Forums / Games / Halo Wars: Definitive Edition

Halo Wars: DE Update - NOW LIVE (Feb. 22)

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Can we get mouse wheel zoom? Removal of the camera movement acceleration when using a mouse and keyboard? The ability to save a skirmish game? A visual representation of control groups somewhere on the screen? Better functioning leader power targeting? Deselection of units by clicking somewhere else on the map? The ability to use unit abilities with the mouse instead of having to press a keyboard key? So many things are needed...
Offline mode on Windows 10 is still not fixed... I just hope it is fixed before the update cycle for this game is over with.
I just had a 4.91 GB update start on PC. Is it this one or a new one?
Zbig9 wrote:
I just had a 4.91 GB update start on PC. Is it this one or a new one?
Yep. That will be the update.
Hello i bought the ultimate edition of halo wars 2.

And i downloaded halo wars DE, but i can not play the game after 6 six days when i bought the halo wars 2 ultimate edition. Can someone help me with this? I am from the netherlands.
Since the update I finished the campaign and haven't unlocked any completion achievements since mission 10: Shield World.

EDIT: It appears that upon exiting the game completely, restarting my xbox, and hitting 'continue campaign' it unlocked all of the full campaign completion achievements as well as mission 15's completion achievement, but I am still missing 11-14, as well as the mission specific achievements such as thinking about my doorbell
Outstanding job 343!
why the wait so long for singleplayer/MP leaderboards for HL 1 or even 2 ?? unless your banning cheaters/modders or something, this should be out.... both games are out ...
343i has been busy as all living memory with the Halo Wars franchise as a whole these past two days. 343i, you are definitely on the right track to making the Halo franchise great again. Keep at it! 🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳
I made a separate thread...

On Xbox One after I downloaded the patch the game will not let me play online. Whenever I hit the Multiplayer option I get an error stating "that my connection to Xbox live is disconnected and terminates session". I am able to play HW2 no issues and other games online. I have an open nat and over 150+ download speed. Was able to play on-line prior to the patch as well. Tried resetting/powering down my system, resetting modem/router, unistalled the game and re-installed and still wont allow me to play MP. Can play single player, skirmish etc no issues, but anything on-line I get the same error.
Can I have help please! I got the ultimate edition on Saturday 2/25/17, it's now Monday 2/27/17. I still haven't gotten this code or token thing?
@ ske7ch, any news on the late March update?
I hope this update fixes the bugged achievements in the game.
This Definitive Edition is still a masterpiece today even with HW2. After playing DE after all these years the game still & looks EVEN BETTER than before. It looks amazing and in a way kinda looks more realistic than halo wars 2. So I see now how high the bar was raised for HW2, damn near impossible to improve coming from HW1. I did notice that there was no matchmaking but hopefully an update has been implemented since then so we can play HW1 online like old times. I feel like the old maps were better in the sense that there was more HIDDEN resources spread throughout the map hidden in the fog of war promoting the need to explore areas of the map that we otherwise wouldn't go to. Also I miss the old rebel bases that needed to be destroyed in order to acquire that base. Those rebel bases were absolutely necessary if i wanted to build veterancy on my units before going into battle. Speaking of veterancy its capped at 3 in HW2 but if anyone ever put a spartan in a grizzly in HW1 then they know there was about 13 veterancy stars you could gain which is something that should be attainable in HW2(and this could be for any type of unit!)
update** so the other day I jacked my opponents grizzly with my spartan and the grizzly already had like lvl 2 veterancy and my spartan had lvl 3 veterancy, once they merged the grizzly had lvl 5 veterancy, it was pretty sweet!!
Hawk269 wrote:
I made a separate thread...

On Xbox One after I downloaded the patch the game will not let me play online. Whenever I hit the Multiplayer option I get an error stating "that my connection to Xbox live is disconnected and terminates session". I am able to play HW2 no issues and other games online. I have an open nat and over 150+ download speed. Was able to play on-line prior to the patch as well. Tried resetting/powering down my system, resetting modem/router, unistalled the game and re-installed and still wont allow me to play MP. Can play single player, skirmish etc no issues, but anything on-line I get the same error.
I'm having the same problem. My friends are getting pissed while I leave them in 2v3 games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2