Forums / Games / Halo Wars: Definitive Edition

Matchmaking Removed. Preorder cancelled

OP TommyDudeheadUK

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Awesome! I always hate these p2p matchmaking systems. They are beyond dumb and are too hacker friendly etc for any game. I am glad they did this. Player hosted/community hosted servers is always the way to go for multiplayer imo. Then again as a hardcore PC gamer that may explain my feelings a bit too.
KayMrt wrote:
What was the reason they removed this?
I would argue, that the question isn't why it was removed, but rather why it hasn't been implemented yet.

My guess is they couldn't get matchmaking fully working in time for the release window, so they created the game browser as a quick fix while we wait for rank based matchmaking. After all the game is not officially released.
I thought that too until I read the release notes which suggests it has been permanently replaced.

"In addition to the great campaign and multiplayer modes fans will remember, Halo Wars:Definitive Edition also features a new multiplayer session browser in place of the legacy matchmaking system. This allows players to create and join their favorite multiplayer, skirmish, or co-op campaign games quickly and easily on their preferred platform."
Pffffffttttt, quickly and easily? It's hard enough to find the darn matches, and there's always the chance of the eternity load!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Think they're gonna respond to a nasty attitude like that? 343i already stated that they expected the population of Halo Wars DE to be quite low. They don't owe you anything.
And Ensemble Studios no longer exists, so it isn't like they're around to receive credit.
Think they're gonna respond to a nasty attitude like that? 343i already stated that they expected the population of Halo Wars DE to be quite low. They don't owe you anything.
And Ensemble Studios no longer exists, so it isn't like they're around to receive credit.
Ironic that their solution to a predicted low population count is to remove a feature which will in turn significantly reduce the population count further.
I've been a regular Halo Wars player and am in that small 2% that has reached General rank.
Same, and honestly I couldn't care less. Between HW2 matchmaking and Halo 5 matchmaking, I'd hardly ever go back to Halo Wars matchmaking. HW2 is so much more improved that it'd be practically absurd.
Just found this out the hard way. Whole bundles been a waste of money as I'm just back playing the original.
Remedied
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2