Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

Waypoint link issues

OP AshamanND

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
KeFkA XIII wrote:
Where Address: Dave and Busters at Philadelphia Mills, 1995 Franklin Mills Cir, Philadelphia, PA 19154
When: 8/27

Completed the entire campaign and still no stats for any of us. Also the center channel speaker was completely blown so there was no music and tons of crackles the game is great but the entire experience was ruined especially with the stats not uploading
Did your gamertag pop up on screen?

Did you notice if you scored enough points to get your gamertag on the machine's leaderboard?
How many people did you play with, and are you willing to share their gamertags?
AshamanND wrote:
Where: Dave & Busters 9450 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75231;
When: 8/19/2018

Played the first level with my brother all the way through, gamertag was on the screen the whole time. Stats are still not showing up. My brother's, Musik Lunatic, on the other hand, are up-to-date.
Hey, thanks for sharing!
Did you play Story mode or mission select?
Which player did you each play as?
I played story mode, as the Green character. I played today at Dave & Busters at 425 Curtis Mathes Way, Arlington, TX 76018, and the stats finally showed up, but they show me as playing the 2nd character on the left (Position 2, going left to right, since I can't remember their names), but I was definitely in Pos 3 the whole time. Still not sure why my last 2 attempts to play didn't show up.
AshamanND wrote:
Where: Dave & Busters 9450 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75231;
When: 8/19/2018

Played the first level with my brother all the way through, gamertag was on the screen the whole time. Stats are still not showing up. My brother's, Musik Lunatic, on the other hand, are up-to-date.
I would also invite your brother Musik Lunatic to share his experience as well. It looks like from his service record he has 4 sessions played. Although only player 1 is highlighted in each mission for him.

I would be curious to know who he played as each time and if it was story mode or mission select.
Yeah, he played that same position every time, and each time was story mode, or he jumped in the middle of a session.
AshamanND wrote:
Where: Dave & Busters 9450 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75231;
When: 8/19/2018

Played the first level with my brother all the way through, gamertag was on the screen the whole time. Stats are still not showing up. My brother's, Musik Lunatic, on the other hand, are up-to-date.
Hey, thanks for sharing!
Did you play Story mode or mission select?
Which player did you each play as?
I played story mode, as the Green character. I played today at Dave & Busters at 425 Curtis Mathes Way, Arlington, TX 76018, and the stats finally showed up, but they show me as playing the 2nd character on the left (Position 2, going left to right, since I can't remember their names), but I was definitely in Pos 3 the whole time. Still not sure why my last 2 attempts to play didn't show up.
Sounds like it isn't configured properly.

Most likely an issue with Dave & Busters, and their setup of the machine.
AshamanND wrote:
KeFkA XIII wrote:
Where Address: Dave and Busters at Philadelphia Mills, 1995 Franklin Mills Cir, Philadelphia, PA 19154
When: 8/27

Completed the entire campaign and still no stats for any of us. Also the center channel speaker was completely blown so there was no music and tons of crackles the game is great but the entire experience was ruined especially with the stats not uploading
Did your gamertag pop up on screen?

Did you notice if you scored enough points to get your gamertag on the machine's leaderboard?
How many people did you play with, and are you willing to share their gamertags?
Kefka xiii made the leaderboard, sheepishpython, namreh
I just noticed that I'm not anywhere on the leaderboard but two others are. This is strange.
I did everything right. It shows the barcode on my phone linked up. But no stats at all. Only completed one level but still didn't show that. Play different levels without completing but didn't show any of that.?
Can somebody give me a more detailed tutorial on how to link your account? Luckily I have got a Dave & Buster's about ten minutes from my home, so I do not really have to go out of my way to enjoy Halo: Fireteam Raven. In fact, I have done so twice now. And I have just found the instructions on how to link stat-tracking to Halo Waypoint to be unclear. The instructions on the cabinet itself are totally brief and incomplete, but it does give a link to access, which brings me to the Halo: Fireteam Raven stats page on this site. On this page, I am told to generate a QR code and scan it before my session begins. How do I do this? Perhaps the cabinet at my location is just faulty, but I found myself unable to link my account. On my first visit, I made it through half of the game before I realized I should link my account to the game. So I finished up that playthrough, bought more credit to play, and attempted to link my profile before beginning that second session. There is what looks like a scanner on the cabinet itself, so I generated my QR code and placed my phone face-down on the thing that looks like a scanner. I received no indication that anything had linked, but I decided to proceed with my second playthrough anyways, unsure if it had or had not linked. It was clear after I finished up that it had not linked properly.

My second visit was about a week later. I did not bother researching what went wrong before I went back again, but I did remember to link before I started my initial session this time. I took the same steps as last time and again received no confirmation of anything linking. Is there supposed to be some kind of confirmation? Am I doing something wrong in how I am attempting to link my account? Perhaps I have to scan the QR code previewed on the cabinet with my phone instead of attempting to scan the QR code generated on my phone with the cabinet? I am unsure. Anyways, I played through the game a third time and it was obvious again that I had not linked successfully. The instructions felt obvious at first, but now I am convinced that either I am a total moron or my cabinet's QR scanner is busted.
I did everything right. It shows the barcode on my phone linked up. But no stats at all. Only completed one level but still didn't show that. Play different levels without completing but didn't show any of that.?
Did you put your phone on the scanner when you played with your qr code showing on your phone screen?
dude527
sounds like you did everything right.
You need to have an image of the qr code to put onto the scanner of the cabinet. If it was on your phone screen, make sure the code is a good size and visible.
when it scans correctly, you actually get a welcome notification on the game screen.
you will also see your gamer tag while you play, at the end of each level with your score for that level.

The first time I played, the D&B I went to didnt hook up the scanner yet.

This is probably the case for you. Best to talk to the GM of your localD&B as they are probably the only ones that can fix it.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Where: Dave & Busters 9450 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75231;
When: 8/19/2018

Played the first level with my brother all the way through, gamertag was on the screen the whole time. Stats are still not showing up. My brother's, Musik Lunatic, on the other hand, are up-to-date.
Hey, thanks for sharing!
Did you play Story mode or mission select?
Which player did you each play as?
I played story mode, as the Green character. I played today at Dave & Busters at 425 Curtis Mathes Way, Arlington, TX 76018, and the stats finally showed up, but they show me as playing the 2nd character on the left (Position 2, going left to right, since I can't remember their names), but I was definitely in Pos 3 the whole time. Still not sure why my last 2 attempts to play didn't show up.
Sounds like it isn't configured properly.

Most likely an issue with Dave & Busters, and their setup of the machine.
Thats a problem with the one i go to as well, and every time i talk to the staff i get a confident wrong anwser from them. I think the machine. Is just set up wrong, his and mine

speficaly whats wrong is the two right characters, or scanerss, link up to the left characters screens and guns. However the left two scaners dont do anything at all, they dont even sync up to the right side. So yes, i would balme dave and busters, allthough they claim its the servers.
Regice554 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Where: Dave & Busters 9450 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75231;
When: 8/19/2018

Played the first level with my brother all the way through, gamertag was on the screen the whole time. Stats are still not showing up. My brother's, Musik Lunatic, on the other hand, are up-to-date.
Hey, thanks for sharing!
Did you play Story mode or mission select?
Which player did you each play as?
I played story mode, as the Green character. I played today at Dave & Busters at 425 Curtis Mathes Way, Arlington, TX 76018, and the stats finally showed up, but they show me as playing the 2nd character on the left (Position 2, going left to right, since I can't remember their names), but I was definitely in Pos 3 the whole time. Still not sure why my last 2 attempts to play didn't show up.
Sounds like it isn't configured properly.

Most likely an issue with Dave & Busters, and their setup of the machine.
Thats a problem with the one i go to as well, and every time i talk to the staff i get a confident wrong anwser from them. I think the machine. Is just set up wrong, his and mine

speficaly whats wrong is the two right characters, or scanerss, link up to the left characters screens and guns. However the left two scaners dont do anything at all, they dont even sync up to the right side. So yes, i would balme dave and busters, allthough they claim its the servers.
Well just goes to show how poorly D&B is rolling this out.

I don't really blame 343i at all for this, but I do wish they had more influence on how their IP is being represented and implemented.
I thought there were some dedicated staff at 343i to work with other studios and to work with the EU in general - staff to make sure that the Halo franchise grows outside of the mainline games. Perhaps they should be in contact with D&B HQ and be monitoring this somewhat? Or maybe it is Play Mechanix that is responsible to deal with the arcade owners, and therefore 343i should be monitoring Play Mechanix's support.

Who knows. All I know is that with so many hands and different levels of responsibility, no one seems to actually take responsibility.

I had SOME luck in Portland, on my second visit. This was after talking to the GM and the head Tech guy at the location to sort their sh*t out. My first visit, they didn't have it hooked up at all. My second visit it was hooked up, but it looks like the stats didn't fully track - maybe an issue with Halo Waypoint, or Playmechanix servers - I dunno where the information actually goes once it leaves the arcade terminal itself.

In any event, my best advice is to talk to the GM of your location before you visit.
Yeah im going to have to becuase i have talked to 2 diferent tech people there and both were no help.
Where: Hollywood Bowl, Valley Centertainment, Sheffield Leisure Park, Broughton Ln, Sheffield S9 2EP, United Kingdom

When: 07/10/18 - 7th October

Issue: Me and my fiancee have played missions 1-3 and were both logged into our gamertags. I have no stats at all but my fiancee does. I was Victor Ramos (player 3) and she was Ava Lang (player 4)

Gamertags/Service Records:

Connor Pett
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo-fireteam-raven/service-record/players/connor%20pett

Jadeebabesx
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo-fireteam-raven/service-record/players/jadeebabesx

Please Help.

Many Thanks.

Edit: did another session with same characters and tracked missions 4-5 but as wrong character.

This session it didn't track my fiancee's stats.

I wasn't player 2 at all in any of my sessions but my stats said I was.
If I had to say another issue for Stat tracking for Raven, it's that there are no stats available for separately played sessions, only your best overall score. I'd very much like a breakdown on play history instead. Would help to figure out where and when I played and during what session I played a mission better in.
If I had to say another issue for Stat tracking for Raven, it's that there are no stats available for separately played sessions, only your best overall score. I'd very much like a breakdown on play history instead. Would help to figure out where and when I played and during what session I played a mission better in.
That would be cool.
Sounds like that is something more on 343's end.

I'd love for the basics to be going properly though. I'll be in Auburn Washington hopefully this month to test out the D&B there.
500 Southdale Ctr, Edina, MN 55435
10/10/2018

Played through the entire story as the orange ODST. I had three buddies with me. None of them got anything updated either... what an embarrassment. Even worse is I traveled 250 miles to this place since I was visiting. 🙄 I guess I will try in a few months whenever I get back.
Pluto70 wrote:
500 Southdale Ctr, Edina, MN 55435
10/10/2018

Played through the entire story as the orange ODST. I had three buddies with me. None of them got anything updated either... what an embarrassment. Even worse is I traveled 250 miles to this place since I was visiting. 🙄 I guess I will try in a few months whenever I get back.
Thanks for sharing, sorry to hear it didn't work.
Did you and your friends generate QR codes?

Did you put your phone with the code displayed face down on the scanners?
AshamanND wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
500 Southdale Ctr, Edina, MN 55435
10/10/2018

Played through the entire story as the orange ODST. I had three buddies with me. None of them got anything updated either... what an embarrassment. Even worse is I traveled 250 miles to this place since I was visiting. 🙄 I guess I will try in a few months whenever I get back.
Thanks for sharing, sorry to hear it didn't work.
Did you and your friends generate QR codes?

Did you put your phone with the code displayed face down on the scanners?
Yeah, but I did notice the gamertag wasnt always there. Tried to rescan often and eventually asked an employee what was going on and got a generic "Our manager will look into it."
Pluto70, I think that the trend we are noticing is that this arcade machine has a few more bells and whistles than the average employee cares to deal with.

If we want the best arcade experience possible, we need to contact the location GM, before visiting. Get them to respond in writing that it worksThen if it doesn't work when we visit, ask for our money back or additional free play time..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3