Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

Worth driving out an hour and a half to play?

OP MRL114

Hi! A friend of mine has a birthday coming up and she’s a huge Halo fan. The nearest Dave & Busters is about an hour and a half away from us, and I’m wondering if my buddies and I should surprise her with a trip there to play Fireteam Raven (obviously we’d do other stuff too, but FTR would be the highlight). Is the game worth it for a Halo nut, or do y’all think it’d be disappointing?
MRL114 wrote:
Hi! A friend of mine has a birthday coming up and she’s a huge Halo fan. The nearest Dave & Busters is about an hour and a half away from us, and I’m wondering if my buddies and I should surprise her with a trip there to play Fireteam Raven (obviously we’d do other stuff too, but FTR would be the highlight). Is the game worth it for a Halo nut, or do y’all think it’d be disappointing?
The game is fun if you invest enough time into doing it, besides if you do take him there then I doubt that be the only thing you do at an arcade. Even when you're done with Fireteam Raven, you should be doing other things to have fun as well.
MRL114 wrote:
If you're a Halo fan, it's absolutely worth doing. It isn't AMAZING but anyone who is a big Halo fan would enjoy the experience.

If you're American though, who knows how the arcade will be affected from COVID-19. If you're not, you may be lucky enough to experience it this winter.
MRL114 wrote:
If you're a Halo fan, it's absolutely worth doing. It isn't AMAZING but anyone who is a big Halo fan would enjoy the experience.

If you're American though, who knows how the arcade will be affected from COVID-19. If you're not, you may be lucky enough to experience it this winter.
I agree with that it's worth doing. I will say with COVID they over clean the machines so scanning to get your QR code to work is a pain. The game itself is based on the book the Flood from 2001, a novelization of Halo Combat Evolved. You play as a band of ODSTs during the battle of Alpha Halo.
COVID aside, yes. It is 100% worth it. Sadly, the QR scanners at my Dave and Busters were all removed, so I was not able to track my second playthrough and get full credit.
I played it once and it really wasn't that great. It was somewhat fun but yeah nothing spectacular. I would say it isn't worth the drive, but for a birthday where the point is going out of your way to do something nice even if it really isn't worth it then yeah go for it, have fun!
For me it was worth going through the campaign once after being hiatus from the Halo Universe. Didn't expect MC to drop by here and there. If you ever get the chance to experience the game, play through the 1st chapter. If you like what you see, chuck in more quarters and continue your adventure solo or co-op :)
MRL114 wrote:
Honestly unless you really care about things like flood pure forms and other things that could take you away from the experience if your a lore nerd, then go for it, i'm only really going to play it to get the waypoint badge.
I still haven't played it. I ended up watching a play through on Youtube, and I feel it was a worthwhile experience. After watching the play through, I can't say a 1.5 hour trip is worth it.. But you say you wanna take a couple friends out to play it. In that case, a road trip and making a whole day of it is probably worth the experience. I've done road trips with friends to get over hyped food before, and it was worth it because the experience with my friends was too much fun to pass up.
The best is to play it in the big deluxe 4 person pod thing... The small 2 seater isn't as fun as the giant screen and awesomeness of a full fire team :D