Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

QR Scanner setup should be mandatory

OP Karim

The QR code service should be guaranteed since it's advertised on Halowaypoint.
Me and my friend played some games on (the only nearby) Fireteam Raven machine before discovering that the scanner wasn't functional, and this was very disappointing.
The location of the machine is Verona, Italy.
Karim wrote:
Me and my friend played some games on (the only nearby) Fireteam Raven machine before discovering that the scanner wasn't functional, and this was very disappointing.
Do you know how old the machine is, OP? Or whether it has gotten a lot of use? Sorry to hear you couldn't track your stats. Technology really sucks sometimes.
Karim wrote:
I agree. If it is on their website, it should be guaranteed up and running.
Geoffyz wrote:
Karim wrote:
Do you know how old the machine is, OP? Or whether it has gotten a lot of use? Sorry to hear you couldn't track your stats. Technology really sucks sometimes.
It was one of the first to come out in the world, but I don't think it has gotten a lot use. We were the only guys playing it during the night.
The light surrounding the scanner was off so I think it's just a matter of installation.
Karim wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
Karim wrote:
It was one of the first to come out in the world, but I don't think it has gotten a lot use. We were the only guys playing it during the night.
The light surrounding the scanner was off so I think it's just a matter of installation.
i think its a matter of fliping a switch, some places have the scaners on and sometimes off, depending who set it up that day. or at least thats my theory. my dave and busters had to just turn it on the next day
From the looks of it, the QR scanner needs to be registered by the arcade owner to function. I just played the game at Namco Funscape at Gateshead Metro Centre and it didn't function, but the game itself is pretty good. Gave some serious Halo CE nostalgia.
Even though a lot of arcade cabinets come in a lot of different variants to appeal to the budget of a store, you should ask stall if they can turn on the QR reader and watch them do it until it is turned on or it is found out one is not installed. As an ex-arcade employee, I say it is likely that the QR reader is just disabled.
I had someone in Dave and Buster's tell me it's was on once, it was not.

I wish all cabinets had active scanners, the two player near me that takes cash is not working