a mission
  • After a mission
Correct?
Hopefully this can get the attention of 343 before the machine is replaced with new ones.
It's entirely up to the machine owners if they activate it or not.
343s involvement is basically over after the development.
They keep the link to Waypoint available, but the owners set it up.
So was really excited to find a FT Raven cabinet yesterday. Unfortunately the QR scanners weren't on. I pulled up this thread while onsite & sure enough... they weren't lit up.

Would be awesome if there was list of cab locations out there. Does that exist? Then further... an indicator which have QR / XBL connectivity.

I didn't get to play a lot as I was at a family party. Was on mission mode vs story mode. Beat 3/6 missions. Am I understanding there are 4 stories, 1 for each character, in story mode?
Solar Bruh wrote:
I went to a dave and busters location to try this, and i got a QR code on my phone. Are you supposed to put it face down in the thing that looks like a phone holder? If so, is there any other ways? I tried that, and my phone is too big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i was having the same issue, then Quarantine started and i couldn't go back to try again
Prizur wrote:
Solar Bruh wrote:
I went to a dave and busters location to try this, and i got a QR code on my phone. Are you supposed to put it face down in the thing that looks like a phone holder? If so, is there any other ways? I tried that, and my phone is too big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i was having the same issue, then Quarantine started and i couldn't go back to try again
When quarantine is over, hopefully you can try again.

This video shows how to do the scanning:
https://twitter.com/AshamanND/status/1114973302995349504
AshamanND wrote:
Prizur wrote:
Solar Bruh wrote:
When quarantine is over, hopefully you can try again.

This video shows how to do the scanning:
https://twitter.com/AshamanND/status/1114973302995349504
thats the plan lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4