Did you know that Forge was intended to be a buildable hero and that the Scarab had an upgrade that multiplied it's base health and damage by 195%?
No I did not know this. Did you learn this from Halo wiki?
the Scarab had an upgrade that multiplied it's base health and damage by 195%
Sweet mother of God.
Sweet mother of God.
Agreed... It would mean an end to the war... Thank god they cut this.
Sweet mother of God.
The Vulture had the same upgrade too, I assume they took them out because then the Scarab and Vulture would dominate.
I think that with DE, some of the glitches like the Canister Shell glitch got patched. Although that fact is not entirely related to everything else, it did allow you to destroy someone's base pretty quickly with only a few scorpions.
I think that with DE, some of the glitches like the Canister Shell glitch got patched. Although that fact is not entirely related to everything else, it did allow you to destroy someone's base pretty quickly with only a few scorpions.
False. Canny shell glitch still works. Also to buildings if you cryo the base. Every glitch that wasn't patched at the end of Halo Wars (360) is available to exploit in DE. Canny glitch those hunters!
Sweet mother of God.
"If the Covenant gets their hands on that upgrade, it will mean the end of the war."- Cpt. Cutter, line was cut after the upgrade was removed :P
Scarabs and vultures are pretty weak against massed very units. If they priced the upgrades big enough than it would break game mechanics and would give these units some staying power that they completely lack in the late game. A scarab army is usually easily defeated by an army of almost any normal unit being produced in mass. Flame throwers and jackals don't kill scarabs but everything else will pretty much.
Steam mods, probably.
Schmuckey wrote:
Also to buildings if you cryo the base.
That got patched out in TU4.
Quote:
A scarab army is usually easily defeated by an army of almost any normal unit being produced in mass. Flame throwers and jackals don't kill scarabs but everything else will pretty much.
1 Scarab + 30 engineers was a legit strategy for taking and holding a point though... at least, when not against Anders.
SC Matt 7 wrote:
Steam mods, probably.
Schmuckey wrote:
Quote:
A scarab army is usually easily defeated by an army of almost any normal unit being produced in mass. Flame throwers and jackals don't kill scarabs but everything else will pretty much.
1 Scarab + 30 engineers was a legit strategy for taking and holding a point though... at least, when not against Anders.
I found it all while I was looking through the files. There's so much stuff cut it's insane.
SC Matt 7 wrote:
Steam mods, probably.
Schmuckey wrote:
Quote:
Engineers can only heal stationary objects. Kite the scarab and he dies pretty fast. An army of wolves due pretty well. I only do the scarab with engineers if I am playing idiots.