Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

QR Scanner Lights

OP Pluto70

I've had the pleasure of playing this game 3 times (though sessions played is at 5...?) and each time had different QR scanner experiences so I figured I may share them to help others.

1. First time was at Dave & Buster's and the QR scanner wasn't lit at all. No indication of working and indeed I never got it to work. I talked to the manager and he apologized, refunded my credits and said it's new and they are trying to set it up.

2. The second time I went was to another Dave & Buster's where the QR scanner had a ring of lights around it. When I scanned my phone the lights flashed, turned a different color and my name popped up. I got my credit.

3. Just now, I played at my local arcade that got a 2 player version. It only allows for the green and purple ODST. The scanner wasn't lit up at all. I figured I would try and it worked! Once it scanned, it lit up a faint purple (I was purple ODST) around the scanner. My buddy played as the green ODST and his QR went the same way. No indication of being on, but once he put his phone up it flashed green and stayed that way until we beat the game and logged us out. It then went dark again.

I hope this helps out! I will update if anything new comes up.
When do you scan it? Before you pay? During mission select?
Any time after you give the machiene money And hit that flashing button next to your corresponding gun.
You need to feed the machine money first. At Dave and Buster's I was able to scan in during the beginning cut scene. At my local shop, it doesn't allow me to link until actually playing.