Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

Scenes we didn't see in Halo CE

OP Blast88

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi again. So as I've seen videos of Halo: Fireteam Raven, there are three missions that concurrent with the CE missions such as Escape, Ice Canyon, and Last Stand as those concurrent with The Pillar of Autumn, Two Betrayals, and The Maw. I notice that seeing the videos, there are scenes and things added that we didn't see in Halo CE like the Master Chief shooting down a Flood Tank and passing by the ODST group in Ice Canyon which is set during the same time as Two Betrayals. So the question is could we end up having to add new scenes to The Pillar of Autumn, Two Betrayals, and The Maw in in Halo CE MCC on the PC? Now I know some of you think those scenes in Halo FR break canon but they actually are canon and since they are canon, these scenes should be added in Halo CE for reasons of accuracy of matching the Halo canon in Halo CE.
Blast88 wrote:
Hi again. So as I've seen videos of Halo: Fireteam Raven, there are three missions that concurrent with the CE missions such as Escape, Ice Canyon, and Last Stand as those concurrent with The Pillar of Autumn, Two Betrayals, and The Maw. I notice that seeing the videos, there are scenes and things added that we didn't see in Halo CE like the Master Chief shooting down a Flood Tank and passing by the ODST group in Ice Canyon which is set during the same time as Two Betrayals. So the question is could we end up having to add new scenes to The Pillar of Autumn, Two Betrayals, and The Maw in in Halo CE MCC on the PC? Now I know some of you think those scenes in Halo FR break canon but they actually are canon and since they are canon, these scenes should be added in Halo CE for reasons of accuracy of matching the Halo canon in Halo CE.
I doubt we'll see anything added.

The Two Betrayals one in particular is difficult to completely canonify unless we can say that it's during a period not seen during the mission.

The Maw and PoA ones there's no reason for us to see them in the game
MorseyBaby wrote:
Blast88 wrote:

The Two Betrayals one in particular is difficult to completely canonify unless we can say that it's during a period not seen during the mission.

I think there’s reasons to be seeing the side battles added into The Maw and PoA in Halo CE MCC (PC version) because as I stated, for accuracy. Otherwise, we could just create a Fireteam Raven scenes mod for Halo CE MCC PC instead.
For the most part, these Chief cameos can be reconciled with canon. The only one I recall reaching the level of canon breaking would be the cameo where Chief takes down a pure form. Pure forms don't come around until the creation of a Gravemind, if I recall correctly. Since the Gravemind wasn't fully formed in CE (it was merely a proto-Gravemind), pure forms and juggernauts shouldn't have ever made an appearance at all.
For the most part, these Chief cameos can be reconciled with canon. The only one I recall reaching the level of canon breaking would be the cameo where Chief takes down a pure form. Pure forms don't come around until the creation of a Gravemind, if I recall correctly. Since the Gravemind wasn't fully formed in CE (it was merely a proto-Gravemind), pure forms and juggernauts shouldn't have ever made an appearance at all.
Unless there was a Pure Form in containment which got realeased.
Blast88 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Blast88 wrote:

I think there’s reasons to be seeing the side battles added into The Maw and PoA in Halo CE MCC (PC version) because as I stated, for accuracy. Otherwise, we could just create a Fireteam Raven scenes mod for Halo CE MCC PC instead.
But they are exactly that: side battles. You don't need them to be in the games for them to be canon as they're happening elsewhere (nearby, but elsewhere)
To be honest I was just so excited when I was playing it I didn't really pay attention! 😂🙈 But I will play it again and have a real look!
MorseyBaby wrote:
Blast88 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Blast88 wrote:

But they are exactly that: side battles. You don't need them to be in the games for them to be canon as they're happening elsewhere (nearby, but elsewhere)
Perhaps if we don’t get to see those side battles in the PC release of Halo CE MCC, we could always create a mod that adds those Fireteam Raven side battles in the CE MCC PC levels that concurrent with FR levels.
Blast88 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Blast88 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Blast88 wrote:

Perhaps if we don’t get to see those side battles in the PC release of Halo CE MCC, we could always create a mod that adds those Fireteam Raven side battles in the CE MCC PC levels that concurrent with FR levels.
Certainly possible....
Well there are a lot of things we dont see. Do you think the Chief never uses the bathroom or sleeps or eats?
Do you think the Chief never uses the bathroom?
I always thought that's what the space diaper was for.

Jokes aside its all canon for the most part and I usually pick which version of it I enjoy more rather than trying to reconcile it over in my head.
Blast88 wrote:
I like the idea but I think if we see anything added, it would be in the form of Terminals similar to how Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary did with Terminals having cutscenes and information about Halo 5: Guardians campaign.
Blast88 wrote:
I like the idea but I think if we see anything added, it would be in the form of Terminals similar to how Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary did with Terminals having cutscenes and information about Halo 5: Guardians campaign.
Now anything added don't have to be just in the form of Terminals because the Terminals are screening information stuff and after all, I did remember seeing an Instagram post by the Halo Instagram account of an artwork of the new intro for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary but hey at least you like the idea of adding the FR side battles into HCE Anniversary.
Blast88 wrote:
Blast88 wrote:
Now anything added don't have to be just in the form of Terminals because the Terminals are screening information stuff and after all, I did remember seeing an Instagram post by the Halo Instagram account of an artwork of the new intro for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary but hey at least you like the idea of adding the FR side battles into HCE Anniversary.
The Terminals would load up/unlock videos that played through the Halo Waypoint Channel which is no longer used or updated. That's what I was referring to.
When the Master Chief appeared in the ice cannon I was in pure awe
That's quite understandable. I was also surprised to notice that when I first saw that. By the way, you spelled canyon wrong.
Blast88 wrote:
That's quite understandable. I was also surprised to notice that when I first saw that. By the way, you spelled canyon wrong.
I noticed
Storyline wise, I believe that there's supposed to be some artistic license to anything that occurs in Halo: FR or CE. In FR, whenever the ODSTs briefly encounter the Chief, it can be explained that he's either passing by, not noticing the members of FR, in which the FR characters may be in areas not normally accessible from the Chief's viewpoint or the encounters happen outside of the normal storyline; in other words, you never follow the Chief's exploits 100% of the time, so whenever he crosses paths with FR, it's during one of those undocumented moments.

Now, with certain creatures not appearing until a specific time, again, that will need some artistic license because FR is not really a 'traditional' Halo FPS game, just like Halo Wars is nothing like CE, except for the story canon.

It would be nice to have things re-done or re-adjusted for future iterations of Halo (CEA, 2, 3 etc.) But I feel that 343 Industries probably doesn't think anyone will really notice (or care) about those finer details.

Remember the hardcover "Halo Encyclopedia"? I'm guessing that a lot of the stuff in it may not be canon anymore.
ArgusFire wrote:
Storyline wise, I believe that there's supposed to be some artistic license to anything that occurs in Halo: FR or CE. In FR, whenever the ODSTs briefly encounter the Chief, it can be explained that he's either passing by, not noticing the members of FR, in which the FR characters may be in areas not normally accessible from the Chief's viewpoint or the encounters happen outside of the normal storyline; in other words, you never follow the Chief's exploits 100% of the time, so whenever he crosses paths with FR, it's during one of those undocumented moments.

Now, with certain creatures not appearing until a specific time, again, that will need some artistic license because FR is not really a 'traditional' Halo FPS game, just like Halo Wars is nothing like CE, except for the story canon.

It would be nice to have things re-done or re-adjusted for future iterations of Halo (CEA, 2, 3 etc.) But I feel that 343 Industries probably doesn't think anyone will really notice (or care) about those finer details.

Remember the hardcover "Halo Encyclopedia"? I'm guessing that a lot of the stuff in it may not be canon anymore.
Now regarding your statement about Halo Encyclopedia, I heard that errors did get fixed to make what are being said to be accurate when I was at the Halopedia page that's about the Halo Encyclopedia. I'm pretty sure 343I can still re-adjust or redo things for future iterations and like I stated at one of my above statements, the Halo Instagram account posted a picture of an artwork of a new intro for Halo CEA. I think it's possible thst many people at 343I think anyone would notice (or care) about those finer details.
I don't believe they will be adding anything like that to HCE.
They won't add anything. Even though there are "canon" events in the games, everything related to gameplay is fairly flexible. Everyone plays the game a little differently. My experience on Heroic Co-op vs Legendary Solo All Skulls On is going to very much change the game. For example, the "canon" version of Halo CE I suppose would be the book The Flood, but when things don't add up, I wouldn't stress too much over it because it's nearly impossible to make sure every little seam lines up in a huge franchise like Halo. Just enjoy it for what it is and recognize the limitations!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2