Waypoint link issues

OP AshamanND

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
[UPDATE EDIT]
If anyone is still having issues linking their profile when playing, have a look at my post on page 3 of this thread, quoting an email from Play Mechanix. Have fun everyone!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I thought I would make a fresh thread for people to report any issues they are having with linking their profile, specifically incomplete information. I've noticed it being discussed in multiple threads.

I know that 343 does not control the support for the game at all, and that the D&B (or others in different regions) staff should be responsible for actually hooking up the networking cables and such. I also know that Play Mechanix is the contact for issues during gameplay. But I would think that 343 would have something to do with how the information gets translated and posted onto HaloWaypoint.

Hopefully there can be some progress made to figuring out what's happening. Especially since Halo:Fireteam Raven is the main banner on the Waypoint main page right now.

So far, the issues I've noticed are:
  • 0/6 mission completed, even though I was logged in the entire time, and my profile shows stats for kills and accuracy on each mission.
  • Silhouette of the character I played as is not filled in (all four are still empty for all 6 missions).
  • None of my stats are showing on the global leaderboards for the various areas tracked.
EDIT:
My location was at the D&B in Oregon on August 11.
I played with my girlfriend who's stats show the exact same issue as me. n1njakarma
We played on story mode, start to finish, without missing a continue.
We sat on the same side, I was player 1 and she was player 2. The other side looked like there were lights not working, including the QR scanner area, so we avoided player 3/4.

2nd EDIT:
Made another visit to D&B, this time in Auburn Washington on Sunday, October 21, 2018.
Went with TheGrandLunar and some other friends.
Only player one could link their profile at this particular location.
All stats seem to be appearing properly on Waypoint for both of us, for our playthroughs as player one. This now includes 6/6 missions completed and the Silhouette being filled in.

1 issue remains - my stats do not show on the global leaderboards.
Here is a link to a photo I took of my total playthrough score. If you check the leaderboards and scroll down to that score - my GT isn't there.

GrimBrother One or ske7ch - Can either of you, or perhaps someone else at the studio comment on how the data collection works?
I get so many different answers whenever I try to talk to the employees/managers/tech people at the arcades.
Does data get sent to RawThrills/Play Mechanix first, and then to 343i, or directly to 343i?

Why would it collect/count some data, but not all?

[EDIT] or maybe MoreInfoNeeded? Any thoughts or insight into the linking and data collection?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm at Dave and Busters store 117 in Rogers Arkansas. We had to go back and reconfigure the machine to the settings we got in an email. It wasn't tracking before that. I think it only tracks stats if you complete the whole level. And only highlights a character if you complete the whole game with them on story mode.
I'm at Dave and Busters store 117 in Rogers Arkansas. We had to go back and reconfigure the machine to the settings we got in an email. It wasn't tracking before that. I think it only tracks stats if you complete the whole level. And only highlights a character if you complete the whole game with them on story mode.
Hey there, thanks for the reply! You work for D&B?

When you say it wasn't tracking before that, do you mean there was no gamertag linking working at all? Or just not tracking fully?

I played the game on story mode, start to finish without missing a continue.

I have some stats recorded on each level - accuracy, enemies killed, kill streak, high score, and deadliest enemy. Just no character highlight and 0/6 on the total missions counter.
Where: Dave and Busters, 2502 S 133rd Plaza #111, Omaha, NE 68144.

My girlfriend and I played through Fireteam Raven, twice, in back to back sessions. We connected our gamertags to the machine, successfully, but my girlfriend's stats didn't completely fill out nor register whereas mine did. Our gamertags are linked below so you can see the difference.

TheLegendary117
ChoaticInsomnia

Again, we played at the same time and synced our gamertags as well. It's odd that my stats registered but her's didn't.

My girlfriend and I played through Fireteam Raven, twice, in back to back sessions. We connected our gamertags to the machine, successfully, but my girlfriend's stats didn't completely fill out nor register whereas mine did. Our gamertags are linked below so you can see the difference.

TheLegendary117ChoaticInsomnia Again, we played at the same time and synced our gamertags as well. It's odd that my stats registered but her's didn't.
Hey thanks for jumping in.

Interestingly, I noticed that the stats seemed to kick in on mission 5 and 6 for you girlfriend.
I wonder if it had something to do with where you were sitting?
It appears that she was player 2 and you were player 4? This would mean you were sitting in separate 'pods' and maybe they each have their own connection?
AshamanND wrote:

TheLegendary117ChoaticInsomnia Again, we played at the same time and synced our gamertags as well. It's odd that my stats registered but her's didn't.

Interestingly, I noticed that the stats seemed to kick in on mission 5 and 6 for you girlfriend.
It appears that she was player 4 and you were player 2? This would mean you were sitting in separate 'pods' and maybe they each have their own connection?
Of course. And no, we were in the same pod, sitting right next to each other.
AshamanND wrote:

It appears that she was player 4 and you were player 2? This would mean you were sitting in separate 'pods' and maybe they each have their own connection?
The plot thickens.
It looks like your D&B location might have some wires crossed then!
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:

The plot thickens.
That's what I'm thinking. I guess we'll see if anything is done about it. I doubt it but who knows
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:

The plot thickens.
That's what I'm thinking. I guess we'll see if anything is done about it. I doubt it but who knows
That's the problem with so many levels of involvement.

Is it D&B (or other arcade in other regions), Play Mechanix, or 343?
Tough to tell for some things, but at least in your case, it sounds like someone needs to talk to the manager at that location and get them to run the setup properly again, like SilentArchangel was talking about.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:

The plot thickens.

Tough to tell for some things, but at least in your case, it sounds like someone needs to talk to the manager at that location and get them to run the setup properly again, like SilentArchangel was talking about.
I think it's a D&B issue because they have to assemble the games and get them in working/functioning order.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:

The plot thickens.

I think it's a D&B issue because they have to assemble the games and get them in working/functioning order.
Makes sense.

I've now emailed your location and the one I played at in Oregon to see if they have any response or know what's going on.

It's frustrating, because I actually called the Oregon location before I went to ask if the link was working and they said yes, that they hooked it all up.

I've also sent one to the Auburn Washington location, and they originally replied that it is up and running.
I've since sent a follow-up to them asking if they know anything about stats only partially tracking. Or if they know of someone that has got it work fully.

Hopefully they respond with something that makes sense.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:

The plot thickens.

Makes sense.

I've now emailed your location and the one I played at in Oregon to see if they have any response or know what's going on.

It's frustrating, because I actually called the Oregon location before I went to ask if the link was working and they said yes, that they hooked it all up.

I've also sent one to the Auburn Washington location, and they originally replied that it is up and running.
I've since sent a follow-up to them asking if they know anything about stats only partially tracking. Or if they know of someone that has got it work fully.

Id' be very curious to hear if they respond and if they do, what they say
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:

The plot thickens.

Makes sense.

My email to the Oregon location:Hello,I recently sent an email about a visit to the Oregon location to play Halo Fireteam Raven in late July, but didn't get a reply.Here is my original email:I live in Vancouver, BC and recently visited your location in Oregon while I was in Portland on vacation.I had a blast playing the new Halo game!Unfortunately, the connection to link a profile with Halowaypoint.com wasn't active yet. When I asked about it in store, I was told you are the one who knows about all of this sort of stuff.It was a little disappointing; as a huge Halo fan I love seeing my progress and stats. Also, being from Canada, this was a rare opportunity to play this game.I plan to be back in Portland again for a weekend later this year - do you know when the connection to Halowaypoint.com will be active? I would love to visit your store again to play, but likely only if the stats tracking is active.Thanks for your help! I returned to Portland this last weekend and visited your location again on Saturday, August 11th. I called in advance to ask if the link was working, and was told that yes it was.When I arrived and played, it appeared that some of the functions were working - not all of them were.
  • Player 3/4 seats had no connection to the profile link at all.
  • Player 1/2 seats had a connection, but not all of the stats were uploaded to Halowaypoint.com
  • Some of the lights on the guns for player 3/4 and on the outsides of the seats were not working.
I am concerned that this huge new product is not getting the attention it deserves. I visit Portland several times a year, and would like to come back and play.However, I can't justify spending $20 a visit to play the game, if it is not functioning properly.I have posted on the Halo message boards about this topic, and some employees from other D&B locations responded saying they had to run some configuration and settings checks to get things working properly.I would appreciate if you could let me know if there is a way to resolve these issues, for future visits.Thank you for your time.Best,CraigResponse from Oregon:

Good Morning Craig,I apologize for not responding to your last email about the Halo game inour location. Since that time we have worked to get ours online and, onceonline, had not heard about any issues of anyone linking to the HaloWaypoint and any stats not being uploaded. Thank you for bringing thatissue to my attention and I will delve deep into the game settings andconfigurations to figure out what the issue might be.The lights for P3/P4 as you noted have had issues and we are workingclosely with the game manufacturer to correct the issue. They have sent usmany solutions but none have worked so far but we are trying to remedy asquickly as possible so the game can stand out the way it was intended.Thank You,Amusement ManagerQuentin HarrisSenior Game TechnicianCraig Friday
Apparently I can't edit the spacing
Sorry for the brick of text.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:

The plot thickens.

Makes sense.

My email to the Oregon location:Hello,I recently sent an email about a visit to the Oregon location to play Halo Fireteam Raven in late July, but didn't get a reply.Here is my original email:I live in Vancouver, BC and recently visited your location in Oregon while I was in Portland on vacation.I had a blast playing the new Halo game!Unfortunately, the connection to link a profile with Halowaypoint.com wasn't active yet. When I asked about it in store, I was told you are the one who knows about all of this sort of stuff.It was a little disappointing; as a huge Halo fan I love seeing my progress and stats. Also, being from Canada, this was a rare opportunity to play this game.I plan to be back in Portland again for a weekend later this year - do you know when the connection to Halowaypoint.com will be active? I would love to visit your store again to play, but likely only if the stats tracking is active.Thanks for your help! I returned to Portland this last weekend and visited your location again on Saturday, August 11th. I called in advance to ask if the link was working, and was told that yes it was.When I arrived and played, it appeared that some of the functions were working - not all of them were.
  • Player 3/4 seats had no connection to the profile link at all.
  • Player 1/2 seats had a connection, but not all of the stats were uploaded to Halowaypoint.com
  • Some of the lights on the guns for player 3/4 and on the outsides of the seats were not working.
I am concerned that this huge new product is not getting the attention it deserves. I visit Portland several times a year, and would like to come back and play.However, I can't justify spending $20 a visit to play the game, if it is not functioning properly.I have posted on the Halo message boards about this topic, and some employees from other D&B locations responded saying they had to run some configuration and settings checks to get things working properly.I would appreciate if you could let me know if there is a way to resolve these issues, for future visits.Thank you for your time.Best,CraigResponse from Oregon:

Good Morning Craig,I apologize for not responding to your last email about the Halo game inour location. Since that time we have worked to get ours online and, onceonline, had not heard about any issues of anyone linking to the HaloWaypoint and any stats not being uploaded. Thank you for bringing thatissue to my attention and I will delve deep into the game settings andconfigurations to figure out what the issue might be.The lights for P3/P4 as you noted have had issues and we are workingclosely with the game manufacturer to correct the issue. They have sent usmany solutions but none have worked so far but we are trying to remedy asquickly as possible so the game can stand out the way it was intended.Thank You,Amusement ManagerQuentin HarrisSenior Game TechnicianCraig Friday
Glad to see you got a response! Hopefully they're doing as they told you and are working to get the machine up to 100% functioning condition so everyone can enjoy the game and everything it has to offer
Where: Dave & Busters 9450 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75231;
When: 8/19/2018

Played the first level with my brother all the way through, gamertag was on the screen the whole time. Stats are still not showing up. My brother's, Musik Lunatic, on the other hand, are up-to-date.

Played the first level with my brother all the way through, gamertag was on the screen the whole time. Stats are still not showing up. My brother's, Musik Lunatic, on the other hand, are up-to-date.
Hey, thanks for sharing!
Did you play Story mode or mission select?
Which player did you each play as?

I would also invite your brother Musik Lunatic to share his experience as well. It looks like from his service record he has 4 sessions played. Although only player 1 is highlighted in each mission for him.

I would be curious to know who he played as each time and if it was story mode or mission select.
Where Address: Dave and Busters at Philadelphia Mills, 1995 Franklin Mills Cir, Philadelphia, PA 19154
When: 8/27

Completed the entire campaign and still no stats for any of us. Also the center channel speaker was completely blown so there was no music and tons of crackles the game is great but the entire experience was ruined especially with the stats not uploading
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3