Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

No QR codes in AMF Bowling Allley (Mineola, NY)

OP OvOXO W1LDD0GG

I went to play Fireteam Raven while I waited for lanes to open up, only to realize that the qr scanners weren’t on. Played about halfway anyways and it’s definietly fun, but it would’ve been more fun if I could’ve linked my GT.

I contacted Play Mechanix and they said the owner at the location has to get them installed and the game has to have internet connection. I called the alley and naturally the people at the front desk had almost no clue what I was talking about. Hopefully I can get that squared away.

Seems silly that this is an issue. All Fireteam Raven booths should be connected by default.
I ran into this issue many times as well.

You need to specifically talk to the owner/manager/head tech person of whatever arcade (or bowling alley).
Regular staff won't have a clue, or probably even care.

I've actually walked 2 different arcades through the process of getting the scanners working.

Let me know if you need any help/advice.

it's worth it playing through with your GT linked.
=)
A tale from Sydney, Australia.

An ODST from the outskirts of Sydney went online and found that there was a Halo: FR machine at TimeZone at the Macquarie Centre (near Sydney). It was his birthday and his wife had given him the day off kid duties, so he enlisted the help of two Halo buddies and took a trip. On arrival we found no Halo: FR machine, a (very helpful) staff member informed us that the machine had been moved to Playtime in Haymarket (Sydney) ... so we got back in our car... er Warthog.

Turns out that Cortana had messed with the Playtime AI or maybe they didn't have the interwebz hooked up (and seemingly no power to the QR code scanners either). We couldn't find a staff member who could help us. :-(

So we blasted our way through regardless. :-)

One of our fireteam managed to get a spot on the local leaderbaord (15th) and while we all had a great time, it'd be nice to have our efforts reflected in our service records.
dossaer wrote:
A tale from Sydney, Australia.

An ODST from the outskirts of Sydney went online and found that there was a Halo: FR machine at TimeZone at the Macquarie Centre (near Sydney). It was his birthday and his wife had given him the day off kid duties, so he enlisted the help of two Halo buddies and took a trip. On arrival we found no Halo: FR machine, a (very helpful) staff member informed us that the machine had been moved to Playtime in Haymarket (Sydney) ... so we got back in our car... er Warthog.

Turns out that Cortana had messed with the Playtime AI or maybe they didn't have the interwebz hooked up (and seemingly no power to the QR code scanners either). We couldn't find a staff member who could help us. :-(

So we blasted our way through regardless. :-)

One of our fireteam managed to get a spot on the local leaderbaord (15th) and while we all had a great time, it'd be nice to have our efforts reflected in our service records.
Great story, and perseverance!
Unfortunate you couldn't get anyone to help with the linking.

Another example of how we, the consumer, need to take matters into our own hands and talk to the owners of the arcade before we visit.
It shouldn't be so, yet it is.
I hope you get that opportunity, and get to play again with it all linked up.

Cheers!
How can they not have the scanners on!? I was so upset when I forgot to scan my code one of the days I was playing. But at least that was my own fault, haha.
As stated before, you have to talk to the managers. An Arcade in my city finally got it (but only half...green and purple ODST) and the scanner wasn't on. I talked to an employee and she looked at me like I was speaking a different language, but she was polite enough to take my name and number to follow up. Four days later I got a call that they got it all connected. Time to go complete as the purple ODST.
Pluto70 wrote:
As stated before, you have to talk to the managers. An Arcade in my city finally got it (but only half...green and purple ODST) and the scanner wasn't on. I talked to an employee and she looked at me like I was speaking a different language, but she was polite enough to take my name and number to follow up. Four days later I got a call that they got it all connected. Time to go complete as the purple ODST.
The store near you has the 2-player version?

Share some photos or videos if you can!
AshamanND wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
The store near you has the 2-player version?

Share some photos or videos if you can!
I will when I go back. It's literally just half the machine.