Forums / Games / Halo: Fireteam Raven

You Can Buy Halo Fireteam Raven...

OP TheLegendary117

For the cool price of $66,999.99 USD! According to the 2018 Halo Holiday Gift Guide, you can actually buy Halo Fireteam Raven from a company based in the United Kingdom. Here's the link for anyone who is curious. Free delivery and installation, too!

That price tag is insane!
Ouch thats expensive. Be nice if they ported to something like Nintendo Switch so I can play with the Joycons like with House of the Dead on Wii.
Damn my price of around 25k was a little off...hahaha
Free delivery you say?
There is another thread that shows they are making a two player version of the game so maybe that one will be half price since it's half the size? But that is still $33.5k.
LethalQ wrote:
There is another thread that shows they are making a two player version of the game so maybe that one will be half price since it's half the size? But that is still $33.5k.
I’ve seen prices quoted around $15K for the upcoming 2-player model I referenced in my thread. We'll see what becomes available.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I’ve seen prices quoted around $15K for the upcoming 2-player model I referenced in my thread. We'll see what becomes available.
We'll see what happens. According to the "Duty in Battle" Halo Community Update from 5/24/2018, "Halo: Fireteam Raven will be available on a broader level through distributors later this year. Additional information will be available then." So maybe once its official, it'll be added in the Halo Community Update?
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
We'll see what happens. According to the "Duty in Battle" Halo Community Update from 5/24/2018, "Halo: Fireteam Raven will be available on a broader level through distributors later this year. Additional information will be available then." So maybe once its official, it'll be added in the Halo Community Update?
At this stage, it’s important to keep in mind that these are arcade machines being marketed and priced for commercial use, often with one or multi-year leases or other financing.

As time goes on, it’s possible they might decide to offer something like the 2-player unit for a high-end consumer market. What do you think, would there be decent interest at $9.5K or so?
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
At this stage, it’s important to keep in mind that these are arcade machines being marketed and priced for commercial use, often with one or multi-year leases or other financing.

As time goes on, it’s possible they might decide to offer something like the 2-player unit for a high-end consumer market. What do you think, would there be decent interest at $9.5K or so?
At even just under 10k, I don't see that really hitting a consumer market for in-home use, really. Even the high end.

-We'd need to ask ourselves, what is the size of the home consumer market for arcade machines in general?
-Then, what percentage of that market would be interested in a Halo machine? (Perhaps we could also look the other way - the size of the Halo market, then what % could actually afford 10k).
-Finally, how does 10k stack up against other, home consumer arcade cabinet prices?

I don't know the answers to these, but I suspect even at that price, there would not be enough demand in the home market to push sales there.
Rather, I think this lower price would likely be very interesting to smaller arcades - or other establishments like bars and community centres or others where there might be a couple of machines, but not specifically an arcade.
What about a 2 for 1 deal? Or buy 5 and get the 6th one 1.17% off? Or buy 3 and get 0.43% off the next one you purchase? Its all about those deals and then people will buy them up so fast it'll be like its bread in revolutionary France.
WHAT? I estimated this at like 25k tops. Nearly 70k is quite the investment, even for the most avid collector.

"Samsonite! I was way off!"
It's a very big investment to make
Im sure some rich guy, or gal, will buy one of these for their mega mansion. Personally, that's way too much money for a game that you can beat in 45 minutes.
Someone want to give me some money? I'll pay you back by letting you play it at my house as much as you want and at any time...
HC Lasky wrote:
Someone want to give me some money? I'll pay you back by letting you play it at my house as much as you want and at any time...
That's tempting but I'd have to insist that every time I come over, it becomes a full blown LAN party! I'll bring the gear, about a dozen friends, and we'll all chip in for pizza and drinks. Sound fair?
HC Lasky wrote:
That's tempting but I'd have to insist that every time I come over, it becomes a full blown LAN party! I'll bring the gear, about a dozen friends, and we'll all chip in for pizza and drinks. Sound fair?
You had me sold at LAN party.
HC Lasky wrote:
HC Lasky wrote:
You had me sold at LAN party.
YEAH BUDDY! We'll rotate through Fireteam Raven to see who can get the highest score while we switch things up between MCC and Halo Reach. We'll kick it old school!