1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Why make something like this for an arcade? It’s 2018 nobody cares about arcade games anymore the game itself looks great but it would have been better on a console. 343 really needs to get there stuff straight already.
Why make something like this for an arcade?
Because Dave & Busters is still a thing? Not to mention arcades on beach boardwalks.
Just because something has been developed that isn't personally targeted to you or your interests, doesn't mean it's automatically bad. I've seen quite a bit of excitement for this. Can't we let other people enjoy something for once? :/
Ok guys, a few of you need some perspective - The Halo franchise is huge. While the core FPS games are clearly the anchor, the franchise has grown into much more than recurring Xbox titles. This arcade project is just a cool opportunity to create some new Halo experiences in a new form factor for a (slightly) new audience. The 343 development team didn't work on this. We don't make arcade games. Just like we don't sculpt and manufacture Halo action figures in-house or have our 3D artists and programmers sewing Halo apparel. 343 is a large studio with some teams who have zero to do with making the next game - such as the Consumer Products group who's sole purpose is to help bring Halo to life _outside_ of the core games. Raw Thrills and Play Mechanix ARE in the business of making arcade games - they poured their time, expertise and resources into this project while some folks at 343 helped consult, provide reference materials, etc...

I totally understand the eagerness and borderline frustration some people feel over the lack of real news on the next proper Halo game, but hating on this arcade project or implying that it somehow is taking away from _you_ is silly. This project has zero impact on "Halo 6" or anything else the studio is doing when it comes to our core business of making Halo games.

I've played Halo: Fireteam Raven and it's super fun for an arcade experience. Pro Tip: The middle two seats are much more prone to get the highest scores than the outer two seats as it's easier to steal kills from the edges / you have more visibility. :D
Why make something like this for an arcade? It’s 2018 nobody cares about arcade games anymore the game itself looks great but it would have been better on a console. 343 really needs to get there stuff straight already.
because not everyone can afford an xbox one AND a brand spankin new game
ske7ch wrote:
Ok guys, a few of you need some perspective - The Halo franchise is huge. While the core FPS games are clearly the anchor, the franchise has grown into much more than recurring Xbox titles. This arcade project is just a cool opportunity to create some new Halo experiences in a new form factor for a (slightly) new audience. The 343 development team didn't work on this. We don't make arcade games. Just like we don't sculpt and manufacture Halo action figures in-house or have our 3D artists and programmers sewing Halo apparel. 343 is a large studio with some teams who have zero to do with making the next game - such as the Consumer Products group who's sole purpose is to help bring Halo to life _outside_ of the core games. Raw Thrills and Play Mechanix ARE in the business of making arcade games - they poured their time, expertise and resources into this project while some folks at 343 helped consult, provide reference materials, etc...

I totally understand the eagerness and borderline frustration some people feel over the lack of real news on the next proper Halo game, but hating on this arcade project or implying that it somehow is taking away from _you_ is silly. This project has zero impact on "Halo 6" or anything else the studio is doing when it comes to our core business of making Halo games.

I've played Halo: Fireteam Raven and it's super fun for an arcade experience. Pro Tip: The middle two seats are much more prone to get the highest scores than the outer two seats as it's easier to steal kills from the edges / you have more visibility. :D
Totally agree.

I'm actually REALLY happy 343 is allowing us to experience Halo in new ways. They didn't make Halo Wars, and I loved it!

I just hope for two things:
  1. The 343 consultants did a fantastic job to keep the quality of this up to snuff.
  2. It becomes more widely available - much more so. (I live in Vancouver, Canada...)
stckrboy wrote:
Just because something has been developed that isn't personally targeted to you or your interests, doesn't mean it's automatically bad. I've seen quite a bit of excitement for this. Can't we let other people enjoy something for once? :/
Im excited for it but i dont have andy d&b near me so im hoping it gets ported
"Monstrosity" is a bit much for something you don't like. (o_O )

Also, isn't the community always talking about how we need to grow the fandom? Seems like having a giant Halo arcade cabinet does a good job of getting people to notice the brand and the universe.
I think it is a cool new idea, and 343 didn't lose many assets to this game as it was made by separate developers.
Any reason to get upset, eh?
I feel that when another haoo game comes out 343 stop paying attention to their previous one. Nothing major has happened to halo 5 since halo wars 2 came out, heck they are already done with the DLC for all their games that are out. Take a look at some of the other game companies like ubisoft, they keep adding dlc or "paying" attention to their older games when something new came out. Heck I think rainbow 6 siege has been out for three years and they are still doing stuff for it.
It looks like you’re new to Halo Waypoint, but I can promise you that a lot gets done not just for Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 but other games as well. Just have a read over the news here on Waypoint and see how much tweaking and improvements go on to improve Halo for everyone.
Hopefully this game will make its way to the Xbox One eventually...

Dude, it's just a side project which wasn't developed primarily by 343, and the team working on Halo 6 would not be affected by this game whatsoever. Halo 6 isn't going to be any worse because of it.
I never had a reason to go to an arcade and now I do. I'm in a small town so I don't think I'll see one here though...

To OP: Nothing to get upset over, 343i didn't develop the game.
It boggles my mind that people are actually upset over this. I think it demonstrates a lack of perspective couple with a really poor sense of entitlement.

I don't know how many times it needs to be stated that 343i did not develop this game in house and did not take away resources from the next Halo game. Is anyone upset that there is a new Halo book on the horizon? New action figures? Could those projects be "taking away" from the next Halo game? This is the exact same concept.

The fact that people are upset at something for merely "existing" is absolutely mind boggling. If you don't like it, don't play it.

If you are so anxious for Halo 6 that you can't bear it, try reading some Halo novels, jump back into 5 or MCC or Halo Wars 2 to whet your appetite. Or play other videogames. I don't know what to tell those types of people. Just let 343i make the game, they'll let you know when it's ready.
ske7ch wrote:

I just think the problem is that it won’t be on Xbox. I know people wanted a ODST spinoff, but this is not what they wanted. If this is the last Halo game until Halo 6, then this won’t help the dryness of the franchise much.
If you can’t afford an Xbox one how do you afford gas or a vehicle to go to Dave and Busters you realize it’s not going to be 25 or 50 cents a play right. Your logic makes no sense it’s going to cost you more to go there and play than to set at the house and play.
If you can’t afford an Xbox one how do you afford gas or a vehicle to go to Dave and Busters you realize it’s not going to be 25 or 50 cents a play right. Your logic makes no sense it’s going to cost you more to go there and play than to set at the house and play.
i was talking about people who live near it, they might find it cheaper to play a game for 50 cents rather than 60 dollars

This post has been hidden.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
No one's twisting your arm to play it, zombie.
I don't see what the big deal is about a Halo arcade game truly. If it expands out to consoles someday, I'd pay at least $20 or so for a copy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4