Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

QR Scanner Lights

OP Pluto70

I've had the pleasure of playing this game 3 times (though sessions played is at 5...?) and each time had different QR scanner experiences so I figured I may share them to help others.

1. First time was at Dave & Buster's and the QR scanner wasn't lit at all. No indication of working and indeed I never got it to work. I talked to the manager and he apologized, refunded my credits and said it's new and they are trying to set it up.

2. The second time I went was to another Dave & Buster's where the QR scanner had a ring of lights around it. When I scanned my phone the lights flashed, turned a different color and my name popped up. I got my credit.

3. Just now, I played at my local arcade that got a 2 player version. It only allows for the green and purple ODST. The scanner wasn't lit up at all. I figured I would try and it worked! Once it scanned, it lit up a faint purple (I was purple ODST) around the scanner. My buddy played as the green ODST and his QR went the same way. No indication of being on, but once he put his phone up it flashed green and stayed that way until we beat the game and logged us out. It then went dark again.

I hope this helps out! I will update if anything new comes up.
When do you scan it? Before you pay? During mission select?
Any time after you give the machiene money And hit that flashing button next to your corresponding gun.
You need to feed the machine money first. At Dave and Buster's I was able to scan in during the beginning cut scene. At my local shop, it doesn't allow me to link until actually playing.
I didn't scan the QR code before during or after the experience of playing the insanely good arcade game, and I was wondering, if it is too late for me after my experience, I took a picture of the code tho so idk
I didn't scan the QR code before during or after the experience of playing the insanely good arcade game, and I was wondering, if it is too late for me after my experience, I took a picture of the code tho so idk
Unfortunately you need to scan during play to prove you did.
AshamanND wrote:
I made a quick video showing how it scans.
Check it out and the comments.
There is also a long thread talking about issues with linking here.
That is a good video. However, it shows yours prelit. Not all are like that as instated in number 3.
Pluto70 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
That is a good video. However, it shows yours prelit. Not all are like that as instated in number 3.
Good to know - perhaps the 2 player version has some differences to keep the light off when not actively scanning?
AshamanND wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Good to know - perhaps the 2 player version has some differences to keep the light off when not actively scanning?
Perhaps, or they didn't hook it up correctly. I could definitely see some loose wiring inside.
I just played the massive four player version. Absolutely amazing, sadly none of my stats saved at all and my first time playing I was an idiot and didn't flip my phone over to scan. Really sad none of my stats saved. However, I'm more concerned if the stars will give me credit in Halo infinite or something like that. Does anyone know?

Beyond all of that, I thought it was awesome!!!
I just played the massive four player version. Absolutely amazing, sadly none of my stats saved at all and my first time playing I was an idiot and didn't flip my phone over to scan. Really sad none of my stats saved. However, I'm more concerned if the stars will give me credit in Halo infinite or something like that. Does anyone know?

If you didn't sign in with your phone and a QR code, you won't get anything.
Might as well play another level and sign in!
AshamanND wrote:

Yeah, lesson learned haha, it's honestly it's an awesome arcade cabinet!!!
AshamanND wrote:

Yeah, lesson learned haha, it's honestly it's an awesome arcade cabinet!!!
Happened to me as well. I feel the first round is missed for all, but I see your badge so it must have worked the next time!
AshamanND wrote:
Thanks for the links. In the grand scheme of things, it's good to hear that the only complaint people really seem to have with Fireteam Raven is that the QR scanner doesn't work.
AshamanND wrote:
Thanks for the links. In the grand scheme of things, it's good to hear that the only complaint people really seem to have with Fireteam Raven is that the QR scanner doesn't work.
Absolutely. The game is super fun. Fun twist on the genre. My only complaints is not everyone sets up the scanners and I need more money to keep playing lol.
Pluto70 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Absolutely. The game is super fun. Fun twist on the genre. My only complaints is not everyone sets up the scanners and I need more money to keep playing lol.
If you're playing it at Dave & Busters, Wednesday is a great time to go because games are half price and I believe there's a promotion right now where certain meals will give you an unlimited game card on Thursdays.