Forums / Games / Halo Wars: Definitive Edition

Halo Wars: DE Update - NOW LIVE (Feb. 22)

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
All units! The Halo Wars team has just pushed out the first update for Halo Wars: Definitive Edition. Please see below for the patch notes.

• Improvements to networking and connectivity
  • Implementation of a progression system
  • Removal of the Pause function in public games
  • Add additional graphics resolutions in Options
  • Remove the Early Access label on the game
  • Improvements to game flow in multiplayer
  • Make the game default to discreet graphics cards instead of an existing on-board integrated GPU
  • Fix pop-ups that appear too often
  • Fix audio bugs in options and in the campaign
  • Fix a lengthy black screen appearance when launching the game for the first time on UWP
  • Fix other crashes, visual asset problems, and messaging issues
This is just the first update - the team is also working on some additional tweaks and improvements further down the road that will include, among other things, leaderboards and text chat for the PC version of Halo Wars: DE. This is expected to be coming in late March and we'll share more details as we get closer to release and things get finalized.
This update is a step in the right direction thank you.

I hope the team can garner feedback on here, host only being to be able to activate skulls is a good compromise for example.

How will leaderboards work? Like original? Nothing should count if A.I is in game.

Whilst the server browser is nice it adds complications to implementing a ranked system I hope you folks will consider a way forward, ranking is essential for the longevity but leaderboards are a great step.

Thanks again for the update apologies if us fans get frustrated we want to play and love both games so we can sell those ultimate editions meaning more profit and a bigger playerbase.
is the old HL1 leaderboards coming back for SP and MP ??? i
This is amazing news. I honestly thought the Definitive Edition was a lost cause. Thank you i343 for continuing work on this!
Waiting for the update, i'm glad to hear that 343i will improve the game when Halo Wars 2 is almost here.
Just to be clear, is this for both PC and Xbox One or just PC? Reading it, it sounds like a lot more for PC.

Hope it is for both, but very glad to hear that the team is not abandoning the D.E. version of the game. But honestly and I hope I don't get too much hate for this, the team needs to really focus on fixing the issues in Halo Wars 2 being that is the new game and with all the bugs and on-line issues, it could kill the game before it even really begins. The lack of maps and only 1 blitz map is also really sad. I know they have said more are coming, but map count at launch seems really low compared to the original game.
Will you guys be fixing the Windows 10 offline mode issue, where the game forgets its in offline mode, thus requiring reconnecting to the internet?
I really hope HW DE gets the love and attention such a great game deserves. Halo Wars on 360 has a few people who still love and play the game online to this day.
Thank you so much I never thought I was going to hear this good news. You and your team should really think of doing a "state of game address" weekly like the division does. Just to inform us and let us know that your reading our stuff and seeing our reviews.
Hello, guys! Few weeks ago I found one page about Halo Wars 2. Are you interested? If yes, I want to share with you this site: http://www.gamespedition.com/pc-games/strategy-games/real-time-strategy-rts-games/halo-wars-2 In this site are a lot of useful information, tips for beginners, hints how to win the game. So, please, let me know what do you think about this game and page. Maybe do you know other sites or articles where I can get information about Halo Wars 2? Thanks a lot, Ben!
Hello, guys! Few weeks ago I found one page about Halo Wars 2. Are you interested? If yes, I want to share with you this site: http://www.gamespedition.com/pc-games/strategy-games/real-time-strategy-rts-games/halo-wars-2 In this site are a lot of useful information, tips for beginners, hints how to win the game. So, please, let me know what do you think about this game and page. Maybe do you know other sites or articles where I can get information about Halo Wars 2? Thanks a lot, Ben!
Probably better if you posted this in the Halo Wars two forums ;)
Great to see a response from 343 with info on where HW1 DE is heading. Steps in the right direction indeed. :)
i hpe they did good thing to the graphics
Please add more phrases for units to say (particularly the Warthog). A few of the units I have been using have a lot less things to say when you move them compared to the original game. This is becoming quite repetitive and boring so please implement more phrases for units to say.
4.85GB download on console!
Is there a new update today?
I think server browser only MP and a ranking system don't work well.

But it is definatly awesome that Halo Wars DE is not being abandoned.
New update seems fine but no word on leaderboards or matchmaking which is a shame. So I guess they really did ship the "Definitive" edition without these.

Hopefully there will be more updates to come...?

The only negative specifically with this update is that the multiplayer section now seems to always default to Campaign rather than Skirmish - is anyone else finding that?
Just updated my game (Xbox One) and I cannot play on-line. I get a error message right after I hit Multiplayer saying that I lost connection to xbox live or it can't maintain connection. My connection to live is great, getting about 180down and booted up HW2 and have no issues playing on-line. Seems like the patch broke on-line.
This is great thank you.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2