Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

What's this game like?

OP PLASMASPARTAN54

I'm curious. Have any of you played this game at a Dave & Busters and what was it like? I myself haven't been to a Dave & Busters in two years, and at the time this Halo game wasn't released.
Have a peak through this forum, there are already several threads with people sharing their experiences.
I'm curious. Have any of you played this game at a Dave & Busters and what was it like? I myself haven't been to a Dave & Busters in two years, and at the time this Halo game wasn't released.
The game is really simple from a gameplay wise: aim, shoot, reload, and occasionally throw grenades. You are on a "rail" so there is no movement. The game is designed to make you swipe your card as many times as possible so it is inevitable you will die. Regardless, the game is really fun and I highly recommend playing through all of the missions at least once.
It is a rail shooter, but it doesn't seem "cheap" to steal credits (Dave and Buster's uses a credit system). It it awesome seeing some of the lore of what was going on during H:CE. I wish one was closer to me to play more. You get to shoot different weapons in different scenarios and it transitions well. The only thing about the game (other than the mechanical issue of the broken scanners...) is I couldn't really hear the dialogue during cutscenes.
is it just a mix of gears of war + Halo?
It's a GREAT game as an arcade shooter, but running out of clip on a plasma rifle and ultra rapid fire+massive clip shotgun and rocket launcher breaks the continuity in my brain
The single most descriptive word I can think of to describe it is... expensive.
The single most descriptive word I can think of to describe it is... expensive.
Yeah i have spent alot.... But i did enjoy the time and money i spent on raven. Also, with luck it has the added effect of promoting future projects similar to raven.