Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

Tips for a Newbie!

OP Phalanx4982

I've just found out that my local bowling alley has got one! I've never played before! Anything I should be aware of going into this brand new? :)
I've just found out that my local bowling alley has got one! I've never played before! Anything I should be aware of going into this brand new? :)
So does mine! It's pretty fun.

It's not terribly difficult. Come armed with like $10 if you want to play the whole thing? Not necessarily sure, because my bowling alley does one of those play card swipe things, and I was too lazy to do the math to see how much each of the chapters or whatever cost me.
Great, thanks.

What's the process for this QR code thing I keep hearing about?
Great, thanks.

Basically, it's if you want stat tracking/the forum badge or not (the badge is the first one on my profile under my name).

A Halo nerd like me wants those kind of things. Some people may not though.

You can tell if the arcade that you're attending has the QR code scanner activated if it looks like it's on. Some places don't, all it takes is a simple switch flip that doesn't cost the arcade owner anything - so if you want to you can call or email them if it's not activated.

What you'll want to do is when you're ready to play, have this site ready on your phone and logged in. Go to your service record, pull up Halo Fireteam Raven. There should be a QR code there that is linked to your gamertag. Hold your phone over the QR scanner AFTER you've paid for the machine, and it should turn green indicating you are signed in. Your player name will then change to your gamertag.

After that, blast away to your heart's content!
Great, thanks.

Basically, it's if you want stat tracking/the forum badge or not (the badge is the first one on my profile under my name).

You can tell if the arcade that you're attending has the QR code scanner activated if it looks like it's on. Some places don't, all it takes is a simple switch flip that doesn't cost the arcade owner anything - so if you want to you can call or email them if it's not activated.

What you'll want to do is when you're ready to play, have this site ready on your phone and logged in. Go to your service record, pull up Halo Fireteam Raven. There should be a QR code there that is linked to your gamertag. Hold your phone over the QR scanner AFTER you've paid for the machine, and it should turn green indicating you are signed in. Your player name will then change to your gamertag.

You sir, are a legend. Thank you. :) I might phone ahead and ask if they have the reader turned on.
In italy there is this game but the display to connect to Halowaypoint dont run ;(
Definitely call ahead.
Plan for $20 to beat the campaign.
Here is a video about the QR scanner Link
You can destroy banshees with an AR. Believe it or not I didn't know that when I first started, knowing that would gave saved me a few deaths.
Mine doesn’t have one=(
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Do any of y’all know where one is near Vidor???
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-fireteam-raven-location-listTEXAS
  • Dave & Buster's, 9450 N Central Expressway, Dallas, TX, 75231
  • Dave & Buster's, 849 E. Commerce, Suite 740, San Antonio, TX, 78205
  • Dave & Buster's, 6101 Gateway W, El Paso, TX, 79925
  • Dave & Buster's, 440 Crossroads Blvd, San Antonio, TX, 78201
  • Dave & Buster's, 704 Baybrook Mall Dr, Friendswood, TX, 77546
  • Dave & Buster's, 2700 W Expressway 83, Mcallen, TX, 78501
  • Dave & Buster's, 6010 Richmond Ave., Houston, TX, 77057
  • Dave & Buster's, 7620 Katy Fwy Suite 100, Houston, TX, 77024
  • Dave & Buster's, 9333 Research Blvd, Suite A600, Austin, TX, 78759
  • Dave & Buster's, 2601 Preston Rd. #1200, Frisco, TX, 75034
  • Dave & Buster's, 425 Curtis Mathes Way, Arlington, TX, 76018
  • Dave & Buster's, 2525 Rio Grande Blvd, Euless, TX, 76039
  • Main Event, 9375 Dallas Pkwy, Frisco, TX, 75033
  • Nickel Mania, 2661 Midway Rd, Carrollton, TX, 75006
  • Main Event, 6010 Marsha Sharp Fwy, Lubbock, TX, 79407
  • Alley Cats, 2008 W Pleasant Ridge, Arlington, TX, 76015
  • Bay Area Raceway, 3825 Gulf FWY, Dickinson, TX, 77539
  • 50th St. Caboose, 5027 50th St, Lubbock, TX, 79414
  • Times Square Grand Slam, 5201 S Broadway Ave Suite 170, Tyler, TX, 75703
  • Schulman’s Movie Bowl Grille, 6655 7th Street, Bay City, TX, 77414
  • Pla-Mor Family Fun Center, 2819 Bob Bullock Loop, Laredo, TX, 78045
  • Tornado Terry's, 4530 Keller Hicks Rd, Fort Worth, TX, 76244
  • Santikos Entertainment Mayan Palace, 1918 SW Military Dr, San Antonio, TX, 78221
  • Diversions Game Room, 9900 San Pedro Ave, San Antonio, TX, 78216
  • Santikos Entertainment Palladium, 17703 W Interstate 10 Frontage Road, San Antonio, TX 78257
  • Mr.Gatties Pizza, 1202 N Mechanic St, El Campo, TX, 77437
  • Main Event, 3106 State Highway 161, Grand Prairie, TX, 75052
  • Main Event, 5300 San Dario Avenue, Laredo, TX, 78041
Take your pick.
Looks like 2 in Houston.
Lockdown is on now, but when it's over, call ahead before you go to make sure it's still there
Dave and Busters seem to be the place to be after lockdown
I plan on playing this as well and was about to post a tips forum until I found this one. Well needed info!
Great, thanks.

This good to know cause one of the malls by me has one and i hope Super Play USA has one cause their a lot closer to me.
Sesu546 wrote:
I plan on playing this as well and was about to post a tips forum until I found this one. Well needed info!
Same here and Im surprised they didn't make one for mobile phones yet.