Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

how exactly do i sign in on fire team raven?

OP XSUNERX

today i went to my local arcade with some friends and we decided to play fire team raven. i had the QR code on my phone but i was never asked if i wanted to sign in. even after the game finished i was never able to do it. did i do something wrong? or am i just an idiot that misread something and it was an easy thing to do.
There is a green scanner near the guns where you lay your phone down to login. It will scan your QR code.
I've been to two different arcades and played the game and neither time could I get the QR scanner to work on that thing. Nothing asked me to sign in, nothing was scanned, and my stats never showed up anywhere.
I've been to two different arcades and played the game and neither time could I get the QR scanner to work on that thing. Nothing asked me to sign in, nothing was scanned, and my stats never showed up anywhere.
You'll know you're signed in if, when playing the game, your name doesn't come up as your character but as your gamertag instead. You want to scan the QR code right after paying/swiping/whatever it is you do to pay for the arcade game. The scanner should have a green light if it goes through.

If it still doesn't work, the arcade owner might need to turn the feature on.
You'll know you're signed in if, when playing the game, your name doesn't come up as your character but as your gamertag instead. You want to scan the QR code right after paying/swiping/whatever it is you do to pay for the arcade game. The scanner should have a green light if it goes through.

In that case, I've been to two different arcades where they don't have that feature running. Bummer.

In that case, I've been to two different arcades where they don't have that feature running. Bummer.
Yeah, sorry to hear that. I think it's very simple, if there's any way to contact the arcade, usually there's an email address on a website somewhere, they may be able to resolve it for you.
XSUNERX wrote:
today i went to my local arcade with some friends and we decided to play fire team raven. i had the QR code on my phone but i was never asked if i wanted to sign in. even after the game finished i was never able to do it. did i do something wrong? or am i just an idiot that misread something and it was an easy thing to do.
Elio13 wrote:
There is a green scanner near the guns where you lay your phone down to login. It will scan your QR code.
This^

Yeah, sorry to hear that. I think it's very simple, if there's any way to contact the arcade, usually there's an email address on a website somewhere, they may be able to resolve it for you.
Yep, you 100% need to take it up with the individual arcade.
I had this issue at 3 separate locations, and each time I had to contact the GM/Owner and get them to set it up.
It's free for them, they often just don't care until someone asks.

If anyone is having trouble, I made a short video showing it:
Link
I found one at a hotal near by my place, but I couldn't sigh in. It's like the QR scanner's broken.
I found one at a hotal near by my place, but I couldn't sigh in. It's like the QR scanner's broken.
Is it turned on? You could ask the manager or owner to turn it on. It does need to be enabled.