Forums / Games / Halo Wars: Definitive Edition

Issues redeeming code through XBL messages

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey guys -

If you got your Halo Wars: Definitive Edition code sent to you via Xbox Live Messages and you're having issues with the button saying your code has been redeemed, please try redeeming your code manually before panicking. Best place to do that is through Xbox.com.

Thanks!
The issue is the 'automatic' redemption doesn't use the same code as the one in the message for some reason.

I noticed that when I tried it from the Windows X-Box app.

So a copy/paste to the website is quick and easy.
It says that it is finishing some things up or something like that, I don't know what's happening but i can't play HW de
If anyone could help me, it would be much appreciated
It says that it is finishing some things up or something like that, I don't know what's happening but i can't play HW de
Best thing to do is to start a new topic in the support forums about your issue
I've tried redeeming my code on Xbox one console, Xbox W10 App, Xbox Website, and Microsoft website. Every time it says its already "redeemed" but I still cannot download or play the Halo Wars DE for Xbox or PC. Please Help.
stckrboy wrote:
Best thing to do is to start a new topic in the support forums about your issue
oh, thanks! It has successfully downloaded.
I can play it now.
so did we have to pre order before 12/20 to be able to get a code
So can you explain why we have to wait to get a code via XLM. Why can't we just download it right away? This is kind of crap if someone preorders 3 days before HW2 comes out hopeing to brush up his/her skills in HW he/she can't. So in that kind of case preordering would be pointless. This is like buying a house expecting to move in that day but finding out you have to wait 7-10 months. You wouldn't do that would you? No right minded person would do that they would want there money back.
So can you explain why we have to wait to get a code via XLM. Why can't we just download it right away? This is kind of crap if someone preorders 3 days before HW2 comes out hopeing to brush up his/her skills in HW he/she can't. So in that kind of case preordering would be pointless. This is like buying a house expecting to move in that day but finding out you have to wait 7-10 months. You wouldn't do that would you? No right minded person would do that they would want there money back.
Because the game is part of a bundle and is being released in the early access program. Due to the way Xbox Live works in these situations the bundle item can't be released separately, so in these cases tokens are issues to allow eligible members the ability to get the additional content before the game is fully released. As Halo Wars 2 is the main title and not in early access, it can be released a few days before launch without the need for extra tokens.

Your house analog is a little flawed as it is ridiculously rare to be able to buy a house and be ready to move in on the very same day. There's a lot of legal paperwork to get in order before these kinds of things can be done, nothing that can compare to buying a video game.
stckrboy wrote:
Because the game is part of a bundle and is being released in the early access program. Due to the way Xbox Live works in these situations the bundle item can't be released separately, so in these cases tokens are issues to allow eligible members the ability to get the additional content before the game is fully released. As Halo Wars 2 is the main title and not in early access, it can be released a few days before launch without the need for extra tokens.

Your house analog is a little flawed as it is ridiculously rare to be able to buy a house and be ready to move in on the very same day. There's a lot of legal paperwork to get in order before these kinds of things can be done, nothing that can compare to buying a video game.
ok i will admit it was a bad analogy. but haveing to way 7-10 days for the token is ridiculous. on top of that from what i have seen its taken longer then that. I know you guys will find a way so the blame lands on xbox and not you. But for one not stating that it would be 7-10 days on the sale page for HW2 is wrong. you are selling a product under false pretense that i would be able to play that day.
It does state on store though, it has done since the game became available and was announced before the early access launched that there would be a delay in getting tokens.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-wars-2-pre-order/c2zggptf2cfg
Quote:
early access to Halo Wars: Definitive Edition beginning December 20, 2016*
*Pre-order the Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition and receive Halo Wars: Definitive Edition. The codes for Halo Wars: Definitive Edition will be delivered to your Xbox message center in 7-10 days from pre-order, beginning December 20, 2016. Redeem your code on Xbox One, Xbox.com or the Xbox App on Windows 10.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-wars-de-early-access
stckrboy wrote:
It does state on store though, it has done since the game became available and was announced before the early access launched that there would be a delay in getting tokens.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-wars-2-pre-order/c2zggptf2cfg
Quote:
early access to Halo Wars: Definitive Edition beginning December 20, 2016*
*Pre-order the Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition and receive Halo Wars: Definitive Edition. The codes for Halo Wars: Definitive Edition will be delivered to your Xbox message center in 7-10 days from pre-order, beginning December 20, 2016. Redeem your code on Xbox One, Xbox.com or the Xbox App on Windows 10.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-wars-de-early-access
7-10 days yet people are waiting 12-14 like i said false pretense
7 to 10 business days, there is no false pretense here
dude there is people are having to wait 11 or 12 days one guy i read he waited 14 days for his code. you promised 7-10 days (no were dose it say business days nice try) but are failing to uphold that. that falls under false pretense. now that i think about it this falls under false advertising as well.
There has been no false advertising - everything was listed and explained in the links and quotes in my post above. There are are also pinned threads in the forum providing updates and other information regarding the release of codes, how to get them and expected wait times, This information was tweeted and placed on Reddit, Facebook and other social media platforms. To my knowledge codes are fulfilled by Xbox Live and Xbox Live support. Business days are a standard timescale provided by most companies as most companies generally do not operate over the weekend. Side note: I don't work for 343
I had no problems
I found the automatic redemption entered the last code I had used on XBL, I think the issue is it's not clearing the old code and putting in the new one. I noticed it straight away and manually typed it in and it worked fine.
Anyone wanna do ful co-op on halo wars definitive edition with me?
In the UK Halo Wars 2 goes live at 5AM.on Friday
It will also be 7days since I pre-order the ultimate edition.

Will I get my code before or after the game goes live?
Does the code come in (if at all) directly at the 7day mark from the initial pre-order?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2