Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

QR reader not installed in Edinburgh

OP born2beslicker

There's one FTR machine available in Scotland, it's in the
Ten Pin Bowling in Edinburgh. Being from Glasgow, I traveled cross-country to play the game and it's a lot of fun!

Unfortunately, the QR system doesn't work. Talking to one of the staff, the thing isn't actually installed and has never been since it arrived. It's not connected online either for patches.

It sucks as I was excited to beat the game, earn REQ cards and have my scores tracked on my account but it's not possible in Scotland. The staff at the place didn't care or even know why it was a problem. 😔
Aww man, that sucks :(
I was hoping to take the train out myself to give it a try. I'll probably still do it, but it's a real shame if they haven't got it set up correctly. Thanks for posting OP!
The actual game is really good fun if you like rail shooters. It's loud, looks great, feels mostly authentic and there's a lot of content if you have the money to throw at it. It's definitely worth playing.

It's a real shame the QR reader doesn't work though. It's the thing I was most excited for.
This is a pattern around the world in many arcades.

Lots of arcade owners/managers don't bother to hook it up unless they're asked to do so.

I have to talk to three different arcades in my general area to get them all hooked up.

If you want to visit, call them on the phone and speak to the GM/Owner. Let them know how much more money you'd spend if it were hooked up. How many friends you would bring. Because there are 4 characters, and no point in playing as each of them unless you can track those stats.
I plan to finish a fourth playthrough shortly - but I'm only doing that because the stats work.

Call ahead, even a few weeks before, to get them to hook it up. It's free, no subscription to the Raw Thrills servers - CoinUp.
There's one FTR machine available in Scotland, it's in the
Ten Pin Bowling in Edinburgh. Being from Glasgow, I traveled cross-country to play the game and it's a lot of fun!

Unfortunately, the QR system doesn't work. Talking to one of the staff, the thing isn't actually installed and has never been since it arrived. It's not connected online either for patches.

It sucks as I was excited to beat the game, earn REQ cards and have my scores tracked on my account but it's not possible in Scotland. The staff at the place didn't care or even know why it was a problem. 😔
stckrboy wrote:
Aww man, that sucks :(
I was hoping to take the train out myself to give it a try. I'll probably still do it, but it's a real shame if they haven't got it set up correctly. Thanks for posting OP!
Confirmed.

If you both want to join forces to complain about this and get them to install the thing I'm with you (and an Edinburgh native who's already moaned to them multiple times about this).

I also have the contact into for the Bandai Namco executive for EMEA
You just need to speak with the owner of that particular arcade and get them to hook it up!