Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

I Played Fireteam Raven: Ask Me Anything

OP RUL MonkeyxMoo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I got to play Fireteam Raven at the pre-launch cabinet in Rosemont, Illinois. I've already shared a lot of stuff about the game on Twitter, and a handful on Reddit. Figured I'd share stuff here.

Some general information:

How many missions? Six missions.

How long is a full playthough? About an hour and a half (forty five minutes for most others though)

Can you select specific missions? Yes.

Does Chief appear at all? Yes.

How many times? He makes three appearances.

Does anyone else appear from the game? No, though Keyes is mentioned at the start of the game.

What about from The Flood? Silva and Wellesley both make appearances, Wellesley acts as Raven's AI and guides the team throughout the game. Silva makes a brief appearance at the start of the game.

Is the story canon? Yes, everything is canon.

Did you scan the QR code? What are the stats and rewards like? I did, sadly the stats and rewards don't appear to be live yet. Probably because this is a pre-launch test.

Do you have gameplay? Yup, sharing them in the spoiler tags below

do you like the campaign?
It's cool that they added a Juggernaut Form. Makes me even more excited (and depressed) about playing it (when the possibility of coming to Portugal is very slim).
Was it good, how much did it cost and how long was the lineup- go
It's cool that they added a Juggernaut Form. Makes me even more excited (and depressed) about playing it (when the possibility of coming to Portugal is very slim).
BandaiNamco have the exclusive distribution rights for Europe, Middle East and Africa and say they'll be limited. BandaiNamco Press ReleaseThat said: you never know... What's the arcade scene like in Portugal?

The only word about an UK one so far is that it is likely to be in the NamcoFunscape in London
MorseyBaby wrote:
BandaiNamco have the exclusive distribution rights for Europe, Middle East and Africa and say they'll be limited. BandaiNamco Press ReleaseThat said: you never know... What's the arcade scene like in Portugal?
Not really good. However, in last year's gaming conventions, we were able to play on the older consoles like the Super Nintendo... well, partially. It's a possibility for arcade machines, particularly Fireteam Raven (due to being recent) to appear, but I honestly wouldn't hold on to that bet.
MorseyBaby wrote:
Not really good. However, in last year's gaming conventions, we were able to play on the older consoles like the Super Nintendo... well, partially. It's a possibility for arcade machines, particularly Fireteam Raven (due to being recent) to appear, but I honestly wouldn't hold on to that bet.
I've contacted them about seeing if we cna glean any information about when and where we're likely to start seeing it in Europe in the hope of getting some kinda of a community event going around launch. We shall see...
Do the MC make an appearance?
NEXUS NX wrote:
Do the MC make an appearance?
He answered that in the first post. Yes.
Zepher03 wrote:
Was it good, how much did it cost and how long was the lineup- go
I really enjoyed it. It costs 8.8 chips (4.4 on Wednesdays, they do a half off thing) per life and 60 chips costs $12. I managed to make it through the game on one charge to the card during the half day. Lineup depends on when you go and how long people decide to invest their time into the game.
Does Fireteam Raven die in the end?
Does Fireteam Raven die in the end?
Yes, they do.
Does every player always use the same weapon?
Does every player always use the same weapon?
Yes, everyone uses the same weapon at the same time.
I've watched all your Fireteam Raven YouTube videos as well as the Halo Canon one. I've pretty much only got two questions left.
1. What does the actual machine look like? All I've seen are the monitors.
2. What is the sound design and, in particular, the soundtrack like?
Do you know what the rewards are? I’ve heard that there are something of sorts...
I've watched all your Fireteam Raven YouTube videos as well as the Halo Canon one. I've pretty much only got two questions left.
1. What does the actual machine look like? All I've seen are the monitors.
2. What is the sound design and, in particular, the soundtrack like?
Not taken by me, but here's some pictures of the machine.Sound design was good. The weapons and vehicles sounded like they should and the enemies sound like their species. Soundtrack was mainly Halo 5, the menus used Spartan Assault. It's hard to hear though, I only truly heard the soundtrack a handful of times.
I just watched the whole playthrough of the game by Halo Cannon. The Chief cameos are sick. My favorite moment is probably the brutal murder of the Hunters by the Juggernauts. Seriously, how strong are those beasts? They sent those Hunters flying like Banshees.
1. How much is it to for one play?
2. How many times did you need to swipe your card to continue your play through?
3. Is one complete play through REALLY an hour and a half?
1. How much is it to for one play?
2. How many times did you need to swipe your card to continue your play through?
3. Is one complete play through REALLY an hour and a half?
Regarding 3, Halo Cannon made an entire live playthough which took him around 48 minutes. It's relatively short but it looks so darn fun.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2