Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

Possible Major In-Game Glitch

OP PennDisney59

Spoiler:
Show
So, when I was playing through the second mission of Fireteam Raven at a local arcade, the game, by some unusual matters of itself, started to freeze at certain points, increasingly lagging for three minutes, and than it unexpectedly shuts down without restarting. I contacted the arcade manager, but after manually restarting and playing at the same mission, it still freezes and shuts down. Is all of this just me, or has either of you also experienced this issue?
Welcome back to the forums!

You should ask the arcade owner to try to force a software update, or at least check what version it is currently running.
The most recent version as far as I know is 1.08.

I have not heard of this glitch, but we're talking about computers here, so anything is possible.

Did you link your GT?
Where is the arcade located?
Sorry for the delay, but I did talk to the local arcade manager about Fireteam Raven, and although he had updated it, the very glitch still occurs playing the exact level.
What arcade is this?
Were you able to get the arcade manager to specifically tell you the exact software version it is running on?
I ask because sometimes people just tell you what you want to hear, or something to pass on responsibility.

Maybe he did update it, but maybe that update was only after the initial setup - there have been many updates since. Maybe he tells you he updated it, but never did, so that you think there is nothing else he can do, and therefore not his problem. Who knows.

Best thing to do is to specifically ask him what version software is running - make him do some actual work for you, the paying customer!
All I can specify is that the local arcade is not Dave and Buster's, and its manager has 35+ years experience with arcade games. The reason I played there is because there was no near-by D&B's within 20 miles of my area. Yes, he did updated the game, and we tested through the day after without success. No ability to skip the second mission means we got stuck, and we still are. Everything else works now.
Sounds like the arcade owner needs to contact raw thrills/ play mechanix.

Without the exact software version number, I can't really offer you any more info.

I have played at both D&B and another independant arcade, and they both suffer from the same need to do proper updates.

Who knows, maybe it is a hardware issue?He definitely needs to contact RT/PM.

Have you tried only story mode, or also the individual mission select?
He had contacted Raw Thrills about how to repair and update Fireteam Raven hardware - which is a 4-Player model - through the manual, but despite exactly following directions - even going as deep as adjusting in-game code - the game simply failed to load through, again, the same mission. The last resort would be to replace it, but he is not giving it up yet. Subsequent missions are not unlocked for that reason. No bad files or hard drive failure like the manual stated to be.
Quote:
the game simply failed to load through, again, the same mission. The last resort would be to replace it, but he is not giving it up yet. Subsequent missions are not unlocked for that reason. No bad files or hard drive failure like the manual stated to be.
But there are two ways to play the game.
  1. Story mode. This takes you through each mission in chronological order. I can understand that if you were playing this mode and the game crashed on mission 2, you would not be able to progress.
  2. Mission select mode / Chapter select mode. This lets you choose to play any single mission, without having to play the subsequent missions.
Did you/he try option 2?
Also, I am curious what was the date and time, specifically that the manager tried to fix it, including what was the date he last downloaded an update.
The reason I ask is because the developers have released several updates over time.
If he is using v. 1.08 or later, then it must be something else. But until we know the version number, we don't know. I understand that you wouldn't have this information yourself at this moment, but you may want to ask him what the software version number is.

There must be some kind of warranty - if these troubleshooting options do not work he may need to ask for a replacement.
This is a $70,000 machine, I am sure there just be some kind of guarantees.
It's the latest version of Fireteam Raven as of now, 1.12, and the game is unplayable whatsoever besides the first mission. Same thing reported in 48 other arcades!
1.12 wow ok!
I now understand that it is an updated version, and that story mode will not let you progress through mission 2.

What about chapter select mode? The mode that let's you pick a specific level?

Where did you get the information that 48 other arcades have the same issue? Do you perhaps have a link to an announcement/story/report online somewhere?
MoreInfoNeeded, this might be another one that needs to be brought to the right people.
Although, if this is a game breaking glitch that is affecting 48 machines or more, I would hope that Raw Thrills / Playmechanix already knows.
I will escalate, thanks for tagging me.
By 'escalate,' you meant to intense this discussion? Sincerely, it's based on metadata.
He's going to bring this up to the right people at 343 to make sure it is looked into.

MoreInfoNeeded has been very helpful in the past with other Halo games bugs that need looking into.
Thanks for escalating!
Well, that is not the first time any Halo game had an issue, and it may not be the last. In the meantime, the local arcade will store away Fireteam Raven until the glitch is fixed.
Had they responded yet? The local arcade is storing the game.
Have some patience, sometimes these things take a while to fully investigate.

Moreinfoneeded always follows through on his promises - he'll post back in here when there is something to report.

On a side note - how did you know that 48 other arcades are having the same issue?
It's the latest version of Fireteam Raven as of now, 1.12, and the game is unplayable whatsoever besides the first mission. Same thing reported in 48 other arcades!