I read that attendees will be able to make their own cosplay. What level of cosplay are we talking about? I’m hopeful that it’s the full-on real deal, like how you see other people make those amazing suits.
I know the 405th are going to be there in full Spartan suits. I imagine whatever level of cosplay you can manage will be welcomed :)
stckrboy wrote:
I know the 405th are going to be there in full Spartan suits. I imagine whatever level of cosplay you can manage will be welcomed :)
Sounds cool to me, but I think I didn’t convey that question right. What I meant was since they said those who come can make their own cosplay at the event itself. I understood it as, ‘there will be a cosplay construction station where materials will be provided by us to make your own cosplay’ sort of thing. If this is the case, I’m even more inclined to go.
stckrboy wrote:
Sounds cool to me, but I think I didn’t convey that question right. What I meant was since they said those who come can make their own cosplay at the event itself. I understood it as, ‘there will be a cosplay construction station where materials will be provided by us to make your own cosplay’ sort of thing. If this is the case, I’m even more inclined to go.
you sure they said AT the event?
https://halooutpostdiscovery.com/faqs/
Quote:
PLAY. LEARN. CONNECT.

Take advantage of hundreds of game stations to play, compete, and explore the Halo game library. Attend one of our many themed panels and learn how the Halo universe is made. Or take part in one of the many available community events to learn how to stream, build a cosplay costume, or even design your own video game.
Other than what's been posted there, we don't really know any more about this right now. Could always send a tweet to the Outpost twitter account, or ask on the next social stream, but it might need to wait until closer to the time for more details.
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:
PLAY. LEARN. CONNECT.

Take advantage of hundreds of game stations to play, compete, and explore the Halo game library. Attend one of our many themed panels and learn how the Halo universe is made. Or take part in one of the many available community events to learn how to stream, build a cosplay costume, or even design your own video game.
Other than what's been posted there, we don't really know any more about this right now. Could always send a tweet to the Outpost twitter account, or ask on the next social stream, but it might need to wait until closer to the time for more details.
Yeah, just have to wait and see for now
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:
PLAY. LEARN. CONNECT.

Yeah, just have to wait and see for now
Yeah, it's just a waiting game. During last week's Halo Social Stream they basically said that the finer details have yet to be set in stone. What was announced and the list of things that will be included in the tour is essentially all that can be said at this time. I would imagine that in the coming weeks/months, the finer details will be released as everything becomes official.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
stckrboy wrote:
Haven't ever seen anything like that at any large con I've been too, so I doubt it.
You could always go low-tech and do a Spartan trainee. All you need is a black T-shirt, olive drab cargo pants, and a stencil for your chosen number.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I read that attendees will be able to make their own cosplay. What level of cosplay are we talking about? I’m hopeful that it’s the full-on real deal, like how you see other people make those amazing suits.
We will likely see cosplay of all kinds and characters attending the event. I am certain that we will see many gatherings from communities like 405th.
Are you thinking that they mean there will be a spot where you can make your own cosplay there at the convention? I don't think that's what they mean, but hey maybe that is the case. Maybe you can get 343's attention and they might answer that question for you. I haven't seen a convention do this before so I'm assuming they mean you can bring your own cosplay to the event.