It's just to share a good link about the automatic difficulty, how the level increase and boosts for the A.I.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1178477
Spoiler:
Show
According to the link, the level increase based on your ressources Vs. the A.I. (or the other team) , you need to have a better "total" winning don't matter (I never got more than 5) .

I don't know for the win/loss thing but the ressource one is true I guess, when I finish the game with 99 999 ressources and the A.I. depleted, I jump 5 levels straight (sometimes 4) .

Now the game give better stats for the A.I (copy/paste) :

- Economy Multiplier - On legendary (1.0), AI gets 133% normal supplies. On hyper-legendary (2.0), AI gets 233% normal supplies

- Death Match build\train Multiplier - On legendary (1.0), AI gets 50% boost. On hyper-legendary (2.0), AI gets 140% boost

- Damage Given - On legendary (1.0), AI gets 33% boost. On hyper-legendary (2.0), AI gets 133% boost

- Damage Taken - On legendary (1.0), AI takes 75% normal damage. On hyper-legendary (2.0), AI takes 40% normal damage

About increasing the level, don't quit the match like that, if you're losing avoid the in-game option.

When you play a match to increase the level you want to have total map control so don't let the A.I. expand too much, based on my experience against an UNSC leader, they randomly build a barracks, a vehicle depot or an airpad and usually build another on his next base, if there is an airpaid or a vehicle depot, expect maximum trouble (vultures or scorpions) , infantry is a lot easier to deal with (if it's a Cutter, don't let him upgrade to ODSTs) .

What I do with a Covenant leader is a scarab rush (not mine) , I focus on supplies, no turrets, no units (unless it's to capture useful locations like reactors) , only a temple and a shield generator last (to buy the scarab some time in case I'm attacked) .

Once the scarab is there (and likely attacking units that are running away) go for the base and place the scarab in a such way he attack new units but never shoot the base, usually the A.I. have a second base so if you can move the scarab to destroy any barracks/vehicle depot/airpad and go back to the main base, move your leader to the second to block the A.I.

Now you have control, take all bases and build warehouses then blessed warehouses, make sure your 3 stars scarab get support to last forever and attacks the buildings with anything but the scarab, you better use your leader or a weak unit (still fast enough to destroy things before they are finished) .

Warning : when you move to destroy buildings, keep an eye on the scarab, sometimes he attack the base when you have an unit nearby but don't place the scarab too far, you don't want to find a lot of enemy units at the gates.

Against a Covenant leader I can't tell but I just finished a match (me Cutter, the A.I. Arbiter) and to my surprise the A.I. tried to rush me with suicide grunts with only warehouses, a temple and a shield generator + fuel rod turrets at the base, that was easier and shorter than an UNSC leader but I guess part of this was luck...

Spoiler:
Show
Well that's certainly interesting. It would take a long time to get the difficulty to 200, but it would be hilarious to see how OP it is.
Build faster, train units faster, more damaging, more tough, get supplies faster (233% rofl) ...

I want to say the "super legendary" is around 145 because the A.I. had a second base with a lot of buildings on already and I just build scorpions to repel and launch a counter attack (unsuccessful) .

I guess rushing a scarab is no longer possible since the A.I. is ready before you are supposed to and you have to fight stronger units on the top of that.
I got to 200 playing the original 360 version. I played 3v3 with all Forge against all Arbiter. It's a pretty easy win even at 200 if you focus on training spartans and maxing Grizzlies to 18 stars. I ususally only use one base and never lost that way. It os ridiculous how strong and fast the AI units are though.
I got to 200 playing the original 360 version. I played 3v3 with all Forge against all Arbiter. It's a pretty easy win even at 200 if you focus on training spartans and maxing Grizzlies to 18 stars. I ususally only use one base and never lost that way. It os ridiculous how strong and fast the AI units are though.
A Scarab on high Automatic can easily damage the mighty 100% Grizzly army led by three 14 stars, die and come back before you recovered.

High Automatic is mostly random, 2v2 and 3v3 are simply increasing both sides of the luck.

+ dat bump but Automatic difficulty is serious business