Forgive me but I'm going to be cursing go off the rails:
So I did everything Halo waypoint told me to do when it came to logging into fireteam Raven to track my progressI hate to be the guy that complains rest in 15 -Yoinking!- dollars on a -Yoink- game it didn't even scan my -Yoinking!- QR code I'm literally so irate even the round one employee did not know what the hell I was talking about we're asking him. So kudos to round 1 for not properly training their employees and to them wasting my time and money 😡😠😡😠 I would have been totally impressive an awesome experience if it were not for the fact that I just feel ripped off.
also update for some reason the QR code doesn't seem to want to load on Halo waypoint I guess you guys even managed to muck that up for me too.
You've got 2 options, the Halo Channel App, and the Halo Waypoint Website.
It's very tricky, if you were just logged in to halo waypoint and its not working or the QR code isn't loading, log out of your profile, log back in and if that doesn't work load a new QR code using the link located below it. And if you want to make sure others don't use your logged in account you can click the unlink button.

It sucks that the employees didn't know any better, but I figured it all out by looking online.

Sorry you had a terrible first experience. =/
KRSTice23 wrote:
You've got 2 options, the Halo Channel App, and the Halo Waypoint Website.
It's very tricky, if you were just logged in to halo waypoint and its not working or the QR code isn't loading, log out of your profile, log back in and if that doesn't work load a new QR code using the link located below it. And if you want to make sure others don't use your logged in account you can click the unlink button.

It sucks that the employees didn't know any better, but I figured it all out by looking online.

Sorry you had a terrible first experience. =/
Thank you
I was told to pay for the game first, then scan the QR code. I'm going to try that next time I go back to Dave and Busters.
I always have the code ready, you insert the credits, hit start button, then immediately scan your qr code, then pick what mission or story mode(mission1) you want to play.

If you pick missions and pick mission 2, it will automatically go to mission 3 after, all the way through mission 6. Then the game will end and credits will role and you'll have to enter more credits.

At this point, I usually switch characters so I insert my credits rescan QR code and then select my mission.

I think The mistake people make is they select and start the mission before scanning. You have a little bit of time to scan your QR after you insert credits and hit the start button. -hope this helps, feel free to post here if you have trouble while your there! I might be able to walk you through the issue.

Which location are you playing at?
buzzsaw135 wrote:
I was told to pay for the game first, then scan the QR code. I'm going to try that next time I go back to Dave and Busters.
Dang I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I haven't been able to play this yet, I'm sure it was just some glitch or something that doesn't happen often. I'm sorry
KRSTice23 wrote:
I always have the code ready, you insert the credits, hit start button, then immediately scan your qr code, then pick what mission or story mode(mission1) you want to play.

If you pick missions and pick mission 2, it will automatically go to mission 3 after, all the way through mission 6. Then the game will end and credits will role and you'll have to enter more credits.

At this point, I usually switch characters so I insert my credits rescan QR code and then select my mission.

I think The mistake people make is they select and start the mission before scanning. You have a little bit of time to scan your QR after you insert credits and hit the start button. -hope this helps, feel free to post here if you have trouble while your there! I might be able to walk you through the issue.

Which location are you playing at?
buzzsaw135 wrote:
They have a Dave and Busters here in Marietta, Ga.
Try to work with round one, many places don't know anything about Raven scanners. Also try again to get the QR code to generate. Then when you have one, try finding a Raven that has lit up scanners. This can be tricky because they can sometimes be on or off even at the same location. In edition the scanner can literally just turn off for a bit. Sometimes the scanner is working then mid mission it turns off. I'm still logged in but the scanner is off for any one else trying to log in after me. I also noticed the scanners turning off after the halo ring explodes.

This post has been hidden.

Also some phones dim automatically when you face them downwards. I know better becuase I travel a bunch and like at the airport your screen brightness should be all the way up to avoid issues.

And depending on your settings it may auto dim back down when you set the phone on the scanner.
I had issues with this when I tried. The answer for me was link the QR code about 2 minutes prior. Make sure you don't have any dimming, (In fact, making the brightness appropriately bright helped a lot) effects on your phone. Also, make sure you pay first, that was the thing that worked for me.

Not really sure about the other issues you're having. Sounds a bit more like User error, but, the machines might have been jacked up from being abused my drunks. lol $15ish dollars is a lot of money though.. xD like too much.
Forgive me but I'm going to be cursing go off the rails:
So I did everything Halo waypoint told me to do when it came to logging into fireteam Raven to track my progressI hate to be the guy that complains rest in 15 -Yoinking!- dollars on a -Yoink- game it didn't even scan my -Yoinking!- QR code I'm literally so irate even the round one employee did not know what the hell I was talking about we're asking him. So kudos to round 1 for not properly training their employees and to them wasting my time and money 😡😠😡😠 I would have been totally impressive an awesome experience if it were not for the fact that I just feel ripped off.
also update for some reason the QR code doesn't seem to want to load on Halo waypoint I guess you guys even managed to muck that up for me too.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Unfortunately, most Dave & Busters locations only have one or two people on staff who are trained for setup, maintain, and fix the various arcade machines on the floor. The QR scanner is the one aspect of Fireteam Raven that people have issues with. When you have hundreds of people a day coming through and playing, there are bound to be issues.

If you decide to go again, go on a Wednesday because all games are half price.
Worth also saying the most common issue is just that the QR scanner isn't on: you can tell because the translucent plastic around it will be illuminated. If it isn't, you know it isn't connected and won't scan