Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

Is Halo Fireteam Raven Canon

OP KB3L0BR

I know there isn't much debate around this topic, but I gonna say it only one time, Fireteam raven is not canon! The reason its not canon is because first of all, why is there halo 4 vehicles that were only created after halo 3 by the storm covenant in Halo CE!

Second, If you've read "Halo the flood", you would know at the final hours of Installation 04 the remaining UNSC (except for Johnson and master chief) were hijacking "the truth of reconciliation" to escape the halo ring. AI Wellsey knew that if there was even one Flood carrier form aboard, Earth would fall. So he activated the self destruct system of the truthof reconciliation and prevented the flood from spreading. Something I'd like to add is the remaining UNSC didn't even know if the chief was alive.
But! in fireteam raven the UNSC are helping the master chief destroy the halo ring, in dumbest -Yoinking!- battle I've ever seen.

Third, Why is there "pure flood forms" When there isn't even a full Gravemind! I'd also Like to add, why is there falcons, when they weren't even in the Pillar of autumn's arsenal. There are also phantoms and drones when they weren't even in the Covenant's (the ones that were at the halo ring) arsenal.

Well that just about wraps it up, hopefully now you know why fireteam raven is complete BS.

Edit: Me and my friend were in a debate when I wrote this, so I made a lot of mistakes when writing this because of that, but, I do see all of your points, and halo canon I believe made a video on this that basically solved everything above, so yeah, have a nice day everyone that stopped by :)
It is canon. I agree with you though, it has a number of issues that cause a lot of confusion for lore fans.
tuhin94
343 Has never officially confirmed that fireteam raven is canon therefore none of us can prove our points. But if you put all of the puzzle pieces together you will see that fireteam raven doesn't fit with the timeline. Sure, it has a bunch of characters we know and love from "halo the flood" but that does not make it canon.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/nevermore you will see that in that article there is no occurrence where 343 states it is canon.
I'd say only some parts of it are actually cannon, others parts are well, definitely not. I remember my first time playing it and I saw a pure form and I was extremely confused
KB3L0BR wrote:
I know there isn't much debate around this topic, but I gonna say it only one time, Fireteam raven is not canon! The reason its not canon is because first of all, why is there halo 4 vehicles that were only created after halo 3 by the storm covenant in Halo CE!
Second, If you've read "Halo the flood", you would know at the final hours of Installation 04 the remaining UNSC (except for Johnson and master chief) were hijacking "the truth of reconciliation" to escape the halo ring. AI Wellsey knew that if there was even one Flood carrier form aboard, Earth would fall. So he activated the self destruct system of the truthof reconciliation and prevented the flood from spreading. Something I'd like to add is the remaining UNSC didn't even know if the chief was alive.
But! in fireteam raven the UNSC are helping the master chief destroy the halo ring, in dumbest -Yoinking!- battle I've ever seen.

Third, Why is there "pure flood forms" When there isn't even a full Gravemind! I'd also Like to add, why is there falcons, when they weren't even in the Pillar of autumn's arsenal. There are also phantoms and drones when they weren't even in the Covenant's (the ones that were at the halo ring) arsenal.

Well that just about wraps it up, hopefully now you know why fireteam raven is complete BS.
It was actually a different person who blew up The Truth and Reconciliation, but I get what your trying to say. I think its a different take on what the UNSC forces did during the events of Halo CE.
tuhin94 wrote:
It is canon. I agree with you though, it has a number of issues that cause a lot of confusion for lore fans.
Now while FR did indeed caused a lot of confusion for lore fans, we sure know for a fact that it is indeed canon. Notice the canon breaking in FR were just rather minor.
KB3L0BR wrote:
tuhin94
343 Has never officially confirmed that fireteam raven is canon therefore none of us can prove our points. But if you put all of the puzzle pieces together you will see that fireteam raven doesn't fit with the timeline. Sure, it has a bunch of characters we know and love from "halo the flood" but that does not make it canon.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/nevermore you will see that in that article there is no occurrence where 343 states it is canon.
Click the link I posted.

Blast9867 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Now while FR did indeed caused a lot of confusion for lore fans, we sure know for a fact that it is indeed canon. Notice the canon breaking in FR were just rather minor.
Yes, that’s why I posted the link haha. In this situation, it’s a matter of perspective on how confusing certain story elements are.
KB3L0BR wrote:

Yep, its canon, the weird things like vehicules of Halo 4 in Halo CE and other questions are
artistic differences
I wouldnt consider it canon, considering how many plotholes there are. Just a one off arcade game.
Grimbrother One confirmed that it's canon. I would just write off any inconsistencies as either an artistic choice/small retcon/gameplay over lore decision.
KB3L0BR wrote:

With your second point you have gotten a couple of things wrong yourself:

• It was Melissa McKay who destroyed the Truth and Reconciliation, not the AI who detects the explosions and comments that Silva "trained her well" or something like that.
  • Lt. Silva and his AI knew that the Chief and Cortana were alive and what their plan was. The overall goal was for both parties to rendezvous in space after Halo had been destroyed.
i don't really care TBH i just like shooting aliens
I continue to apply the Canon policy of Halopedia, which is that first is Canon, everything after is supplement. So if FR contradicts previously established Canon, then that is not Canon, as you can't overwrite previous Canon. You can add to it, but not overwrite it, outside of explicit rewrites such as newer versions of older books that correct inaccuracies.

This helps the games feel more fun, as you get to enjoy "what if?" scenarios alongside the Halo lore itself.
this is confusing
KB3L0BR wrote:
Second, If you've read "Halo the flood", you would know at the final hours of Installation 04 the remaining UNSC (except for Johnson and master chief) were hijacking "the truth of reconciliation" to escape the halo ring. AI Wellsey knew that if there was even one Flood carrier form aboard, Earth would fall. So he activated the self destruct system of the truth of reconciliation and prevented the flood from spreading. Something I'd like to add is the remaining UNSC didn't even know if the chief was alive.

You have a valid point. It really sounds not canon, and it probably isn't canon either. The only reason why i bother playing it is because machine gun go brrrrrrrrrrrr