Forums / Community / Halo: Outpost Discovery

Odst drop pod simulator experience

OP BeneficBen

Although I'm not sure if all the Outpost experiences have already been finalized or if 343 are still considering events to include, I'd like to put forward my suggestion for an experience that I have been thinking about..

This would be very similar to those aircraft cockpit simulators that are occasionally available at museums, except that this version would use a full size, moving, Drop Pod and the VR would use the drop cutscene from Halo 3: ODST.
This is an example of what would be displayed inside the VR headset.
Pod design.

ODST Drop Pod Experience:
During your time at Halo: Outpost Discovery, you will have the opportunity to enlist in the Helljumpers and experience dropping feet first into hell for yourself. This incomparable experience allows you to enter a life-size SOEIV simulator and, with the magic of VR, you will be able to experience being dropped into the fight for Earth!

BeneficBen wrote:
Although I'm not sure if all the Outpost experiences have already been finalized or if 343 are still considering events to include, I'd like to put forward my suggestion for an experience that I have been thinking about..

This would be very similar to those aircraft cockpit simulators that are occasionally available at museums, except that this version would use a full size, moving, Drop Pod and the VR would use the drop cutscene from Halo 3: ODST.
This is what it would be displayed inside the VR headset.

ODST Drop Pod Experience:During your time at Halo: Outpost Discovery, you will have the opportunity to enlist in the Helljumpers and experience dropping feet first into hell for yourself. This incomparable experience allows you to enter a life-size Drop Pod simulator and, with the magic of VR, you will be able to experience being dropped into the fight for Earth!
This sounds like a brilliant idea. Would still work with a screen as the windows rather than VR.
I think they would have already finalized everything since the event is happening this year. But, this is a wonderful idea regardless and something they could (and hopefully do) include in a future event.
tuhin94 wrote:
I think they would have already finalized everything since the event is happening this year. But, this is a wonderful idea regardless and something they could (and hopefully do) include in a future event.
If Outpost performs well, it might be something they'd consider adding for next year or later.

I think it'd go down very well with the ODST cosplayers out there! :D
That would seem cool.
That’s something I would love to experience. If not this year, hopefully they take this feedback for Year 2.

Good idea!
That’s an amazing idea. I’m pretty sure something like that would really pull a crowd. Since the only real drop pod experience is in ODST.
Very cool. The idea would seem practical / well suited for a drop pod experience!