Forums / Games / Halo Wars: Definitive Edition

I feel scammed as a PC player

OP BritishRedcoats

I'll start this by saying I genuinely feel scammed after I bought the halo wars Ultimate edition

firstly I was annoyed at the fact that I had a season pass and yet they released the "awakening the nightmare" DLC separate, I wasn't to annoyed at this.
What has GENUINELY put me off buying anymore Microsoft products is how they handled the release of halo wars 1 on the pc where they refuse cross-play between steam and windows 10 players, in my opinion that was their mistake with both halo wars 1 and they fact they haven't released halo wars 2 on steam is the reason its tanked on PC.

the reason I mainly feel scammed by them is purely because of halo wars definitive edition release on steam and the lack of care they gave towards the windows store player base, the only way I'll buy halo wars DE on steam is if I get it from a 3rd party website for cheap BECAUSE this will be the 3rd time I have to buy the game one for Xbox 360 back when it released, another for windows store and now to even play with friends on halo wars DE I will have to buy it a 3rd time, full price when it originally released and the price for the ultimate edition, frankly I have put enough money into 1 game that doesn't even have micro transactions, the only reason I will rebuy it is because even now is because I love halo to the bottom of my heart even the new trilogy.

Edit: I bought the ultimate edition on release of halo wars 2
That sucks, dude.
I'll start this by saying I genuinely feel scammed after I bought the halo wars Ultimate edition

firstly I was annoyed at the fact that I had a season pass and yet they released the "awakening the nightmare" DLC separate, I wasn't to annoyed at this.
What has GENUINELY put me off buying anymore Microsoft products is how they handled the release of halo wars 1 on the pc where they refuse cross-play between steam and windows 10 players, in my opinion that was their mistake with both halo wars 1 and they fact they haven't released halo wars 2 on steam is the reason its tanked on PC.

the reason I mainly feel scammed by them is purely because of halo wars definitive edition release on steam and the lack of care they gave towards the windows store player base, the only way I'll buy halo wars DE on steam is if I get it from a 3rd party website for cheap BECAUSE this will be the 3rd time I have to buy the game one for Xbox 360 back when it released, another for windows store and now to even play with friends on halo wars DE I will have to buy it a 3rd time, full price when it originally released and the price for the ultimate edition, frankly I have put enough money into 1 game that doesn't even have micro transactions, the only reason I will rebuy it is because even now is because I love halo to the bottom of my heart even the new trilogy.

Edit: I bought the ultimate edition on release of halo wars 2
I also bought the ultimate edition as a pre-order before HW2 ever released.
Do I feel annoyed? No. We all knew what we were getting, so I'm very confused as to what you mean by this altogether.
Buying Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition only allowed people to also get Halo Wars 1 DE, which was only available on Windows 10.

Halo Wars 1 DE on Steam released months after, April 20th, 2017 as a matter of fact.
Buying Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition was a steal, you know that right..? A literal steal. I'm so surprised as to why people would be mad at 343 at all, when 343 gave you a huge savings altogether. You got the Season Pass $30 (it's $27 now) Halo Wars 2 $60 (now $32), and Halo Wars 1 DE $20.343 even gave people who played Halo Wars 1 on PC essentially early access to it all the way until April 20th, 2017 when you could finally get it individually without having to buy Halo Wars 2 Ultimate edition.

Anyways, no one said that Halo Wars 1 was getting Cross platform play at all. Even between Windows and Steam, not a single game has such a function as of yet. I don't know if PC players playing the Win10 version will ever get to play with Steam players and vice versa, but I highly doubt it. Especially considering the Halo Wars 1 DE on Steam is playable on Windows 7 PC's, but Halo Wars 1 DE on the Win10 store is not. It's practically a completely different game, but looks and controls the same altogether.